Author Topic: We want it fixed... but not by straight white males.  (Read 2086 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
We want it fixed... but not by straight white males.
« on: October 19, 2021, 12:23:55 PM »
Oberlin College hires crew to replace radiators. Snowflake has a meltdown because the work crews are straight males.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oberlin-college-student-angry-cisgender-work-crew-radiators-safe-space

If it were my building, I would honor their request to the letter. I would pull the crews immediately, leaving the work unfinished. Then, when it's the dead of winter and the snowflakes are freezing for real, I would continue to honor their wishes. Let them find out the hard way that gender identity doesn't mean squat when you're living in a freezer.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: We want it fixed... but not by straight white males.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 12:32:34 PM »
ManHumankind is doomed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 12:50:13 PM »
This already popped up in the "world has gone mad" thread, but I'll just (re)post my response here too:

Uh oh - they think the installers MIGHT be cisgendered men? Without even meeting the workers, aren't they applying racist/genderist stereotypes to other people based on the work they do? This is an odious mindset, and calls for mandatory remedial diversity & inclusion training.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 01:00:21 PM »
I suspect it's illegal to let them freeze.  The useless have spent a lot of effort making sure society has to allow them to be useless.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 01:08:54 PM »
I suspect it's illegal to let them freeze. 

I'm sure you're correct, which makes it somewhat infuriating. Legally you can't just let them live with their decision, but you can't send a "cis" in to their domicile to fix the problem? So then what? Do they have to round of some homos or trannys and give them a quick course in plumbing and heating?

My guess is that these are just entitled aholes craving attention, and possibly some monetary or other compensation. I'm betting they are actually fine with a cis servant class person doing the dirty blue collar work.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 01:37:04 PM »
In the heating and cooling classes I teach, the students appear to be predominantly straight males.  I don't ask, of course, but that's the general impression I get.  I did once have a openly gay student (who readily volunteered that information).   And a few ladies over the years.  Eh?  Doesn't make a lick of difference, they're all here to learn the same thing.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 01:44:17 PM »
In the heating and cooling classes I teach, the students appear to be predominantly straight males.  I don't ask, of course, but that's the general impression I get.  I did once have a openly gay student (who readily volunteered that information).   And a few ladies over the years.  Eh?  Doesn't make a lick of difference, they're all here to learn the same thing.

If someone wants to learn a useful skill, I don't care who they are, go for it and good on ya. If someone insists they will only allow a tradesman of "X" color, gender, religion or whatever do the job for them, they don't get to whine if they can't match those characteristics with available skilled people.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 02:21:10 PM »
If someone wants to learn a useful skill, I don't care who they are, go for it and good on ya. If someone insists they will only allow a tradesman of "X" color, gender, religion or whatever do the job for them, they don't get to whine if they can't match those characteristics with available skilled people.

You're not getting it.

Whining is the new dynamic to replace supply/demand curves for market forces.  Enough whining and it becomes mandatory for trade schools and apprenticeship gigs to implement racial/trans/whatever quotas on student bodies and apprentices.  Doesn't matter if the trans/whatever demographic reflects the "FB fact checkers at a fire alarm" meme and have no professional interest in the trades or no aptitude, just means it's a way to be nasty to the cis population.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 03:02:19 PM »
I suspect it's illegal to let them freeze.  The useless have spent a lot of effort making sure society has to allow them to be useless.

Until the working world goes all John Galt on them.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2021, 03:18:42 PM »
But they wouldn't be letting them freeze - these idiots will be choosing to freeze by turning away the tradesmenpeople sent to repair things.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2021, 03:19:18 PM »
It is going to be a terrible shock to their system when they leave the college womb and discover just how many cis people there are in the world that they will have to interact with.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 03:22:25 PM »
It is going to be a terrible shock to their system when they leave the college womb and discover just how many cis people there are in the world that they will have to interact with.

I used to think that, but the last decade or so have proven that these folks can leave college and still not interact with normal people.  They go get online journalism jobs, or work remotely for some tech company.  There never actually seems to be a smack in the face "wake up" moment.  They just go from whining in their school newspaper, to whining to their Twitter friends.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 03:31:58 PM »
Isn’t it some kinda terrible privilege anyway to expect heat and other hotel services when so many of our indigenous sisters have to do without? Do better purple haired non gender thing.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 03:40:28 PM »
I used to think that, but the last decade or so have proven that these folks can leave college and still not interact with normal people.  They go get online journalism jobs, or work remotely for some tech company.  There never actually seems to be a smack in the face "wake up" moment.  They just go from whining in their school newspaper, to whining to their Twitter friends.

I actually think this has become extremely detrimental to society, because it seems that Google, Twitter, Amazon, and the other big tech people are hiring a much higher percentage of these people than other businesses, and they suddenly end up with the power to censor and curate. Before big tech, I think they were mostly in academia, so it didn't really affect people day to day the way them having the power of big tech does.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 05:47:23 PM »
How is a complaint from one nutter ending up as national news?  I think that's more telling than the story itself.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2021, 06:48:16 PM »
How is a complaint from one nutter ending up as national news?  I think that's more telling than the story itself.

Same as my theory for why I hated the flagpole military. All kinds of BS because we have it so good. Toss in a little kinetic energy and the whiners and shirkers find something else to do somewhere else.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2021, 07:30:58 PM »
This coddling and fomenting of mental illness can lead no where good. That's actually what they are doing at these "institutions", all in the name of diversity and what nonsense.

It's kind of like purposely creating an environment around a schizophrenic person in order to induce psychotic episodes. Like teaching them that their medication is actually poison, and that the voices they hear are right and should be acted upon. There has to be something criminal in doing that.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2021, 08:49:34 PM »
I'm sure you're correct, which makes it somewhat infuriating. Legally you can't just let them live with their decision, but you can't send a "cis" in to their domicile to fix the problem? So then what? Do they have to round of some homos or trannys and give them a quick course in plumbing and heating?

My guess is that these are just entitled aholes craving attention, and possibly some monetary or other compensation. I'm betting they are actually fine with a cis servant class person doing the dirty blue collar work.

More to the point, the university probably hired an outside mechanical contracting company to perform a building-wide refit. Good luck finding an outside contractor in any specialty who can assign a crew comprised entirely of LBGQT personnel.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2021, 11:05:18 PM »

I'm not "cis," I'm a man, but it's becoming a shock to our systems to learn that the sexually disordered and proud of it have various rights that never existed before, while our rights diminish.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2021, 11:15:55 PM »
More to the point, the university probably hired an outside mechanical contracting company to perform a building-wide refit. Good luck finding an outside contractor in any specialty who can assign a crew comprised entirely of LBGQT personnel.
Politically, they will just push for LBGOT owned businesses so someone can get the contract, take 5%, and sub it to the same people who did it before.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2021, 11:17:15 PM »
Since that school has been in the news lately for protests and losing lawsuits and other stuff, I assume they were being watched.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2021, 08:27:44 AM »
This coddling and fomenting of mental illness can lead no where good. That's actually what they are doing at these "institutions", all in the name of diversity and what nonsense.

It's kind of like purposely creating an environment around a schizophrenic person in order to induce psychotic episodes. Like teaching them that their medication is actually poison, and that the voices they hear are right and should be acted upon. There has to be something criminal in doing that.

I agree.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2021, 10:20:04 AM »
"Good luck finding an outside contractor in any specialty who can assign a crew comprised entirely of LBGQT personnel."

Silly man, the entire heating/cooling/steamfitting industry has been LBGQT for decades, now......
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2021, 10:28:41 AM »

Bake Eat the cake
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2021, 10:56:53 AM »
How is a complaint from one nutter ending up as national news? 

Although most people can't or won't admit it, part of them likes seeing this kind of stuff in their newsfeed. They seek it out (see twitchy).
Nutpicking and ragebait get clicks and clicks = $$$. People are addicted to finding things to get worked up about and the media know it.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.