Author Topic: New Hyundai Santa Cruz pricing  (Read 652 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
Re: New Hyundai Santa Cruz pricing
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 04:18:24 PM »
Remember the days of affordable Datsuns and Toyotas as well as LUVs, Rangers (mazda), and even Isuzus...

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 04:35:20 PM »
I'll probably never buy another new car, as a major career change has reduced my annual driving to roughly 3,000 miles per year.  If that were not the case, I'd be highly interested in both the Santa Cruz and the Maverick.  I like the styling of the Santa Cruz more than the conservative / traditional truck styling of the Maverick, but for the price difference, I'd have to test drive both before choosing.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 05:20:02 PM »
I'd probably come down on the side of the Maverick.  Hyundai's 2.5 NA I4 is pretty anemic even in a Sonata, much less with a vehicle you could put weight in.  The ford has either a Hybrid (with the electric torque) or an EcoBoost.

Of course it's academic for a while as I'm driving an F150, and Mrs. Mush just picked up a used Alfa.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 06:43:46 PM »
Mrs. Mush just picked up a used Alfa.

My God have mercy on your soul.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 07:19:22 PM »
My God have mercy on your soul.

=D

It's a newer one so Fiat Chrysler product.  I don't know if Alfa's have gotten better, or Jeeps worse, but it's the same reliability as the Grand Cherokee she was also looking at.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 07:19:26 AM »
Don't ask me why, but I absolutely LOVE the Alfa Giulia's lines...

But, you can't get a manual transmission Giulia in the US, and reliability? Yeah... what reliability.

Still...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 11:27:46 AM »
I just want a bare-bones transportation vehicle.
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 11:33:18 AM »
I just want a bare-bones transportation vehicle.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 12:39:58 PM »
If St. Louis didn't have horrible winters, I'd consider a moped...

For that matter, I'd love a small Kai truck... It doesn't have to go fast - it just has to go.
Blog under construction

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2021, 06:15:45 PM »
A small all mechanical, metal bodied, hilux pickup or Datsun wagon in manual with a four banger gasser or diesel would be great for many people.  The "environment" and "safety" are the only reasons you aren't allowed to buy them anymore.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2021, 08:07:03 PM »
Don't ask me why, but I absolutely LOVE the Alfa Giulia's lines...

But, you can't get a manual transmission Giulia in the US, and reliability? Yeah... what reliability.

Still...

Mrs Mush wanted a mid-size SUV, so ours is a Stelvio. Same engine and drivetrain as a Gulia, but SUV body. We've had it three weeks and nothing is broken yet, so fingers crossed.

I will say it drives really nice. The 2.0 turbo is pretty dang peppy, and the chassis and suspension are dialed in tight.  I bet the Gulia is a great sports sedan.  I think the lines are pretty, and it's nice, especially in the SUV market, to not have the same Lexus, BMW, or Audi you see a million of.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2021, 11:05:26 PM »
It may be 10 years old but my Elantra is nice little car.  It has had 5-6 recalls (2 airbags, 1 electronics in the dash, don't remember the rest) and has gotten decent mileage.  I had looked at a couple of Toyotas, Fords, Kias, and even Hondas.  Didn't find any I liked.
Recently looked at the '21 Elantra and it has some kind of plastic divider on the passenger side of the center console that made it nearly impossible to get to the glove box and even moreso for anything on the floor.
And it has just over 53,000 miles on it.
  =D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2021, 07:17:01 AM »
Mrs Mush wanted a mid-size SUV, so ours is a Stelvio. Same engine and drivetrain as a Gulia, but SUV body. We've had it three weeks and nothing is broken yet, so fingers crossed.

I will say it drives really nice. The 2.0 turbo is pretty dang peppy, and the chassis and suspension are dialed in tight.  I bet the Gulia is a great sports sedan.  I think the lines are pretty, and it's nice, especially in the SUV market, to not have the same Lexus, BMW, or Audi you see a million of.

May the odds be ever in your favor! :rofl: