Author Topic: Jeremy Clarkson, Gentleman Farmer  (Read 2424 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Jeremy Clarkson, Gentleman Farmer
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2021, 09:50:43 PM »
Amazon just announced a second season of the show.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2021, 07:37:47 PM »
Jeremy Clarkson announcing the second season of Kaleb's Farm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX7-3E6cirQ
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2023, 09:35:20 PM »
The second season just dropped. I just now saw the notice, so will watch the first episode tomorrow.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2023, 11:00:28 PM »
Good to know.  Thanks for the heads up.

edited for lousy typing
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 08:35:19 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2023, 07:03:05 AM »
Cool. Now that I have my new TV I have more incentive to watch it, and catch up on Grand Tour.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2023, 07:48:06 PM »
Caught the first episode of season 2. It's just as good as season 1. He's got somebody else taking care of his sheep, and now he bought cows. Looks like fun times ahead.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2023, 09:00:35 AM »
I'm two episodes into the second season and am greatly enjoying myself.  Looking at some episode title and descriptions, I'm worried it's going to derail from the comedic farming educational to and endless foray into local politics and regulations... You know, like real life.   :police:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2023, 09:05:30 AM »
endless foray into local politics and regulations... You know, like real life.   :police:

I think I mentioned during Season 1 that I couldn't for the life of me figure out how any farmers in the UK get anything done. You need a permit for everything all the way to fish farts.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2023, 05:24:59 PM »
I think season 2 might be better than season one. I laughed out loud at least a half dozen times during episode 2.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2023, 02:59:53 PM »
Season 3 is filming now.  There was concern that Amazon would be ending all projects with Mr. Clarkson after his column in The Sun regarding Meaghan Markle.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2023, 03:02:18 PM »
Season 3 is filming now.  There was concern that Amazon would be ending all projects with Mr. Clarkson after his column in The Sun regarding Meaghan Markle.

Awesome to hear. They can make crappy shows like Hell's Kitchen run like 15 seasons, so I hope we can get at least 5 out of Clarkson's Farm.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2023, 03:32:29 PM »

Based on this, I wonder if The Grand Tour will also continue?  It would make sense if season three of Clarkson's Farm is being shot now.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2023, 04:33:57 PM »
Based on this, I wonder if The Grand Tour will also continue?  It would make sense if season three of Clarkson's Farm is being shot now.

From some dialogue in S2E1, I'm getting the impression that season 2 was in the can over a year ago. This thread started not quite a year ago for Season 1. Do they release this in Europe first maybe?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2023, 06:10:13 PM »
Word is the took a while to exit this one.  I think they wanted to portray a particular viewpoint on the relationship between farmers and the UK government. Took it a bit to get just right.

Also this was the 2021 into 2022 season. I think the actual filming didn't end until mid summer/ early fall 2022. Then post production.

FWIW I totally agree. Season 2 was great, and made me laugh quite a bit.  The bit with the cows and the ratchet jack had me honestly worried and on the edge of my seat.

I would however be having Pepper Steak if I were in Jeremy's shoes. ;)

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2023, 07:54:52 PM »
I would however be having Pepper Steak if I were in Jeremy's shoes. ;)
Yeah, I’d have offered the farmer a chance to trade for a fertile female so his kid could have her favorite back, but if not then Pepper steak it is.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2023, 12:02:56 PM »
Looks like they're going to do a third series.