Author Topic: TDS is alive and well  (Read 10635 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: TDS is alive and well
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2023, 01:38:33 PM »
eta    well now I know why I have not heard of him.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOZwxqQlyLg    not exactly my cup of tea in music

Yeah, that's not rock.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2023, 02:32:12 PM »
Powerful beat, repetitive simple theme, inane lyrics, random dynamic choreography through the set, complete blockage of normal mental processes, what's not to like? 

Who's this Obscure artist?  Never heard of him.  Do you have a clip?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2023, 04:15:07 PM »
You may remember Seven Nation Army if you owned a radio in the late 2000s. https://youtu.be/0J2QdDbelmY

Fell in love with a girl also got a lot of airplay around 02. https://youtu.be/fTH71AAxXmM

Personally I prefer the music he made in The White Stripes to his solo career,  but the man can play a guitar.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2023, 04:25:04 PM »
Personally I prefer the music he made in The White Stripes to his solo career,  but the man can play a guitar.

Okay, I know the White Stripes. I didn't know he was in that band.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2023, 04:27:10 PM »
Just for clarity, Jack White is not obscure. He's been a Big Name in music for the past several years, though not always as a solo act. I could be wrong, but I would guess more Americans recognize his name than Joe Rogan's. He's definitely more of a celebrity than Guy Fieri.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2023, 04:34:16 PM »
I could be wrong, 
I think at least a couple of us suspect you are.  ;)

He's definitely more of a celebrity than Guy Fieri.
So he's got his own TV show like Guy does? I didn't know that.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2023, 06:10:24 PM »
Just for clarity, Jack White is not obscure. He's been a Big Name in music for the past several years, though not always as a solo act. I could be wrong, but I would guess more Americans recognize his name than Joe Rogan's. He's definitely more of a celebrity than Guy Fieri.

Heard of Joe Rogan many times.  Heard of Guy Fieri many times.  Never, ever heard of Jack White.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2023, 06:35:10 PM »
Heard of Joe Rogan many times.  Heard of Guy Fieri many times.  Never, ever heard of Jack White.

I am in the same boat...... but I have heard of Jack Black! ;)

bob

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2023, 06:57:03 PM »
I am in the same boat...... but I have heard of Jack Black! ;)

bob

I believe Jack White does the vocals for the female character in the "Danger! High Voltage" video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4gyJsY0mc

(I love those painting)
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2023, 11:06:50 PM »
FWIW, APS is not a representative sample of the US. There are probably a lot of Very Famous Music Industry Figures many of us do not know. We're old.

I recall someone here having to explain Old Town Road to me, a few years ago.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2023, 11:26:09 PM »
Jack White played a musician in the movie Cold Mountain.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2023, 09:14:17 AM »
I worked with Jack White. Good guy. USMC veteran and good Republican.

Not some *expletive deleted*che bag musician.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2023, 09:18:18 AM »

Probably all publicity is underhandedly suppressed as racist.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2023, 01:03:40 PM »
I believe Jack White does the vocals for the female character in the "Danger! High Voltage" video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4gyJsY0mc

(I love those painting)

Why do I have the suspicion they are just making fun of modern tastes in music?

This theory seems to fit the data as presented.

:O

:rofl:

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2023, 09:32:12 AM »
This morning I went and did some work with a woman on her farm.  Out of the blue she asked me if I was "Trumpist" or something.  I told her I was a Republican though Trump "wasn't exactly my favorite person" (which is accurate).  That seemed to satisfy her.

I like the woman quite a lot, but why did she even bring it up?  What would she have done if I was a huge Trump fan?  Would she have been obligated to hate me?  It was just bizarre.  Talking about politics with strangers is just a bad, bad idea for the most part.

School board calling the police on people who they feel look "Trumpist"

James O'Keefe
@JamesOKeefeIII
·
Follow
BREAKING: Police bodycam footage shows NJ School Board officials calling police on citizens they don’t recognize who look “TRUMPISH!” Police colluded with school officials to scan license plates of all attendees who looked 'different'.

POLICE: 'I don't answer to journalists.' Show more

James O'Keefe BUSTS School Board officials admitting they target parents for looking 'TRUMPISH' (watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/31/okeefe-school-board-trumpish-n2386742
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2023, 12:22:44 PM »
Nothing to see here.
Imagine the MSM reaction if someone on the right said something like this about Biden?

BREAKING: In case you missed this today, Democratic Congressman @RepDanGoldman went on Jen Psaki (@jrpsaki" show today to declare that TRUMP "HAS TO BE ELIMINATED." WATCHpic.twitter.com/qUU4e9s69r
    — Simon Ateba (@simonateba) November 20, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/11/20/goldman-trump-threat-n2389997
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2023, 07:23:02 AM »
Now Trump is going to turn off the internet

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1735428648146989416

MSNBC's @MilesTaylorUSA: If elected, Trump may "turn off the Internet." https://t.co/OstdHL4n9T pic.twitter.com/IcE9rtRfM5
    — Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) December 14, 2023

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/12/14/miles-anonymous-taylor-fears-donald-trump-could-turn-off-the-internet-if-reelected-n2390838
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2023, 01:57:37 PM »
Last term, he murdered us all with the internet. So he may as well shut it down. Who's left to use it?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2024, 07:12:31 PM »
Donald Trump is sparking fears among those who understand the inner workings of the Pentagon that he would convert the nonpartisan U.S. military into the muscular arm of his political agenda as he makes comments about dictatorship and devalues the checks and balances that underpin the nation’s two-century-old democracy.

Now, bracing for Trump’s potential return, a loose-knit network of public interest groups and lawmakers is quietly devising plans to try to foil any efforts to expand presidential power, which could include pressuring the military to cater to his political needs.

Those taking part in the effort told NBC News they are studying Trump’s past actions and 2024 policy positions so that they will be ready if he wins in November. That involves preparing to take legal action and send letters to Trump appointees spelling out consequences they’d face if they undermine constitutional norms.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/01/15/nbc-news-swamp-devising-plans-to-stop-trump-from-using-military-to-enforce-political-agenda-n2391777

NBC has gone to TDS plaid
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2024, 07:47:08 PM »
^^^

I have noticed that both NBC and The Hill are going full bore on the House Harkonnen stuff the last few days. Stories on Trump executing people, etc. It is mind-boggling to me that there is some segment of society that truly believes this stuff. Let alone "reputable news sources" actually running with it.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2024, 09:11:33 PM »
And here's the Babylon Bee

9 Items Liberals Must Stockpile To Protect Themselves In Case Trump Wins
https://babylonbee.com/news/9-things-liberals-must-stockpile-in-case-trump-wins-and-kills-democracy-again
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2024, 02:13:51 PM »
2024 is going to be fun

MSNBC’s @JoyAnnReid opens her show with a 3-minute monologue arguing Trump is Hitler reincarnated: “Like Trump, Hitler was also viewed as a clown, a goon who could be kept in line” pic.twitter.com/1Z4aAsozZV
    — Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) January 25, 2024

MSNBC's Joy Reid Spends Several Minutes Ranting About How Trump Is Just Like Hitler
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/01/25/msnbcs-joy-reid-spends-3-minutes-explaining-how-trump-is-just-like-hitler-n2392170
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2024, 12:16:57 PM »
"The View" co-host Sara Haines said on a recent episode that she hid Trump's presidency from her children in order to not taint their perception of the presidency. (ABC/The View)

'The View' co-host Sara Haines claims she 'had to hide' Trump's presidency from her child
https://www.foxnews.com/media/the-view-co-host-sara-haines-claims-hide-trumps-presidency-child
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2024, 12:27:10 PM »
^^^

I have noticed that both NBC and The Hill are going full bore on the House Harkonnen stuff the last few days. Stories on Trump executing people, etc. It is mind-boggling to me that there is some segment of society that truly believes this stuff. Let alone "reputable news sources" actually running with it.
The scary part is you wonder if they are just accusing Trump of something they already do or they are trying to justify some future actions.  Sad to think about that and realize I could easily see it happening and these people cheering it on. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2024, 10:06:24 PM »
Stretch Armstrong must envy this reach:

4 years ago, Trump's reckless order led to the assassination of an Iranian general, triggering events that have killed 3 US Troops.

Let’s be clear: @POTUS Biden is measured and ALWAYS values Troop safety, while Trump shows NO regard for consequences.

ELECTIONS MATTER.

The mind boggles.

Some great snark replies here:

https://twitchy.com/coucy/2024/01/31/votevets-soleimani-n2392371