Author Topic: Rittenhouse trial  (Read 52999 times)

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Rittenhouse trial
« Reply #800 on: December 07, 2021, 10:40:40 AM »
A bit more of Kyle's view (and the contrast between him and the culture warrior talking heads)
About 24 minutes into the podcast “You Are Here” on the right-wing network the Blaze on Monday night, co-host Sydney Watson told her guest, Kyle Rittenhouse, that it was “kind of impressive” that “of all the people that you shot at, you killed probably two of the worst on the planet.”
“Congratulations,” Watson said Monday to Rittenhouse. “Good job, you.”
Rittenhouse, 18, responded that the killings were “nothing to be congratulated about.”
“Like, if I could go back, I wish I would never have had to take somebody’s life,” he said.

“Well, hindsight being 20/20, probably not the best idea to go down there,” Rittenhouse said. “Can’t change that. But I defended myself and that’s what happened.”
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #801 on: December 07, 2021, 08:06:38 PM »
A bit more of Kyle's view (and the contrast between him and the culture warrior talking heads)

I have been a fan of Sydney Watson for quite some time, I think I started watching her yourube channel a yr/half ago
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #802 on: December 10, 2021, 04:35:27 PM »
I caught some of Senator Dole's funeral and noticed that Proud to Be an American was one of the songs that was performed or played (don't know which).

Guess Dole was one of those Trump insurrectionist scary people. sad
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #803 on: December 26, 2021, 09:47:19 AM »
Shooting at a restaurant Thursday night.
Local liberal bird cage liner article on the shooter kept bringing up Rittenhouse because the shooter mentioned Rittenhouse in a past facebook posting. Gee, wonder what they're trying to imply?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #804 on: December 26, 2021, 11:31:51 AM »
^  Got a link?

To Lefties, Rittenhouse was a negative affair, so they'll try to tie any shootie-bangie incident to Rittenhouse to generate another negative impact.

We ("Righties") forget that negative impacts, appropriate or not, add up to form your world view. (Same for positive impacts.)

See, that's how advertising propaganda works.  Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

Our compression socks are better than theirs.

Terry, 230RN
----------------------------------------

I'm constantly being reminded that Medicine is a business and Insurance inevitably drives the cost of services up.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 10:54:48 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #805 on: December 26, 2021, 11:46:13 AM »
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 12:17:55 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #806 on: January 01, 2022, 07:57:18 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

JN01

• friend
« Reply #807 on: January 02, 2022, 12:29:33 AM »
They probably have a bunch of community service projects that need to be done.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #808 on: January 02, 2022, 07:13:47 AM »
Wonder why it took so long

https://wtmj.com/news/2021/12/28/prosecutors-have-charged-60-plus-people-in-kenosha-protests-3/

With the coming midterms looking like a possible bloodbath for them perhaps the dems now want to give the appearance they're doing something. After the midterms the charges will be forgotten.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 08:07:44 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #809 on: January 02, 2022, 11:22:53 AM »
With the coming midterms looking like a possible bloodbath for them perhaps the dems now want to give the appearance they're doing something. After the midterms the charges will be forgotten.
Is Kamala Harris still trying to get them promptly bailed out? (If they're not running around on the loose already.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #810 on: January 05, 2022, 08:55:31 PM »
Rittenhouse for some reason is brough up in a book on ancient Egypt where he shot two black Men.  :O

Also note she capitalizes black but not white.

On p. 341 of THE GOOD KINGS I state that Kyle Rittenhouse shot two Black men when instead he shot two white men. That was my mistake, and I apologize. The response has been a hateful stew of ridicule and denial that America has a race problem at all.

— Kara Cooney (@KaraCooney) January 5, 2022

Professor subjected to ‘a hateful stew of ridicule’ for writing in her book that Kyle Rittenhouse shot two black men
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/01/05/professor-subjected-to-a-hateful-stew-of-ridicule-for-writing-in-her-book-that-kyle-rittenhouse-shot-two-black-men/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #811 on: January 05, 2022, 10:09:15 PM »
    On p. 341 of THE GOOD KINGS I state that Kyle Rittenhouse shot two Black men when instead he shot two white men. That was my mistake, and I apologize. The response has been a hateful stew of ridicule and denial that America has a race problem at all.

Anyone who capitalizes "Black" but does not capitalize "white" in reference to race has zero moral authority to be lecturing anyone about racism or equality.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• friend
« Reply #812 on: January 05, 2022, 10:49:15 PM »
Anyone who capitalizes "Black" but does not capitalize "white" in reference to race has zero moral authority to be lecturing anyone about racism or equality.

Agreed.  But you're forgetting one significant fact.

They don't care about truth.  The only thing they care about is the number of psychological "impacts" they make, truthful or not, logical or not. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 11:01:43 PM by 230RN »

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #813 on: January 05, 2022, 10:54:19 PM »
Agreed.  But you're forgetting one significant fact.

They don't care about truth.  The only thing they care about is the number of psychological "impacts" they make, truthful or not.

Isn't that the same edicts of propaganda?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #814 on: January 05, 2022, 11:09:03 PM »

There's yet another error - Kyle shot THREE White men, not two Black men.

