Author Topic: Husband kills wife's lover; wife charged  (Read 1119 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Husband kills wife's lover; wife charged
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:26:44 PM »
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- Darrell Roberson came home from a card game late one night to find his wife rolling around with another man in a pickup truck in the driveway.

Caught in the act with her lover, Tracy Denise Roberson -- thinking quickly, if not clearly -- cried rape, authorities say. Her husband pulled a gun and killed the other man with a shot to the head.

On Thursday, a grand jury handed up a manslaughter indictment -- against the wife, not the husband.

The grand jury declined to charge the husband with murder, the charge on which he was arrested by police.

"If I found somebody with my wife or with my kids in my house, there's no telling what I might do," said Juan Muniz, 33, who was having lunch Friday with one of his two small children at a restaurant in the middle-class suburban Dallas neighborhood where the Robersons lived. "I probably would have done the same thing."

Tracy Roberson, 35, could get two to 20 years in prison in the slaying of Devin LaSalle, a 32-year-old UPS employee.

Assistant District Attorney Sean Colston declined to comment on specifics of the case or the grand jury proceedings but said Texas law allows a defendant to claim justification if he has "a reasonable belief that his actions are necessary, even though what they believe at the time turns out not to be true."

Mark Osler, a Baylor University law school professor and a former federal prosecutor, said the grand jurors evidently put themselves in the husband's place: "I can see one of them saying, 'I would have shot the guy, too. I was just protecting my wife.' "

The December night before the shooting, Tracy Roberson sent LaSalle a text message that read in part, "Hi friend, come see me please! I need to feel your warm embrace!" according to court papers. LaSalle apparently agreed.

Darrell Roberson, a 38-year-old employee of a real estate firm, discovered the two, his wife clad in a robe and underwear.

When Tracy Roberson cried that she was being raped, LaSalle tried to drive away and her husband drew the gun he happened to be carrying and fired several shots at the truck, authorities said.

Darrell Roberson's attorney did not immediately return a call for comment.

His wife also was charged with making a false report to a police officer -- for allegedly saying she was raped -- and could get up to six months behind bars on that offense. It was not immediately clear whether she had a lawyer.

She had not been arrested as of Friday afternoon.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/03/30/texas.manslaughter.ap/index.html

Whoops.  At least the guy is not being charged in this. I predict the wife is soon be be an ex-wife
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Husband kills wife's lover; wife charged
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 07:52:37 PM »
[now_spokesperson]But, women don't lie about being raped![/now_spokesperson]

I think I'll slip on my asbestos underoos.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

onions!

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 04:00:33 AM »
That artice really isn't very clear.From it I take that the deed had already been done & that the soon-to-be-dead guy was trying to exit when the husband shot him.IOWS,he wasn't endandgering the wife @ that point so what would be the justification to executing him?Emotional distress?Property damage? angel(jk!!)

Unless Texas law allows the husband to kill a fleeing rapist?

Agreed on the ex-wife potential though.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 04:52:27 AM »
That is terrible. I feel really bad for the husband. You think that you are rescuing your wife from the indignity and suffering of rape, when she is in fact a liar and an adulterer, that causes you to kill a man. The man who was killed may have been fair game for a kick in the ass, but not that. Sad
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 06:47:30 AM »
Devin LaSalle, a 32-year-old UPS employee.
Women just love a man in uniform! smiley
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 07:55:48 AM »
What can Brown do for you, little lady?  grin

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »
I knew a guy in college.

He was arrested one evening for rape.

The campus security cop walked up on a parked vehicle, and the female occupant announced that she was being raped by the male occupant. Out came the cuffs.

Now for the rest of the story...

The security cop didn't think something was quite right... So she called the dorm where the guy lived, and a few of us went down. And after a long and occasionally tearful battle, we convinced the 5'5" blond-haired, blue-eyed dean's daughter that she didn't really want her 6'4" black boyfriend to go to jail, and that everything was gonna get torn up, and daddy would never hear about it.

You see... She'd been on top...

Blog under construction

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 06:47:33 PM »
Unless Texas law allows the husband to kill a fleeing rapist?

Even NY law allows that.  Forcible rape is on of the short list of crimes where the use of deadly force is justifiable not only to stop the crime from taking place, but also to prevent the immediate escape of the perpetrator.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 08:53:33 AM »
Would you vote to convict if you were on the jury?  Some would I am sure, but not me.

Interesting turn of events.  Does this mean the husband actually has the upper hand in the divorce this time?  smiley
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge