Author Topic: Only happens in America  (Read 1616 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Only happens in America
« on: September 20, 2021, 03:27:17 PM »
Or not.
Guy opens fire at Russia University, at least 28 wounded, 8 dead.

At Least 8 Dead, 28 Wounded in Russian University Shooting
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/at-least-8-dead-28-wounded-in-russian-university-shooting/

Russia shooting: Gunman kills six at Perm University
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58623160

And earlier this year

Russia school shooting: Children and teacher killed in Kazan
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57069589

Sounds like Russia has an NRA problem
Remember folks, this stuff only happens in America
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Re: Only happens in America
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 06:32:51 PM »
At least 13 shot in Hamburg
6 dead

Hamburg NY? No Hamburg Germany

Six dead in shooting at Hamburg Jehovah’s Witness center: local media
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/09/europe/hamburg-germany-shooting-intl/index.html

Several killed in church shooting in Hamburg Germany
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64910415
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 07:40:17 PM »
NRA at fault, obviously.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 08:07:35 PM »
Don't forget to blame Trump.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 08:08:43 PM »
And the "gun lobby." And Smith & Wesson.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 06:57:59 AM »
If only Mastercard, Visa, and Discover had tracked those gunstore purchases! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE JEHOVA WITNESSES?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 10:29:44 AM »
Updated to 7 dead plus the shooter. 8 injured, 4 seriously.
Note the 7 dead includes an unborn baby (Thought they were just a mass of cells) The mother survived.
Anyhow...
Appears suspect shot himself and was a former member

'Philipp F. was a former member' of the Jehovah's Witnesses, a senior police official told the press conference, adding that the attacker left the community about 18 months ago 'but apparently not on good terms'.

The suspect - described as 35-year-old "sports shooter" who had a gun licence - had fled to the first floor. His "lifeless body" was found shortly afterwards.

He had managed to shoot nine magazines of ammunition, and 20 more were found in his backpack.

HK P30

Hamburg police chief Ralf Martin Meyer said the suspected shooter had a weapons license and had legally owned a semi-automatic handgun since December, and that he shot nine magazines of ammunition during the attack.

Each magazine of the Heckler & Koch Pistole P30 handgun could hold 15 bullets, which suggests he could have shot as many as 135 rounds.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11843851/Germany-shooting-Former-Jehovahs-Witness-named-Bible-study-massacre-gunman.html

- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2023, 10:32:55 AM »
This crap always happens when and where no one is able to shoot back.

I learned something way back, early on in the development of my awareness. I'll share it here: "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." Those who abide the law are then set up to be victims - not only by the unlawful, but by the law and those who create the law.

One must look beyond the law enforcers to those who create the law. It all starts with the law.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2023, 11:01:06 AM »
They're only an unborn baby when it's politically expedient that they be called such.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2023, 11:47:45 AM »

I learned something way back, early on in the development of my awareness. I'll share it here: "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." Those who abide the law are then set up to be victims - not only by the unlawful, but by the law and those who create the law.

One must look beyond the law enforcers to those who create the law. It all starts with the law.

Woody

Not a new concept at all of course.

https://patch.com/connecticut/bethel/bp--cesare-beccaria-and-gun-control-laws-from-1764

“False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that it has no remedy for evils, except destruction.

The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are of such a nature.

Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

~Cesare Beccaria  1764
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2023, 12:23:48 PM »
Philipp F. was a former member' of the Jehovah's Witnesses, a senior police official told the press conference, adding that the attacker left the community about 18 months ago 'but apparently not on good terms'.

apparently

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2023, 01:44:33 PM »
German gun laws are too lax

Fury in Germany as Hamburg shooting brings ‘lax’ gun laws into focus
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/11/fury-in-germany-as-hamburg-shooting-brings-lax-gun-laws-into-focus
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 02:00:46 PM »
Virginia's idiot of a Senator, Mark Warner, who was pretty friendly to gun owners when he was governor, just came out screeching and crying that we need to ban assault weapons NOW!

FOR THE CHILLRUNS! WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILLRUNS?

ahole.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 02:55:33 PM »
German gun laws are too lax

Fury in Germany as Hamburg shooting brings ‘lax’ gun laws into focus
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/11/fury-in-germany-as-hamburg-shooting-brings-lax-gun-laws-into-focus
The title says "Fury", but the only people they interview are politicians.  Something tells me the fury (or glee) is only among gun control proponents and no one asked normal citizens. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 03:02:26 PM »

Woody

At a large "street fair" in St. Louis several years ago, I got a graphic "T" that had a similar quote.  The difference was "When Freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free."
That is already true in that "criminals" are already "free" of the law's constraints as they don't obey laws anyway.
That's something the "Left" either doesn't realize or (more likely) that they choose to ignore.
  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2023, 03:15:11 PM »
Virginia's idiot of a Senator, Mark Warner, who was pretty friendly to gun owners when he was governor, just came out screeching and crying that we need to ban assault weapons NOW!

FOR THE CHILLRUNS! WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILLRUNS?

ahole.

Virginia's political system of heritage dems in rural areas, term limit for governor, closely divided legislature, and balanced budget requirement does a good job of hiding leftist loons who use their centrist appearance as governor to vault into national politics before revealing the crazy.

Having chatted with a few international IPSC competitors I never got the idea German gun law was real lax. But of course they and Virginia won't be happy until there are background checks for steak knives.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2023, 04:59:20 PM »
German gun laws are not lax at all.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2023, 06:56:43 AM »
Oppressive would be the term...
Blog under construction

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2023, 12:28:17 PM »
Total prohibition on civilian ownership would be almost good enough for them.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2023, 12:29:50 PM »
German gun laws are not lax at all.

If the law allows anyone who own a firearm, it is too lax (according to the usual suspects).
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2023, 03:37:17 PM »

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2023, 05:09:43 PM »
Updated to 7 dead plus the shooter. 8 injured, 4 seriously.
Note the 7 dead includes an unborn baby (Thought they were just a mass of cells) The mother survived.
Anyhow...
Appears suspect shot himself and was a former member

HK P30
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11843851/Germany-shooting-Former-Jehovahs-Witness-named-Bible-study-massacre-gunman.html

One of the very odd things about the pro-abortion viewpoint is that the legal status of unborn persons depends purely on the whim of the mother. Not science, religion, philosophy, legal theories, or anything like that.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2023, 05:29:51 PM »

One of the very odd things about the pro-abortion viewpoint is that the legal status of unborn persons depends purely on the whim of the mother. Not science, religion, philosophy, legal theories, or anything like that.

What does the mass of cells identify as?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2023, 06:13:10 PM »

Some years ago when my wife was pregnant, I looked at the "What to Expect When You are Expecting" book.

It was all baby this and baby that... until the short section on abortion, when the word "baby" vanished, and other terms were substituted.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2023, 06:15:37 PM »
Some years ago when my wife was pregnant, I looked at the "What to Expect When You are Expecting" book.

It was all baby this and baby that... until the short section on abortion, when the word "baby" vanished, and other terms were substituted.

How convenient
- Calvin and Hobbes