Author Topic: Not much to say, but wow  (Read 1942 times)

nico

• friend
Not much to say, but wow
« on: May 18, 2005, 01:32:41 PM »
http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/38/355838/BBCNEWSWorldLionMutilates42MidgetsinCambodianRing-Fight.htm
Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight
Skulls of victims of the Khmer Rouge regime
An African Lion much like this is responsible for the death of 28 Cambodian Midgets
Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion

Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.

An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the citys coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they & could out-wit and out-muscle [it].

Unfortunately, he was wrong.
edit: it's fake.  That's what I get for not looking at the link I'm pasting
http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/a/2005_05_10.htm

Azrael256

• friend
Not much to say, but wow
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 02:48:07 PM »
One of our local late-night talk radio hosts recounted this story last night with amazement.  I wanted to call in to inform him that it was all a joke, but he told the story about two minutes before the end of his show.  BLAST!

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Not much to say, but wow
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 06:28:49 PM »
That's what I get for not looking at the link I'm pasting
Yes, it is usually a good idea to look at the link one is posting before hitting the submit button.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Not much to say, but wow
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 06:59:12 PM »
check first to see if its posted on AR15.com

if its there

its fake

Smiley
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Not much to say, but wow
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 08:42:20 PM »
I guess now that I know it is fake, I feel much better at laughing at: 'Cambodian Midget Fighting League'
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Sean Smith

Not much to say, but wow
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 02:35:05 AM »
That is a pretty funny piece of fiction.