Author Topic: TDS is alive and well  (Read 10376 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: TDS is alive and well
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2022, 05:00:57 PM »
This morning I went and did some work with a woman on her farm.  Out of the blue she asked me if I was "Trumpist" or something.  I told her I was a Republican though Trump "wasn't exactly my favorite person" (which is accurate).  That seemed to satisfy her.

I like the woman quite a lot, but why did she even bring it up?  What would she have done if I was a huge Trump fan?  Would she have been obligated to hate me?  It was just bizarre.  Talking about politics with strangers is just a bad, bad idea for the most part.

You should have said, "No, ma'am.  I don't play any musical instruments."
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2022, 05:03:44 PM »
 =D

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2022, 05:35:15 PM »
This morning I went and did some work with a woman on her farm.  Out of the blue she asked me if I was "Trumpist" or something.  I told her I was a Republican though Trump "wasn't exactly my favorite person" (which is accurate).  That seemed to satisfy her.

I like the woman quite a lot, but why did she even bring it up?  What would she have done if I was a huge Trump fan?  Would she have been obligated to hate me?  It was just bizarre.  Talking about politics with strangers is just a bad, bad idea for the most part.

Perhaps she feels likewise and is feeling you out for compatibility's sake?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2022, 06:04:47 PM »
Ask her if she wants to go target shooting...
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2022, 06:51:34 PM »
Something else

CDS "Clinton Derangement Syndrome" , ODS "Obama Derangement Syndrome", and in a lesser degree BDS "Biden Derangement Syndrome"

Are very much alive and well.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2022, 07:24:36 PM »
Something else

CDS "Clinton Derangement Syndrome" , ODS "Obama Derangement Syndrome", and in a lesser degree BDS "Biden Derangement Syndrome"

Isn't CDS a synonym for staged suicide?  :P

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2022, 10:38:41 PM »
Something else

Not sure that stands up, but I'm open to examples.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2022, 08:00:41 AM »
Not sure that stands up, but I'm open to examples.

I’m sure pointing out *expletive deleted*it they did (the only rebuttal is a non sourced nuh-uh!) counts
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2022, 08:21:15 AM »
Something else

Sure, those exist with the same fervor, fire, passion, and media coverage accorded to people losing their minds over Donald Trump's simple continued existence.

Proof positive of that is the front pages of the various news outlets. Once those three left office, the major media outlets continued, for months, to have coverage continually devoted to them, often in the most negative terms possible, and often at the expense far more newsworthy stories...

CLINTON ORDERS QUICHE AT RESTAURANT! SOUNDS LIKE HE WANTS A QUICKIE!

OBAMA ORDERS A WHITE COFFEE! THAT RACIST BASTARD!

Meanwhile, buried far, far FAR down the page...

"New plague breaks out, millions dead, no cure, this is a potential human extinction event."

Sure. Biden, Clinton, and Obama Derangement Syndrome is alive and well and still burning with bright fury.  ;/

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2022, 08:22:01 AM »
double tap
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 08:35:55 AM by K Frame »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2022, 08:26:34 AM »
My bigger problem with Obama was the complete and total protection from any criticism the media gave him and still does to this day.  The fawning was and still is nauseating. The contrast to the way they treat Trump and pretty much any R is still shocking.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2022, 08:35:28 AM »
Of course. Because any dissent, no matter how minor or how justified is...

TREASONOUS RACISISM AND RACIST TREASON!!!

*expletive deleted*ck, even Bill Clinton has been virtually completely rehabilitated by the left-wing media.

But what about the multiple credible allegations of sexual assault levied against Clinton by multiple women?

Left-leaning media: "LOOK AT THE MONKEY! LOOK AT THE CUTE LITTLE MONKEY! NO, DON'T ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT BILL CLINTON, HE'S REHABILITATED, JUST LOOK AT THE LITTLE MONKEY!"

Pb

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2022, 09:53:08 AM »
Perhaps she feels likewise and is feeling you out for compatibility's sake?

I like her as a friend.  We are both married, and she is an old woman.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2022, 12:03:34 PM »

Why do people seem to just assume that old people don't still like to *expletive deleted*ck?

:rofl: :old:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2022, 01:04:12 PM »
I don't know if it counts as PDS, but I was recently reminded that people are still freaked out that Pence calls his wife "mother."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2022, 01:14:29 PM »

Sorry, not enough context for me.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2022, 02:13:30 PM »
Lately (10 years or so) my response to any feelers is that I have no opinion on anything.

They aren't interested in your opinion,  They're only interested in opening the door to tell you theirs.

Pressing further, they'll ask "But what about (this or that)?  Don't you think (here and there)?"

I tell them that's why we have secret ballots.

Any more probing than that I'm inclined to modify my gentlemanly demeanor slightly and become "paternally firm."

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 02:33:00 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2023, 10:07:46 AM »
Just talking to and having your photo taken with Trump makes you a villain

Rock singer Jack White trashed celebrities Guy Fieri, Mel Gibson, Joe Rogan and Mark Wahlberg for interacting with former President Donald Trump during a UFC event in Las Vegas over the weekend.

After photos of all four of them attending UFC 290 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, with Trump on Saturday started spreading online, White took to his Instagram account to express his outrage.

"Anybody who ‘normalizes’ or treats this disgusting fascist, racist, con man, disgusting piece of sh*t Trump with any level of respect is ALSO disgusting in my book," White wrote Monday. "That’s you Joe Rogan, you Mel Gibson, you Mark Wahlberg, you Guy Fieri. This is a statement from me, not a discussion/debate. -Jack White III."

Guy Fieri, Mel Gibson, others singled out by rocker as 'disgusting' for talking to Trump at UFC Vegas event
https://www.foxnews.com/media/guy-fieri-mel-gibson-others-singled-rocker-disgusting-talking-trump-ufc-vegas-event

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2023, 10:25:26 AM »
Jack who?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2023, 11:58:40 AM »
The trouble... no, make that "one of the troubles" ...with Lefties is they are constantly tooth-rending and garment-grinding in frustration that the Constitution usually keeps them from doing what they want to do.

So they lash out like children at anything remotely resembling a respectful attitude toward the wisdom of the founding fathers' marvelous invention.

By the way, I've noticed that when "they" ask a question, i isn't to find out what you think.  It's to open the door for them to tell you what they think.

Terry, 230RN

HankB

• friend
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2023, 12:23:17 PM »
Jack who?
That's my initial reaction as well - Guy, Mel, Joe, Mark and (of course) Donald I know; well, not personally, but I know who they are. I've HEARD of them.

This Jack White III is unknown to me. As were Jack Whites I and II. (White . . . should he even be capitalizing his racist last name?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2023, 01:20:59 PM »
Politics aside, Jack White is actually one of the better things to happen to popular music in the past several years. Like most talented entertainers of our day, though, his politics is apparently, uh, terrible.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2023, 01:21:20 PM »
I've heard of everybody mentioned in the article except for the guy complaining.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2023, 01:28:56 PM »
I've heard of everybody mentioned in the article except for the guy complaining.

Pretty much where I am also and this comes from someone who used to listen to Triumph, so I kind of know obscure. ;)

bob

eta    well now I know why I have not heard of him.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOZwxqQlyLg    not exactly my cup of tea in music