Author Topic: New insurrection  (Read 844 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
New insurrection
« on: October 17, 2021, 09:20:24 AM »
Some water protectors ( not sure if that reminds me of waterboy or Pauly  Shore in the army...) storm the interior department, police officers injured including a hospital visit. MSN description is a sit in. No word if Biden visits the heroic stunning and brave officers injured. Not gotten much news attention. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/protesters-arrested-after-sit-in-at-interior-department/ar-AAPzBRL
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: New insurrection
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 11:18:58 AM »
They're also making sure we know that "indigenous" people were involved. White rage bad. Red rage good.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 06:56:02 PM »
Hadn't heard a word about it until reading this thread.

Wonder why that is?  /rhetorical

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 07:16:49 PM »
Well...

GC
@GNCordova
Extremism on the right is being a literal Nazi and extremism on the left is wanting to stop criminalizing poverty and hold police accountable/drastically reduce their huge budgets to support community programs and tax corporations to improve the quality of life of the masses.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/10/18/blue-check-explains-how-extremism-on-the-right-is-being-a-literal-nazi-while-leftist-extremists-just-want-to-improve-quality-of-life/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 11:51:15 PM »
Burning down cities and looting shops improves quality of life?  Who knew?

You'd be surprised at how much a new 60-inch flat-screen TV improves the quality of welfare living.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 08:07:00 AM »
Apparently Lightfoot is counting on the cops in surrounding suburbs to show up in Chicago and fill in the gaps. I'm wondering if even the very liberal suburbs will help her out?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/10/18/police-in-chicago-suburbs-reportedly-being-asked-to-help-in-the-city-if-mayor-lightfoots-vaccine-mandate-threat-backfires/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 08:36:46 AM »
Apparently Lightfoot is counting on the cops in surrounding suburbs to show up in Chicago and fill in the gaps. I'm wondering if even the very liberal suburbs will help her out?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/10/18/police-in-chicago-suburbs-reportedly-being-asked-to-help-in-the-city-if-mayor-lightfoots-vaccine-mandate-threat-backfires/
I would say no.  I don't know what they would say.

Also, are all those cops vaccinated? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 09:55:01 AM »
Apparently Lightfoot is counting on the cops in surrounding suburbs to show up in Chicago and fill in the gaps. I'm wondering if even the very liberal suburbs will help her out? . . .

Is she REALLY that clueless and ignorant, not to mention just plain stupid?  :facepalm:

Even back when I lived there, Chicago tried to extend it's reach into the suburbs for things like sales and gasoline taxes - it didn't work then, and getting suburban cops to come in and help her deal with a POLITICAL emergency isn't going to work now. Especially when the suburban cops know they'd be "thrown under the bus" if they became involved in ANYTHING that could vaguely be characterized as having "racial overtones."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2021, 02:06:08 PM »
I would say no.  I don't know what they would say.

How about HELL NO!

Police agencies from around Illinois are being asked to pick up the slack after thousands of Chicago police officers didn’t report their vaccinations status before a city deadline, but some are declining to offer help.

The Kane County Sheriff and the DuPage County Sheriff send they wouldn’t be sending officers to Chicago.

The city required employees to be either vaccinated or to get tested two times a week by October 15, and then report their status by that same deadline. Those who did not report their status risk being put on unpaid leave.

Illinois Police Departments Refuse to Provide Help for Chicago as Vaccine Mandate
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/illinois-police-departments-refuse-to-provide-help-for-chicago-as-vaccine-mandate/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes