Author Topic: Joe Biden Bans Russian Ammunition Importation  (Read 4606 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Joe Biden Bans Russian Ammunition Importation
« on: August 20, 2021, 10:16:04 PM »
Joe Biden Bans Russian Ammunition Importation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbAojJYunBA

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/08/breaking-biden-administration-bans-importation-of-russian-guns-and-ammo/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork
Biden Administration Bans Importation of Russian Guns and Ammo

Fun times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEuKAzGgoDA
No More Russian Ammo - New Sanctions! Biden Bans Ammo - WHAT?!
 AK Operators Union, Local 47-74
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Joe Biden Bans Russian Ammunition Importation
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 10:26:08 PM »
I will be setting up shop for you Arsenal AK owners. I have 200 dollars US Cash money per rifle. ;)

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 10:31:37 PM »
I just ordered some Belom 7.62x39 from Global Ordnance.  Still showed in stock, but we will see.  I figured the price would go up if nothing else. 
I have ammo, but it certainly makes me less likely to do any blasting.  This sucks.

Also, a lot of steel case ammo has been filling the ammo shortage hole for the last year.  I think just about every caliber will be affected.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 10:41:09 PM »
Well poop
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 11:10:49 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 10:48:53 PM »
Any thought this might be in retaliation for the recent Hunter Biden laptop stuff hitting the news?  Screwing with the gun industry is a happy side affect for them. 

Or maybe the State Dept is trying to cover up their complete failure in getting their people out of Afghanistan. 

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 11:10:20 PM »
I seem to remember several predictions here on APS that they would likely go after import ammo.Russia is low hanging fruit.
My guess is we will see another run on ammo of all types.
I did get my bulk packed 1K round box of Federal/LC .223 delivered today. While the price was higher than I was really comfortable with I'm a little less conflicted now.
The Harris/Biden administration is NOT going to slow down on their assault on the 2A
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 11:22:00 PM »
Any thought this might be in retaliation for the recent Hunter Biden laptop stuff hitting the news?  Screwing with the gun industry is a happy side affect for them. 

Or maybe the State Dept is trying to cover up their complete failure in getting their people out of Afghanistan.

I'm sure it was on the to do list long before either one and I predicted it even before Jan 20. Honestly I'm shocked it took them this long. Messing with imports is something they can do without congress
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 07:02:23 AM »
I was just on S and G ammo, and they didn't have any russian made 5.56 at all.  Don't know if it all sold out yesterday, or they just didn't have stock when the news dropped.

I did get 1000 rds of brass cased 5.56 for 51 cents per round.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2021, 08:06:19 AM »
I was under the impression sanctions were lifted recently so Russia can have an oil pipeline. I don't  believe this is about Russia.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2021, 08:21:57 AM »
I was under the impression sanctions were lifted recently so Russia can have an oil pipeline. I don't  believe this is about Russia.

Of course this is not about Russia and chemical weapons.  This is about screwing gun owners.

On the list of imports from Russia, based on value, arms and ammo comes in 12th.  If Biden wanted to put a financial squeeze on Russia, he could easily ban much more valuable goods.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2021, 10:07:58 AM »
I didn't read the articles on that, but I thought it was a narrow decision that only affected that one thing, not all sanctions. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2021, 10:14:17 AM »
For Russia, this is far too piddly of a thing to consider as a US sanction. The Ruskies can sell this stuff in any number of places around the world (or trade for some Blackhawks). This is absolutely an attack on US gun owners.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2021, 10:15:10 AM »
Start a go-fund-me to buy one of Hunter's paintings?
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2021, 01:07:13 PM »
Anyone want to bet that as soon as Biden figures out he can get away with this, he'll ban the import of all ammunition, regardless of where it comes from?  Banning ammo from Russia is probably just the beginning.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2021, 01:28:12 PM »
Anyone want to bet that as soon as Biden figures out he can get away with this, he'll ban the import of all ammunition, regardless of where it comes from?  Banning ammo from Russia is probably just the beginning.

I think that would be easy enough for him to do. Does anyone know the percentage of "recreational" ammo that is imported?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2021, 02:40:01 PM »
Mrgunsngear just did a video on this and said that 40-45% of our ammo is imported from Russia. If that's accurate, even if other countries only export a little bit to us, it's gonna be over half of our civilian ammo.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2021, 03:13:35 PM »
Mrgunsngear just did a video on this and said that 40-45% of our ammo is imported from Russia. If that's accurate, even if other countries only export a little bit to us, it's gonna be over half of our civilian ammo.

I  find it VERY difficult to accept that anywhere near 40-45% of our ammunition comes from Russia. It's possible that -- overall -- we import almost half of our ammo, but not from Russia alone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2021, 03:24:03 PM »
I  find it VERY difficult to accept that anywhere near 40-45% of our ammunition comes from Russia. It's possible that -- overall -- we import almost half of our ammo, but not from Russia alone.

I just rewatched the video to make sure I didn't mis-hear or that he was talking only about 7.62x39 or something. I tried searching, but haven't found anything with percentages yet. I'm still actually curious about overall percentage of imported ammo, just to see how much of a pain in the ass 46 will be.

https://youtu.be/pbAojJYunBA

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2021, 03:36:01 PM »
I can believe 40%. Wolf and Tula are huge these days
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2021, 03:36:45 PM »
My LGS just posted on this and said that Wolf has a ginormous factory in Ukraine. Maybe there are some, at least temporary, loopholes. The restriction says "manufactured or located in Russia".

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2021, 03:41:47 PM »
My LGS just posted on this and said that Wolf has a ginormous factory in Ukraine. Maybe there are some, at least temporary, loopholes. The restriction says "manufactured or located in Russia".

People will still panic though no doubt jacking the prices back up.

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
    Agent K
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2021, 03:42:58 PM »
Which reminds me. Back to shopping for an air rifle.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2021, 03:46:36 PM »
People will still panic though no doubt jacking the prices back up.

That is exactly why my LGS posted that. They said they were getting slammed with questions, and were telling people to stay calm, because a hoarding run on ammo now means that US sellers can jack the prices back up.