Author Topic: Dayyum!  (Read 394 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Dayyum!
« on: June 21, 2021, 08:13:37 PM »
This coronavirus shutdown thing has REALLY affected my driving. I knew it, subjectively, but I had no idea just how much.

I track vehicle maintenance in an Excel workbook. I had to replace a throttle position sensor today, so I dutifully noted the mileage, and then went to enter it into the spreadsheet.

The previous entry was for the same problem -- in March I replaced the idle air controller. That seemed to help for awhile, then things got much worse. It finally threw code so I could do a better diagnosis, and the code was TPS.

In three months since I replace the IAC in March, I have driven 550 miles. I used to drive that in two weeks (or less).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Dayyum!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 10:10:58 PM »
We bought a car from a coworker just as the pandemic was getting going in March last year.  I think we’ve put maybe 4000 miles on in that time.  “Normal” for us is more like 4 months to accumulate those miles, not 15.  So that’s ~75% reduction in driving.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 11:17:06 PM »
At the height of the “pandemic” I was getting 3 days to the mile….. :rofl:

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 11:19:19 PM »
I wish, seems I am still on my usual 35K per year.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 11:36:28 PM »
I'm an essential employee.

Five, six, seven or up to two weeks in a row.

Lots of folks were working on project cars...
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 12:18:19 AM »
No miles saved here. My wife stayed home for a couple of months, but then we moved, and doubled my commute (lengthened hers just a little bit.)

I keep hearing there's been no traffic on the roads for the past year. Well, the folks in my neighborhood never got the message. Besides that, we're only halfway through with a major road construction project.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 06:53:37 AM »
My mileage went down over the last year, but only because my work commute went from 30 miles a day to 5 miles a day.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 08:20:18 AM »
If I saved any miles, they were negligible. About the only thing I gave up was trips to downtown Boise for beer and burgers because there was no sit-down dining. Otherwise, other than about a month near the start of the panic, I did business as usual.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."