Author Topic: Alec Baldwin Firearm Accident  (Read 42483 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Alec Baldwin Firearm Accident
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2021, 10:37:03 AM »

The "classic" answer to that is, "Sure, how many do you need?"
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2021, 10:45:08 AM »
The "classic" answer to that is, "Sure, how many do you need?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMbJr4RSSAY
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #227 on: October 30, 2021, 10:28:16 AM »

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #228 on: October 30, 2021, 09:14:15 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #229 on: October 30, 2021, 09:25:04 PM »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #230 on: October 30, 2021, 10:21:09 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #231 on: October 30, 2021, 10:23:09 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #232 on: October 30, 2021, 10:37:59 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #233 on: October 31, 2021, 11:45:29 AM »
Now they're talking about Alec maybe developing PTSD. I could see that happening.

Hilaria Baldwin fears Alec will develop PTSD after tragic shooting of Halyna Hutchins
https://nypost.com/2021/10/30/hilaria-baldwin-fears-alec-will-develop-ptsd-after-halyna-hutchins-shooting/
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #234 on: October 31, 2021, 12:22:48 PM »
Now they're talking about Alec maybe developing PTSD. I could see that happening.

Hilaria Baldwin fears Alec will develop PTSD after tragic shooting of Halyna Hutchins
https://nypost.com/2021/10/30/hilaria-baldwin-fears-alec-will-develop-ptsd-after-halyna-hutchins-shooting/

If he wasn’t such an awful person whose stated goal is the enslavement of anyone to the right of Mao I might be able to muster some sympathy.  For him though, IDGAF.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #235 on: October 31, 2021, 12:43:43 PM »

Just adds to the preexisting shock of finding out she was not Spanish.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #236 on: October 31, 2021, 01:22:26 PM »

Of course he is. Anything and everything to make him the true victim in this incident. Just normal Hollywood celebrity procedure.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2021, 03:34:35 PM »
Boomhauer has this in his signature line:

"
Quote from: Ben
'Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...'
"

How apt to this thread.

Just letting you know in case you have the Signature line function turned off.

Terry, 230RN

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #238 on: October 31, 2021, 03:54:58 PM »
Of course he is. Anything and everything to make him the true victim in this incident. Just normal Hollywood celebrity procedure.

This.  So much this.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #239 on: October 31, 2021, 04:38:01 PM »

Was anyone else reminded of this guy?
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #241 on: October 31, 2021, 05:21:57 PM »
What's the comparison?

The claims of PTSD.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2021, 05:27:53 PM »
The armorer on "Rust" film is finally speaking out in her defense through her lawyers.  She is claiming her requests to improve safety on the set were overruled by producers and her bosses.
https://www.oann.com/armorer-on-rust-film-set-says-producers-overruled-her-safety-requests/
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #243 on: October 31, 2021, 06:34:34 PM »
The armorer on "Rust" film is finally speaking out in her defense through her lawyers.  She is claiming her requests to improve safety on the set were overruled by producers and her bosses.
https://www.oann.com/armorer-on-rust-film-set-says-producers-overruled-her-safety-requests/

I trust she has at least some of this in writing.  There's nothing like keeping a "Pearl Harbor File."  Or having witnesses to the objections.

I still, personally, lay 99 point four more nines percent of the blame on the party who cocked the gun, allowed it to be pointed at a person, and pulled the trigger.

I suspect that ammunition can actually tiptoe around, hiding in small dark places, until it finds a suitable chamber to slip into and rest until awakened.

And I've often said you never point a gun anywhere you can't fix the hole.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 06:53:39 PM by 230RN »

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2021, 06:56:49 PM »

And I've often said you never point a gun anywhere you can't fix the hole.

Terry, 230RN

Priceless.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #245 on: October 31, 2021, 07:02:23 PM »
Everything else has been beaten to death by now so my mind just naturally wanders. I have been trying to figure out the positioning of the  people and how the bullet managed a thoracic pass through and then struck the next person in the shoulder high enough to hit the clavicle (?) or at least end up in the shoulder. I guess AB could have been on the ground but that doesn't make sense. She could also be much taller than the dwarf (?) they hired as director. ;)

So now we can have more discussion. :)

Maybe we will get a diagram someday.

bob

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #246 on: October 31, 2021, 08:06:47 PM »
Some cameras have seats that position the operator so that as the camera raises or lowers depending on the needs for the filming of the scene the operator moves with the camera instead of standing on the ground and manipulating it from there. Thus they are often elevated relative to the actors. And they have footrests or some place to stand.

So if Baldwin was standing normally on the ground and the the decedent was in the seat and the other victim was behind her standing on the footrest looking over her shoulder at the shot composition through the lens of the camera they would have been at an upward angle to Baldwin's position. And their bodies would have been close together, maybe even touching chest-to-back, directly in line with each other thus increasing the chance of a pass-through.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2021, 09:46:15 PM »
As to how the trigger was pulled, we know from his history that Baldwin is not a careful person.

He has showed a lack of discipline and forethought in his life numerous times.

We also know that his past includes heavy alcohol and drug use and while he might have been sober at the time of the shooting it's possible that his use long-term use of drugs and alcohol lessened his motor control or caused spasms. 

It is easy to imagine that he was having a conversation with the victims and, as people do, he was gesticulating to emphasize points he was making. Unfortunately he was holding a gun that was able to launch something, somehow out of the muzzle.

So as he is waving his hands about, and maybe even using the gun to point directly at the victims, he carelessly put his finger on the trigger and his lack of motor control or a spasm caused him to pull the trigger.

This seems more plausible to me than him deliberately pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger on purpose.

He's still responsible, of course.  Both as the person who did the shooting and as a producer.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2021, 09:58:14 PM »
Everything else has been beaten to death by now so my mind just naturally wanders. I have been trying to figure out the positioning of the  people and how the bullet managed a thoracic pass through and then struck the next person in the shoulder high enough to hit the clavicle (?) or at least end up in the shoulder. I guess AB could have been on the ground but that doesn't make sense. She could also be much taller than the dwarf (?) they hired as director. ;)

So now we can have more discussion. :)

Maybe we will get a diagram someday.

bob

Might have been a hip shot.  Also she might have been standing on a platform.

How far away was the second victim?  .45 Colt is a big heavy bullet with a lot of momentum. Shooting through a girl wouldn't slow it down much unless it hit something like a femur, and even that might not stop it.

I wonder if it ever occurs to anyone in Hollywood to film shots like that using an angled mirror?  (someone mentioned that in this thread earlier and I thought it was brilliant)
"It's good, though..."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #249 on: October 31, 2021, 10:44:52 PM »
I wonder if it ever occurs to anyone in Hollywood to film shots like that using an angled mirror?  (someone mentioned that in this thread earlier and I thought it was brilliant)

A special double mirror arrangement would have to be used in order to not reverse the image.