Author Topic: Breathe Deep for Health  (Read 359 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Breathe Deep for Health
« on: August 17, 2021, 05:22:53 PM »
On deep breathing and controlled breathing exercises for health:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/breathing-away-food-binges_3942381.html

I certainly notice the positive effects myself. The start and end of my daily Budokon routine involves controlled breathing. Whether I do my short or long routine, the first and last poses are always controlled breathing. The last pose is a standing meditation pose where you control your breathing and zone out for two minutes as you cool down from the exercises. When done, I always feel like I have just woken up from a really good sleep.

I am a big fan of breathing exercises, as they are super easy to do, quick, and have very positive results.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Breathe Deep for Health
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 09:44:36 PM »
Part of what I find beneficial to my 3x per week lap swimming is the rhythmic breath in through the mouth, blow out thru the nose. Every 3rd stroke so my head comes up on alternate right/left sides.
So yeah, deep and rhythmic breathing.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 03:50:35 PM »
I breathe every day.  Seems to work.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 04:36:36 PM »
I can't see the whole article, what ancient people knew this that they are referring to at the top of the article?

I have a breathing machine.  I guess I feel extra awake.   =)

Exercising a for a while to get your breathing and blood circulation moving and burn off blood sugar are always good things for me.  Usually helps me sleep better.  Of course, my job is mostly desk work. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge