Author Topic: Dimensions of glock magazine  (Read 530 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Dimensions of glock magazine
« on: July 11, 2021, 06:25:36 PM »
Can someone tell me the width of a double-column Glock magazine? Caliber and capacity don't matter. I am putting dividers in a box, to hold pocket knives, magazines, flashlights, and other EDC stuff. I currently have no double-column pistols, but I'd like the dividers to work for those, too.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Dimensions of glock magazine
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 07:17:39 PM »
Aftermarket G17 mag measures out at 0.890"

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 08:28:57 PM »
Magpul PM9: .915, baseplate is 1.17
Glock 23: .915 baseplate 1.13

Glock 20 10mm: 1.040 baseplate 1.25
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 10:26:00 PM »
Thanks. That should do it. If anyone wants to add more, I just need the width of the tube. I'd be putting them in business end down.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 04:28:48 PM »
They are exactly 0.1mm wider than the belt pouch you bought that was supposed to fit actually is.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 04:47:32 PM »
Remember to leave enough room for the baseplates if you will have more than one side by side.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2021, 04:09:12 PM »
Here's what I ended up with. A few of those slot should be large enough to hold double-stackers.

The box came from a yard sale, or something, and the wooden slats came from Handyman Hardware. They just happened to be the same depth as the box.

If I could do it over again, I'd go for fewer, and slightly larger slots. Probably start with a smaller box, too. It takes up too much room in the drawer, and I don't use that many mags or knives for EDC.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2021, 04:48:03 PM »
Here's what I ended up with. A few of those slot should be large enough to hold double-stackers.

The box came from a yard sale, or something, and the wooden slats came from Handyman Hardware. They just happened to be the same depth as the box.

If I could do it over again, I'd go for fewer, and slightly larger slots. Probably start with a smaller box, too. It takes up too much room in the drawer, and I don't use that many mags or knives for EDC.

What are the knives to the left of what I think is an Ontario RAT?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2021, 05:17:54 PM »
What are the knives to the left of what I think is an Ontario RAT?

It is a RAT. The one in the middle is a Civivi Praxis. I was really into Chinese folding knives for a while, back before the Kung Flu made me a racist made it clear that China is really a problem the world needs to smack down. Instead, we voted for the pro-China political party.  :facepalm: Anyway, it's a beautiful knife, but I don't find it as practical as I thought it would be. The one on the left is my favorite carry knife. It's a Chinese Ganzo 740. It has a very good action, and just fits my hand really well. Handle is a bit too long, but a lot of knives have too short of a handle.

I tried liking RATs, but despite their reputation for having nice, smooth actions - they don't. Or at least the 4 that I've owned have not. Perfectly serviceable knife, though, of course.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2021, 05:50:07 PM »
It is a RAT. The one in the middle is a Civivi Praxis. I was really into Chinese folding knives for a while, back before the Kung Flu made me a racist made it clear that China is really a problem the world needs to smack down. Instead, we voted for the pro-China political party.  :facepalm: Anyway, it's a beautiful knife, but I don't find it as practical as I thought it would be. The one on the left is my favorite carry knife. It's a Chinese Ganzo 740. It has a very good action, and just fits my hand really well. Handle is a bit too long, but a lot of knives have too short of a handle.

I tried liking RATs, but despite their reputation for having nice, smooth actions - they don't. Or at least the 4 that I've owned have not. Perfectly serviceable knife, though, of course.
Thanks. I have an itch for a new knife of some sort that I intend to scratch one of these days.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila