Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 118718 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2825 on: April 16, 2024, 03:03:07 PM »
Can we have Straight white male day?
Sorry, we're all booked up

Department of Education Weighs in on LGBTQ 'Day of (No) Silence' With Creepy Video
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/04/13/department-of-education-weighs-in-on-lgbtq-day-of-no-silence-n2395056
https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1778796763417297249

Imagine if heterosexuals made who they *expletive deleted*ck the one and only aspect of their personality and never shut the hell up about it
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2826 on: April 16, 2024, 03:11:43 PM »
Imagine if heterosexuals made who they *expletive deleted*ck the one and only aspect of their personality and never shut the hell up about it

You mean like 90% of the "entertainment" industry?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2827 on: April 16, 2024, 04:18:59 PM »
So living paycheck to paycheck isn't short sighted enough.  They have to push it even further.

The other day I read that there is some gen Z movement about spending money as soon as you get it on whatever dumbass stuff you want and not saving anything because the world will not be here for them in a few years (or after Trump gets back in - whichever). Twenty... heck, five years from now, they're gonna be having some major regrets.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2828 on: April 16, 2024, 04:28:10 PM »
Twenty... heck, five years from now, they're gonna be having some major regrets.
Yeah, but a few of them are going to die first, and they're going to make the rest look like suckers.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2829 on: April 16, 2024, 04:31:35 PM »
Pocahontas is pissed at Turbotax for charging people too much to do their taxes, especially when the IRS will do your taxes for you for free.

Somehow doesn't understand that people use tax prep software and tax preparers because of how complicated taxes are, and that nobody trusts the IRS to do their taxes for them.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/04/16/elizabeth-warren-mad-at-turbo-tax-n2395139

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2830 on: April 16, 2024, 04:51:07 PM »
Hey, when did John Cougar become a grumpy old man that dresses in old man coveralls? Let me tell you the story about Jack and Diane. Two American kids doing the best they can with TDS.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1780067456200941879

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/04/16/he-cherry-bomb-ed-john-mellencamp-storms-off-stage-when-fans-object-to-political-lectures-n2395135

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2831 on: April 16, 2024, 05:17:44 PM »
Hey, when did John Cougar become a grumpy old man that dresses in old man coveralls?

He's made it a point to lecture people about his politics for a while now but now that some are finally giving him some push back that's not what they paid for he can't handle it.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2832 on: April 16, 2024, 05:44:38 PM »
Pocahontas is pissed at Turbotax for charging people too much to do their taxes, especially when the IRS will do your taxes for you for free.

Somehow doesn't understand that people use tax prep software and tax preparers because of how complicated taxes are, and that nobody trusts the IRS to do their taxes for them.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/04/16/elizabeth-warren-mad-at-turbo-tax-n2395139

She's been extra cranky since they took her off the butter box.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2833 on: April 16, 2024, 05:52:12 PM »

I admit I had second thoughts when Intuit hit me up for $219 for TurboTax this year.  Seems like it's not the deal it used to be, even with complicated taxes.  I might shop around next year.

(It was 2230 14 Apr 24 when I saw that price, so they got me this year)

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2834 on: April 16, 2024, 05:56:33 PM »
I admit I had second thoughts when Intuit hit me up for $219 for TurboTax this year.  Seems like it's not the deal it used to be, even with complicated taxes.  I might shop around next year.

(It was 2230 14 Apr 24 when I saw that price, so they got me this year)

Am I missing something? TT deluxe, fed & state, is $55 on Amazon.

- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2835 on: April 16, 2024, 08:42:22 PM »
One of us is missing something.

I just logged into TT using the same account I have used for years.  Basic filing, no AI help, fed only no state: $219.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2836 on: April 16, 2024, 08:58:26 PM »
Dogmush gets his TurboTax from the same people that Perd gets his truck keys from.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2837 on: April 16, 2024, 09:16:55 PM »

I just logged into TT using the same account I have used for years.  Basic filing, no AI help, fed only no state: $219.

H&R Block was $39 for the both fed and state.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2838 on: April 16, 2024, 09:52:21 PM »
Got in early, mine was simple and free. Had to mail it myself. OH, THE HUMANITY!  ;)  :P
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2839 on: April 16, 2024, 09:56:16 PM »
Did my aunt's on Turdboat Tax, ~$75 with both State and Fed sent electronically. More complicated and the fees go up as the deadline approaches. She's a retired teacher and her deceased husband was a vet and had SS so there is that.

She has another one a year or two late I will do for her next...  =(
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2840 on: April 16, 2024, 09:57:20 PM »
Why do I have a MASSIVE headache and chest pain?
Come on Sumatriptan and Hydrocodone!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2841 on: April 17, 2024, 08:42:03 AM »

I bought it on Amazon for closer to $50 in January because I like to have the program on my computer.  Finally did my taxes this month.  This is the first year TT make me set up an account.  Usually I just had to upload last year's file and get started. 

The only upsell I have seen is at the tail end where they ask you if you want a manual review by a "tax professional" and some sort of audit protection.  I have always declined that.  It was just at the tail end prior to submittal and I never cared. 

I have heard the online version is free.  Does that try to upset you or play ads during the process?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2842 on: April 17, 2024, 09:09:11 AM »
I bought it on Amazon for closer to $50 in January because I like to have the program on my computer.  Finally did my taxes this month.  This is the first year TT make me set up an account.  Usually I just had to upload last year's file and get started. 

The only upsell I have seen is at the tail end where they ask you if you want a manual review by a "tax professional" and some sort of audit protection.  I have always declined that.  It was just at the tail end prior to submittal and I never cared. 

I have heard the online version is free.  Does that try to upset you or play ads during the process?

The online version is free until you try to file.  You need to pay them before it'll e-file.  I've never tried to get it to spit out a printed 1040 that I could mail in without paying, but that *might* be possible.  I also didn't think about fees going up as the 15th approches, but that makes sense.

Finally, on closer examination, I may have accidently opted into "Live help" and audit protection.  It looks like I could have gotten away with $129 if I had clicked the right radio button.  It defaults to the mid priced plan, and I thought I had clicked cheaper, but it looks like not.  That $90 is on me, I guess.  Live and learn (to click carefully).

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2843 on: April 17, 2024, 10:51:25 AM »
Just in case this was fake I looked it up and it's real.
Most of articles I found googling it basically go on to say you're a bigot if you have a problem with it. Most basically run wild with the "logic" that if there could have been black Vikings there must have been black Vikings thus Haakon Jarl must of have been a black woman.
This is right up there with people complaining there are no black samurai in Shogun

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2844 on: April 17, 2024, 11:01:02 AM »
I want to see the reaction if Brad Pitt was cast as Shaka Zulu or Tom Hanks as Obama
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2845 on: April 17, 2024, 11:19:47 AM »
I want to see the reaction if Brad Pitt was cast as Shaka Zulu or Tom Hanks as Obama

Black can be white, but white can NEVER be black.

You should know that by now, silly [insert gender fluid identity statement here].
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2846 on: April 17, 2024, 03:06:10 PM »
Remake the movie Zulu (about Roark's Drift) but with all the races reversed.  Have a bunch of white guys running around as native Zulu warriors.  Then hire black actors to play the British officers and soldiers (with proper British accents).  IMO, keep the script exactly the same.  I think that would be highly entertaining.   =D

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2847 on: April 17, 2024, 03:16:11 PM »
Remake the movie Zulu (about Roark's Drift) but with all the races reversed.  Have a bunch of white guys running around as native Zulu warriors.  Then hire black actors to play the British officers and soldiers (with proper British accents).  IMO, keep the script exactly the same.  I think that would be highly entertaining.   =D

Zulu 1964 tagline: Heroic black warriors defend their homeland from white invaders
Zulu 2024 tagline: White savages attack black soldiers attempting to bring civilization to a barbaric racist people
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2848 on: April 17, 2024, 11:23:43 PM »
I'd like to see a biographical movie made today about a Lithuanian-born talent who was one of the most highly regarded and highly paid actors of the 1920s - I'm speaking of course about the immortal Al Jolson.

Casting would be interesting (Maybe Justin Trudeau after he leaves office)* and I wonder how they'd write the screenplay now in 2024.

* - maybe too subtle?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain