Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Heading into fall for sure - Roast Turkey

<< < (2/4) > >>

charby:
I prefer wild turkey over domestic turkey. Pissed I missed one last spring.

sumpnz:

--- Quote from: charby on September 13, 2021, 10:17:53 AM ---I prefer wild turkey over domestic turkey. Pissed I missed one last spring.

--- End quote ---

Ever tried a heritage breed turkey?  Curious how you think they compare to wild.

charby:

--- Quote from: sumpnz on September 13, 2021, 04:28:48 PM ---Ever tried a heritage breed turkey?  Curious how you think they compare to wild.

--- End quote ---

No, but I want to try one. I also don't feel like spending $100 on a 15-20# bird from the folks that raise them near by either.

zxcvbob:

--- Quote from: sumpnz on September 13, 2021, 04:28:48 PM ---Ever tried a heritage breed turkey?  Curious how you think they compare to wild.

--- End quote ---

Patty bought one a few years ago.  It was better than a Butterball (etc), but not much better and it cost twice as much for a smaller bird.  I was not impressed.  It was good, tho'.

zxcvbob:
I have a frozen turkey in the freezer that I bought last Thanksgiving to cook at Christmas and then didn't.  I need to thaw it out and make a huge pot of gumbo with the dark meat and roast the white meat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version