Author Topic: CDC response to question about variants  (Read 421 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
CDC response to question about variants
« on: August 01, 2021, 04:11:07 PM »
A nurse friend of mine posted this response to a question to the CDC about testing for variants of Covid 19.  I found it quite interesting.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: CDC response to question about variants
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 06:50:37 PM »
So is all the news about the Delta variant based on a small sampling of the population of infected people?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 06:59:25 PM »
So is all the news about the Delta variant based on a small sampling of the population of infected people?

Yes, I thought everyone knew this.

The news to me is that we even bother, and that the man on the street knows or cares. Nobody ever knew or cared anything about what strain of a virus you had.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 07:05:31 PM »
Yeah, no *expletive deleted*it.  This has been mentioned in every serious paper I've read since Delta became a thing.

FWIW, I'm told that at least around the Tampa area the hospitals are sequenceing 10% of positive samples and they are almost all Delta.  I think if you go to a CVS/ Doc in the Box they don't sequence those.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 12:13:54 AM »
Heh - around here, hospital waiting rooms see mostly poverty line folks... If you have money, at all, you hit an urgent care unless you're at "might need an ambulance ride" status...
Blog under construction