Author Topic: 13C Gun Reviews - Ran for County Commissioner  (Read 360 times)

MechAg94

• friend
13C Gun Reviews - Ran for County Commissioner
« on: October 12, 2021, 04:51:42 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaBjnlChg2Q

I listened to this yesterday and I think some of you might enjoy it.  13C Gun Reviews used to have pretty regular Youtube content.  He slowed down last year as he decided to run for office as a local county commissioner.  He won and took office in January. 

The interesting part to me was uncovering and trying to fix some of the corruption and foolish stuff he sees in his local county.  He reflected on all the stuff he has had to go through in opposing the corruption machine in his county and he can't imagine what someone like President Trump would face when he had the entire federal bureaucracy fighting him. 

It was an interesting listen if you have the time.  IMO, it highlights the importance of getting more normal people to run for local offices. 

Note:  The interview doesn't really get started until about 10 minutes in.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: 13C Gun Reviews - Ran for County Commissioner
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 07:35:39 PM »
Your local government, and this goes for everybody, is absolutely rife with corruption of both elected members and hired staff especially department head and above. Plus they make the federal government look like pikers in the hungry for power department and they get away with lots of abuse because there is no oversight and outside of the area most will never hear about it.

The county I live in just disbanded all rescue squads, fired all county EMS employees, and hired a private ambulance service to provide the county EMS response. The founder of the company is the country coroner. No chance to oppose it before it passed.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!