Author Topic: Very interesting article on the path being taken by Dems...  (Read 707 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Very interesting article on the path being taken by Dems...
« on: February 03, 2022, 09:14:09 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/democrats-biden-manchin-sinema-2022-elections-david-marcus

And it points out one HUGE consideration that I'd not thought about...

The bloodbath that's likely coming for the Democrats in the mid terms is likely going to wipe out a huge portion of the moderate/centrist Democrats and will likely leave the Squad and their far-left allies in positions of significant power in the Democratic party.

In essence, this midterms could push the entire Democratic party FAR to the left.

That's potentially a very good thing for... the Republican party. The farther leftist the Dems go, the more they'll likely isolate and alienate huge portions of America and will hand increased power to the Republican party.

My only concern is... how will the Republicans, with their abysmal track record since the end of the Reagan presidency, completely and totally *expletive deleted*ck it up?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Very interesting article on the path being taken by Dems...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 09:18:12 AM »
The Republicans need a purging of all neocon/Bush elements, MAGA or go home.

They can become the new moderate wing of the Democrats.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 09:52:57 AM »
The main caveat I see to a Dem bloodbath is I am not sure the National R's are putting up a good alternative.  Specific people and specific states are doing so, but I don't see much as a group.  We will see.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 09:56:02 AM »
The main caveat I see to a Dem bloodbath is I am not sure the National R's are putting up a good alternative.  Specific people and specific states are doing so, but I don't see much as a group.  We will see.

And there in lies one of the big reasons for Republicans turning victory into disaster for the last 30 or so years.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 10:06:58 AM »
. . .
My only concern is... how will the Republicans, with their abysmal track record since the end of the Reagan presidency, completely and totally *expletive deleted*ck it up?
Without a strong leader in the White House, my bet is the same way they always do - attempted appeasement of the legacy media and pre-emptive surrender on nearly all policy questions to the D minority.

To paraphrase Ann Coulter (haven't seen her for a while, she must have pissed someone off) we don't necessarily want the R's to become screaming maniacs like Howard Dean, but it would be nice if they actually acted like men once in a while.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 02:50:07 PM »
I would take a third party of squishes. Gabbard, Sinema, Yang types from the left. Usual suspects from the right. Not necessarily voting for them but we would see how small the lunatic fringe is. I am not a republican but the best way to get me to vote dem now is shoot me and add me to your rolls.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 09:00:17 PM »

The bloodbath that's likely coming for the Democrats in the mid terms is likely going to wipe out a huge portion of the moderate/centrist Democrats and will likely leave the Squad and their far-left allies in positions of significant power in the Democratic party.

Like the "pro-gun" dems all lost their jobs after voting for Obamacare.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 09:12:12 PM »
We need to lose all the SOBs who saw the last election as an opportunity for fundraising.
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2022, 02:23:36 PM »
I'd like to be optimistic that the Democrats are torpedoing their own party by going hard left, and that might be true for this coming election, but the Left has shown a dismaying ability to move the Overton window as far left as they please. And the people tend to go along with it. These paragraphs from the article are on track.

There are at least two plausible explanations for this behavior by the party. The first is that by focusing their energy on the nation’s big cities, progressive Democrats can gain cultural power. While radical agendas on welfare, gender and education, to name a few, may play better in New York and Los Angeles than in the heartland, it is reasonable to believe that controlling politics in urban centers will influence television, movies and news in ways that will eventually spread, especially to younger voters.

Similarly, a second reason may be that the far left sees more benefit than harm in a shellacking for their party in the midterms. After all, the Democrats who will be swept out of office are not the progressives, but the moderates. By losing this election, the former can gain institutional power in the party, possibly for a generation.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 05:32:18 PM »
Another consideration-
The farther left the libtard is the less likely they are to be concerned with fair and free elections. In their world the ends always justify the means.
I expect that we will see even more blatantly obvious, egregious election/voter fraud in the midterms than we saw in 2020 with even fewer consequences.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2022, 06:48:03 PM »
Another consideration-
The farther left the libtard is the less likely they are to be concerned with fair and free elections. In their world the ends always justify the means.
I expect that we will see even more blatantly obvious, egregious election/voter fraud in the midterms than we saw in 2020 with even fewer consequences.
They have to steal the elections to protect our democracy.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2022, 06:53:27 PM »
They have to steal the elections to protect our democracy.

They are very nearly coming out and saying that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."