Author Topic: The Feds stopped Ben from sitting in the dark  (Read 579 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
The Feds stopped Ben from sitting in the dark
« on: August 21, 2021, 10:58:40 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/business-b56251d8c8600fbaa6d1e6cb4b314eeb

Former Marines stopped from blowing up the power grid in the PNW around Boise.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The Feds stopped Ben from sitting in the dark
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 11:09:23 AM »
Almost amazed no mention of Trump
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 11:23:37 AM »
How many involved were FBI informants/undercover agents?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 11:34:41 AM »
Meh. As long as it was Boise, nobody cares. Well, zahc might.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 11:49:47 AM »
I just skimmed the article, but did they actually have a plot to do the job or was it just gathering information? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2021, 11:59:44 AM »
I just skimmed the article, but did they actually have a plot to do the job or was it just gathering information?

The fairly detailed documentation on the power grid will likely do them in, as will the theft of "military gear" even if it was only Magpul mags.

A scary part from the big brother side is the talking about how they "researched" guns  and nerve toxins, and discussed that previous power grid attempt, which I remember reading about and also being discussed on...APS.

I worry about Internet searches like that being used as evidence. Don't anti-gunners research firearms? What about nerve toxins? How many people of all walks of life may have done internet searches on them after say, one of the many Russian poisonings in the news, just to learn about them?

Or you know, when I do a search for buying Tannerite, a completely legal substance? I remember back in the day downloading instructions for Thermite as well. Something else discussed here on APS many times in the past.

Given that most all of us here fall under the current "guidelines" for domestic terrorism, I continually think twice before I look things up on the interwebz these days, as sometimes it's worth taking the time to turn on VPN and Tor.

EDIT: Oh, also, from the article:

He moved to Idaho in 2018 after separating from the Marines and discussed the shooting of protesters with a group member who had been observing Black Lives Matter rallies in Boise, Idaho, the indictment said.

How often in the last year have we discussed potentially needing to shoot BLM or antifa in defense of our lives? Or discussed someone finally getting sick of their violence, and instead of being pulled out of their car and beaten, turning "the switch"* on and putting down their attackers?

*As we have discussed often, liberals having a volume control that they constantly turn up and down, and the rest of us having a switch that is only "on" or "off", and you don't want to see it "on".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2021, 12:10:14 PM »

EDIT: Oh, also, from the article:

How often in the last year have we discussed potentially needing to shoot BLM or antifa in defense of our lives? Or discussed someone finally getting sick of their violence, and instead of being pulled out of their car and beaten, turning "the switch" on and putting down their attackers?

*As we have discussed often, liberals having a volume control that they constantly turn up and down, and the rest of us having a switch that is only "on" or "off", and you don't want to see it "on".

[tinfoil] mode on. If I was a tin-foil hatter I could think maybe that's one of the reason the left/dems keep letting the rioters back onto the streets in the hope that someone or someones on the right that has enough of this BS will start taking matters into their own hands thus giving the dems/left an excuse for a crackdown.  [tinfoil] mode off.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2021, 01:15:03 PM »
Anything you say or do, or even think about, can and will be used against you in a court of law.  They have expanded that to include anything you want to know about, or talk about in a supposedly private conversation.  There is no limit on how far the ripples reach.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2021, 02:19:18 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/business-b56251d8c8600fbaa6d1e6cb4b314eeb

Former Marines stopped from blowing up the power grid in the PNW around Boise.

Wonder how many Fed infiltrators.  "All of them."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 04:27:52 PM »
[tinfoil] mode on. If I was a tin-foil hatter I could think maybe that's one of the reason the left/dems keep letting the rioters back onto the streets in the hope that someone or someones on the right that has enough of this BS will start taking matters into their own hands thus giving the dems/left an excuse for a crackdown.  [tinfoil] mode off.

Don't try to out-think the Lefties. They're way ahead of you and me on counter-counter-counter-counter  strategies, plus elegant exit modes for each one of those strategies.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 08:52:25 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.