Author Topic: The Coward of Broward  (Read 976 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
The Coward of Broward
« on: October 07, 2021, 01:01:05 PM »
Scott Peterson is on trial for child negligence.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/20/cop-who-hid-during-parkland-school-shooting-to-go-on-trial-for-neglect/

I think it's disgusting that he is allowed to wear a mask with an American flag on it. IMHO it's a blatant attempt to influence jurors, and I hope it backfires massively.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The Coward of Broward
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 05:38:18 PM »
Update

Jury selection in the groundbreaking trial of a former sheriff’s deputy charged with failing to confront the killer of 14 students and three staff members at a Florida high school five years ago got off to a speedy start Wednesday, with the preliminary round nearing its conclusion in just a few hours.

Jury Selection Under Way in the Trial of ‘Broward Coward’ Scot Peterson for Inaction During the Parkland School Shooting
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/jury-selection-under-way-in-the-trial-of-broward-coward-scot-peterson-for-inaction-during-the-parkland-school-shooting/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 03:53:25 PM »
Didn't his department or local police union hide him behind Qualified Immunity at first?  IIRC, the Sheriff actually wanted to fire him or something like that, right?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 04:08:10 PM »
Found Not Guilty

Parkland deputy who stayed outside school and then fled to safety during 2018 massacre that left 14 students and three teachers dead breaks down in tears as he is found NOT GUILTY of neglect
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12248489/Parkland-deputy-FLED-safety-massacre-breaks-court-not-guilty.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2023, 04:14:37 PM »
Man... it's good to be a cop.  Don't have to know the laws you're enforcing, aren't accountable for innocent bystanders shot, carte blanche to shoot random dogs, don't have to respond to mass murders in action, keep your $100k+ pension after all that.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2023, 05:46:47 PM »
Man... it's good to be a cop.  Don't have to know the laws you're enforcing, aren't accountable for innocent bystanders shot, carte blanche to shoot random dogs, don't have to respond to mass murders in action, keep your $100k+ pension after all that.

It appears more and more that "qualified immunity" really means UNqualified -- and unlimited -- immunity.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2023, 05:54:52 PM »
Found Not Guilty

Parkland deputy who stayed outside school and then fled to safety during 2018 massacre that left 14 students and three teachers dead breaks down in tears as he is found NOT GUILTY of neglect
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12248489/Parkland-deputy-FLED-safety-massacre-breaks-court-not-guilty.html

I'm not surprised.  Law enforcement has never been required to respond to calls for help.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2023, 06:44:38 PM »
The sad thing is, it was a jury that gave him a pass.

Effectively, they said "The police WE THE PEOPLE hire to protect us and our children have NO obligation to do so."

=(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2023, 07:50:02 PM »
Guess I need a powerball ticket. When we win rent a few of those billboard trucks and troll his neighborhood 24/7 with the coward of broward and pics of dead kids. Put signs in his lawn, announce his presence in any store or event. Stop when he kills himself.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2023, 09:13:07 AM »
Post deleted.  Misunderstood thread.  See Hawkmoon below.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 09:22:39 PM by 230RN »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2023, 08:40:24 PM »
Am I wrong?  A Grand Jury doesn't determine guilt or innocence.  It only decides whether a trial is feasible or not for any number of reasons.  Apparently there was not enough evidence that a charged law was broken.

The Grand Jury system affords a certain degree of protection for both me and thee from dog-pack mob behavior.  Could "the Coward of Broward" (egad!) have broken the charged laws? 

Apparently not.

? ??? ?

Peterson was tried in criminal court after having been formally charged. This wasn't a grand jury proceeding, this was a criminal trial in front of a petit jury.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2023, 08:52:56 PM »
Hell has frozen over! things are so bad now that I agree with David Hogg!

Hogg shared a Washington Post article reporting that Peterson had been acquitted. “Remember even when there ARE cops on campus doesn’t mean they will do a damn thing and when they don’t the system does NOTHING,” he wrote. “The cop in Parkland like those in Uvalde wasn’t a good guy with a gun he was a coward with a gun.”

https://hollywoodlife.com/2023/06/29/parkland-kids-react-resource-officer-verdict/
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2023, 08:40:40 PM »
Looks like someone needs to spell it out for you guys.

The police are not and never have been required to respond to an emergency.  SCOTUS has ruled on that several times.  And I know that you guys currently love SCOTUS, so you won't bitch about their rulings.

I don't like the Coward of Broward any more than you, and I think he should be fired and segregated from normal life, along with the Uvalde police department.  BUT that is not how the law is interpreted right now.  Those cops had no legal requirement to do anything.  So, while morally reprehensible , their actions are legal.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2023, 09:10:10 PM »

The police are not and never have been required to respond to an emergency.  SCOTUS has ruled on that several times.  And I know that you guys currently love SCOTUS, so you won't bitch about their rulings.

I don't like the Coward of Broward any more than you, and I think he should be fired and segregated from normal life, along with the Uvalde police department.  BUT that is not how the law is interpreted right now.  Those cops had no legal requirement to do anything.  So, while morally reprehensible , their actions are legal.

Oh, I am reasonably sure we all knew that-it is just infuriating that the scoundrel and parasitic leech gets his pension
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2023, 10:22:49 PM »
Oh, I am reasonably sure we all knew that-it is just infuriating that the scoundrel and parasitic leech gets his pension

Really?  Go back and read the responses.

AZRedhawk, Hawkmoon, HankB, French G, and even you, Gunsmith.

You are all surprised and upset that this cop was found not guilty. 

I'll say it again for those in the back wo didn't hear it the first time.

COPS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO EMERGENCIES.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2023, 12:16:51 AM »

Respectfully, I think you are extrapolating a bit.

The ruling was that the police don't owe the general populace a duty to ensure safety, absent a special relationship. And it wasn't SCOTUS, it was the DC Court of Appeals. Warren v. District of Columbia. What that means is the fact that Mayberry has Sheriff Andy and Deputy Barney on duty doesn't guarantee that you won't ever be attacked or held up.

But the coward of Broward was in a special relationship to the students. He was paid specifically to be there, on their campus, to protect them. Not only that, he DID respond -- whereupon he did ... nothing. I don't think the decision regarding their general duty to protect in any way applies