One of Kyle's assailants - shot in the arm - survived.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• friend
« Reply #815 on: January 06, 2022, 02:30:24 PM »
Isn't that the same edicts of propaganda?

No, no,  no.  Nobody can get away with using propaganda techniques in the US.  We're much too smart to fall for that.

That was just the repetition of facts in quotes.  As in "facts."

Propaganda can't happen here.  No way.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #816 on: January 06, 2022, 02:36:52 PM »

No, no,  no.  Nobody can get away with using propaganda techniques in the US.  We're much too smart to fall for that.

That's just repetition of facts in quotes.  As in "facts."

Propaganda can't happen here.  No way.
I am not sure about that one.  Can you cite a link for that?   ???

:laugh: :rofl:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• friend
« Reply #817 on: January 06, 2022, 03:02:40 PM »
I am not sure about that one.  Can you cite a link for that?   ???

:laugh: :rofl:

Why? What for?

:emoticon for vapid innocence: 

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 03:28:40 PM by 230RN »

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #818 on: January 08, 2022, 08:52:50 PM »
The guy who bought the rifle for Rittenhouse takes a plea deal:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2022/01/08/under-plea-deal-felonies-dropped-against-rittenhouse-gun-buyer/9133259002/

Kyle Rittenhouse's friend, who bought him an assault-style rifle when he was only 17, has agreed to plead no contest to contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a non-criminal citation, and avoid convictions on the two felonies he'd been facing.

The left is, as usual, apoplectic over this blatant display of white supremacy . . . or something.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #819 on: January 08, 2022, 10:37:01 PM »
What I strongly dislike about plea deals is someone like Dominick Black winds having to accept even a non-criminal citation when he should have simply had all charges dismissed.  But a persecutor that’s desperate for a notch in their belt uses the infinite resources of the state to make it so painful to fight for your rights and defend yourself that it’s less bad to take the plea deal than it is to win in court.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #820 on: January 13, 2022, 03:15:02 PM »
In Which I Single-handedly Shape the Media Narrative...

I read this article, and noticed they spoke of "the Kyle Rittenhouse case and other recent incidents of violence against African Americans."

https://news.stlpublicradio.org/health-science-environment/2022-01-04/a-black-gun-enthusiast-is-on-a-lonely-mission-to-stop-missouris-suicide-crisis

So I emailed a comment to them, and an hour or two later, it's been changed.

So, don't mind me. Just sitting here, quietly controlling the information you receive, to suit my agenda. [sinister laughter]

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #821 on: January 13, 2022, 05:15:39 PM »
Good on you for speaking up, Perd.  You did the right thing.  However, it wasn't much of a change, being rather subtle.  And in a lot of peoples' minds after reading that, Rittenhouse will have still killed African Americans.  I think their change in the wording was deliberately designed to maintain that linkage, and yet give them an out if they are called on it again.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #822 on: January 13, 2022, 07:38:01 PM »
Good on you for speaking up, Perd.  You did the right thing.  However, it wasn't much of a change, being rather subtle.  And in a lot of peoples' minds after reading that, Rittenhouse will have still killed African Americans.  I think their change in the wording was deliberately designed to maintain that linkage, and yet give them an out if they are called on it again.

No sir, I assure you what I've done is a game-changer, forever altering the way Americans will view race relations for centuries. Everyone has now seen the light on Kyle Rittenhouse, thanks to me. You're welcome.  =)

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #823 on: March 12, 2022, 10:24:23 AM »
Before I even clicked on the link the question of whether or not they included the red dot which was absent during the trial went went through my head.

In a matter of about three minutes, the gun was unboxed, identified, and dumped into the shredder.  They even destroyed the Sight-Mark optic and the Magpul PMag used by Rittenhouse.

Watch As Kyle Rittenhouse’s Rifle Is Destroyed [VIDEO]
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/watch-as-kyle-rittenhouses-rifle-is-destroyed-video/

A few months after his acquittal, his spokesman said Rittenhouse wanted the gun destroyed and thrown away so no one could use it for publicity or to “celebrate” what Rittenhouse did. Schroeder, Rittenhouse’s attorneys and Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger, agreed the state would destroy the weapon.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #824 on: May 04, 2022, 04:17:39 PM »
Heads are exploding :rofl:

Andy Ngô 🏳️‍🌈
@MrAndyNgo
There's some new Kyle Rittenhouse-inspired video game on Steam called "Acquitted" where you fight zombie rioters.

In 2020, there was a game released on Steam & Nintendo Switch called "Tonight We Riot" in which players controlled rioters who try to kill police & capitalists.
https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1521232598336516096

The Quartering

Kyle Rittenhouse Video Game Makes Leftists Go INSANE! (It's Actually Awesome)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNHmv9lZ2tI

New Kyle Rittenhouse-Inspired Shoot ‘Em Up Game, Acquitted, Releasing May 2nd on Steam
https://offensively-patriotic.com/2022/04/27/new-kyle-rittenhouse-inspired-shoot-em-up-game-acquitted-releasing-may-2nd-on-steam/
- Calvin and Hobbes