Author Topic: Alec Baldwin Firearm Accident  (Read 42471 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Alec Baldwin Firearm Accident
« Reply #275 on: November 08, 2021, 06:42:25 PM »
This should solve the problem:

But, but, defund the police.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #276 on: November 08, 2021, 08:59:01 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbBoHj9R0Lc
Apparently over the weekend, some were claiming sabotage by disgruntled people who left the set.  Mr H points out that if the armorer was doing her job, that would not have mattered.

Yeah, she's kinda screwed.  The only defense she may have is if Production directed her to not be present on set due to misguided COVID precautions.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #277 on: November 08, 2021, 09:18:34 PM »
Yeah, she's kinda screwed.  The only defense she may have is if Production directed her to not be present on set due to misguided COVID precautions.
To be honest, I think she should be held accountable as far as liability on the tort side.  She didn't point the gun at anyone.  I don't even know if she was there when the shot was fired.  She just sucks at her job.  I don't know where her liability ends on the criminal side.

That said, this is a real murky situation on the criminal side.  I am not even sure what would happen if this just occurred at someone's BBQ.  I bet there is precedent.  Just because someone hands you a gun and tells you it is unloaded, does that mean you should immediately aim at someone and pull the trigger?  There are probably similar "gun store" stories.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #278 on: November 10, 2021, 09:26:51 AM »
^
That's why I said in Reply # 243:

"I trust she has at least some of this in writing.  There's nothing like keeping a "Pearl Harbor File."  Or having witnesses to the objections.

I still, personally, lay 99 point four more nines percent of the blame on the party who cocked the gun, allowed it to be pointed at a person, and pulled the trigger.

I suspect that ammunition can actually tiptoe around, hiding in small dark places, until it finds a suitable chamber to slip into and rest until awakened.

And I've often said you never point a gun anywhere you can't fix the hole."

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #279 on: November 10, 2021, 10:14:58 AM »
I was thinking there were also "gun show" stories of someone slipping live ammo into display guns, but I don't remember if those were real or just stories.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #280 on: November 10, 2021, 10:57:47 AM »
I was thinking there were also "gun show" stories of someone slipping live ammo into display guns, but I don't remember if those were real or just stories.

Was at a gun show where one went off and I remember hearing those stories too. Sometimes I wonder if there is any truth to those stories but also wonder if most if not all similar incidences were the result of dealer error and the dealer spun those stories to cover their a.   
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #281 on: November 10, 2021, 11:08:18 AM »
Oh, the "red herring" and "false flag" concepts WRT planted live ammo have probably been floating around in the backs of  peoples' minds since the start.

Trouble is, crap like that is (a) hard to prove and (b) cited as "paranoia," sometimes by the perpetrators themselves.

That last (b) usually shuts down discussion about ulterior motives since nobody wants to be called paranoid.

Well, I always figured two "negative" things were actual survival traits:  Paranoia and Xenophobia.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 11:56:29 AM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #282 on: November 15, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »
Enter Very Very Special Agent Richard Beazit

ATF tries to help Alec Baldwin avoid murder charges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Q3lheohiA
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #283 on: November 18, 2021, 10:44:01 AM »
A second crew member has filed suit against Alec Baldwin, claiming he was negligent.  The crew member claims no shots were to be fired in the scene they were preparing to film inside the church set.  If true, that would seem to indicate that Baldwin was just screwing around with the gun when he killed Halyna Hutchins.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/11/17/2nd-rust-crew-member-sues-alec-baldwin-he-did-not-check-the-gun-himself-no-firing-in-upcoming-scene/
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #284 on: November 18, 2021, 08:44:06 PM »
Why is she suing?  What is her standing?  Was she harmed when Baldwin shot?  Or is she suing because the filming was stopped?

The answer to all those questions, and more, is money. She just wants money.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2021, 08:45:49 PM »
Why is she suing?  What is her standing?  Was she harmed when Baldwin shot?  Or is she suing because the filming was stopped?

Probably something along the lines of her contracting PTSD from someone else using a firearm.  Mental anguish, hurt feelings, whatever.
I suspect you are right that she is just hoping to cash in on Baldwin's stupidity.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #286 on: November 19, 2021, 11:51:47 AM »
Probably something along the lines of her contracting PTSD from someone else using a firearm.  Mental anguish, hurt feelings, whatever.
I suspect you are right that she is just hoping to cash in on Baldwin's stupidity.

I wouldn't mind hearing about a bevy of suits against the trigger-puller on this basis from everyone involved.

As I said, he cocked the gun, he pointed it at a person, he pulled the trigger, he put holes in two people.

Who cocked the gun, who pointed it at a person, who pulled the trigger, who put holes in two people?

Alec Baldwin.

That's who.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #287 on: November 19, 2021, 12:13:32 PM »

Sometimes whomever sues first, is protection against liability later.

She probably wrote the scene and could see Baldwin coming after her for "forcing him" to be in a situation where he has to shoot a gun at a manned camera.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #288 on: November 19, 2021, 12:14:49 PM »
Tales from the Table...

Why does it seem like many "non-gun" people, when handed a firearm, immediately point it at someone and quite often pull the trigger?

"No, you can't pick up that rifle yet - Why do you want to see it?"
Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2021, 12:26:25 PM »
Tales from the Table...

Why does it seem like many "non-gun" people, when handed a firearm, immediately point it at someone and quite often pull the trigger?

It seems that way?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2021, 02:26:22 PM »

The simplest answer is she just wants money.  But her standing IMHO is his unsafe gun handling both as the shooter, and as the producer who had an unsafe set, endangered everyone there.  Also PTSD from seeing a coworker killed.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2021, 10:07:28 PM »
Tales from the Table...

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #292 on: November 19, 2021, 10:26:25 PM »
Perd - where are the sights on that gun??
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #293 on: November 19, 2021, 10:29:32 PM »

The jury was pretty close, so he didn't need any.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #294 on: November 20, 2021, 08:54:40 AM »

Someone said the optic wouldn't fit in the evidence box, so it was taken off.  It is probably on some cop's rifle now.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #295 on: November 20, 2021, 09:02:50 AM »
Yeah, it had what appeared to be a Sightmark red dot on it when Rittenhouse had it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #296 on: November 20, 2021, 09:08:20 AM »
Tales from the Table...

SO TRUE!!!
 Hopefully this will be used in court, some kids out there will be safer if the "alecs and tv liberals" are forced to confront this!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #298 on: December 01, 2021, 05:11:55 PM »
A red SUV did it.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #299 on: December 01, 2021, 05:16:57 PM »
If the hammer was cocked back, it doesn't take much pressure on the trigger.