Poll

Does the Republican candidate for VA governor have a snowball's chance in hell of winning?

Of course, our elections are fair and honest
0 (0%)
Not a chance in hell he can beat the margin of fraud
4 (20%)
ROFL
6 (30%)
The votes have already been counted but McAuliffe won't be declared the winner till Tuesday night.
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: November 03, 2021, 01:11:30 PM

Author Topic: VA Governor Election Prediction  (Read 8439 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
VA Governor Election Prediction
« on: October 30, 2021, 01:11:30 PM »
Big Bellwether election coming up in Virginia Tuesday. Democrat McAuliffe V. Republican Youngkin. Personally I don't think any republican would have a chance in a democrat controlled state anymore.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: VA Governor Election Prediction
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 01:27:44 PM »
If Youngkin wins he is immediately suspect as controlled opposition.

Virginia is practically in the belly of the beast system. That was a huge plum the beast system won't want to give up.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 02:17:01 PM »
I think there is a fair chance.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 06:02:05 PM »
Mcauffle is pulling out all the stops. He knows he should lose but will he? There will be a legal battle no mater how it goes.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 06:09:46 PM »
I think there is a fair chance.

I'm thinking so too. I cannot recall the last campaign I saw so poorly run, supporting an arrogant moron of a candidate. He even attacks the MSM for not supporting him, and I honestly think people are sick of hearing "Trump" mentioned 27 times in every five minute speech. Not to mention the underhanded tricks he has pulled against his opponent which also were poorly enough done to be found out.

The whole " No Trump" gameplan plus the dirty tricks may backfire on him in a way that has even some dems voting for "not McAuliffe".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 06:18:34 PM »
McAuffle by a landslide with 160% of the vote after all the "lost" ballets are finally counted two weeks later.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 06:20:16 PM »
Supposedly left leaning and right leaning parents are united in opposition to McAuliffe who has repeatedly said parents should have NO say in what their children are being taught.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2021, 06:22:47 PM »
I'm thinking so too. I cannot recall the last campaign I saw so poorly run, supporting an arrogant moron of a candidate.

2020?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2021, 10:14:00 PM »

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2021, 10:16:16 PM »
And... Who is disturbed that they supported that mess?

The True Believers are still, thankfully, hopefully... Outnumbered.
Blog under construction

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2021, 02:41:42 AM »
Not everything is a conspiracy. Virginia is not near as blue as the media makes out. This last term was the first time in a long time that the Ds had the gov and both chambers in the legislature. Why would they throw away a chance of more of the same to install “controlled opposition?” The Dem machine has turned out in force for Terry. A loss at this point is quite humiliating.

More interesting is will the legislature flip? I surely hope so. The attorney general is garbage as garbage can be but will probably hold on for re-election unless this backlash is huge. I most worry because there have been non stop radio ads telling us how fair and secure our elections are. Getting that Joe Isuzu feel.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 11:15:17 AM by French G. »
AKA Navy Joe   

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2021, 11:01:52 AM »
No way Youngkin wins.  Democrats still control the election apparatus in that state.

ETA:

Fox News:  Small crowd greets McAuliffe at campaign stop as his GOP opponent Youngkin leads in polls
Of note in this story is McAuliffe's statement, "I’m happy to report we are substantially leading in the early vote."  I wonder where and how he got this information?

A couple of other stories of interest:
Fox News:  Virginia's deadlocked governor's race may not be decided on Election Day

Fox News: Democrats working to build early voting lead in Virginia; can the GOP close the gap on Election Day?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 05:05:20 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2021, 06:29:06 PM »
I’m hopeful because the Dems seem to be in a panic.  But, I’m not holding my breath.  My wife and I aren’t voting early.  Our thinking is that the less Dems know going into Election Day, the harder it will be for them to rig the results.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2021, 07:14:09 PM »
So what will they use…evicting observers from the count room while counters wearing McAuliffe hats and masks make sure the vote is counted “properly”’ blocking the windows with cardboard, arranging for a non existent water leak to stop counting for the last county that hasn’t reported in yet, boxes of “cured” ballots found, or my personal favorite, the USPS delivering boxes of ballots they located? Or all of the above? After all it’s what free, fair, honest elections all do.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2021, 08:55:18 PM »
So what will they use…evicting observers from the count room while counters wearing McAuliffe hats and masks make sure the vote is counted “properly”’ blocking the windows with cardboard, arranging for a non existent water leak to stop counting for the last county that hasn’t reported in yet, boxes of “cured” ballots found, or my personal favorite, the USPS delivering boxes of ballots they located? Or all of the above? After all it’s what free, fair, honest elections all do.

Cue the magic station wagon of ballots

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2021, 09:47:51 PM »
They already have it set that mail in ballots can arrive like three days late. That does give them time.

It is going to be so close the dems are in panic mode.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2021, 07:44:45 AM »
I’m hopeful because the Dems seem to be in a panic.  But, I’m not holding my breath.  My wife and I aren’t voting early.  Our thinking is that the less Dems know going into Election Day, the harder it will be for them to rig the results.

Judging by what I'm seeing in my inbox, the Dems don't seem to be in a panic, they're absolutely losing their *expletive deleted*it they're so scared this election is going to go south for them.

MSN is also saying the Dems are nervous as hell.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/how-scary-are-the-new-virginia-polls-for-democrats/ar-AAQ6eiS?ocid=uxbndlbing
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2021, 07:54:34 AM »
A message yesterday from Virginia Dems or their supporters...

"Michael: WE ARE FREAKING OUT.

The Virginia elections are on Tuesday -- in THREE DAYS.

This race is TIED, and we aren’t getting NEARLY the resources we need to make sure we pull ahead.

We thought you’d be just as concerned about this as we are. A Donald Trump acolyte is tied in the race for the Governor’s office.

Trump cronies are scrambling to flip the House of Delegates."

I have about 30 others of a similar nature in my inbox (well, spam box, but same thing).

All are screaming about how the progressive agenda is in danger in Virginia because TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

I'm seeing more and more speculation that Dems are losing tenancy with voters this election simply because they're overplaying the Trump card now that Trump's no longer in power, while Youngkin has latched on to a VERY potent issue and has turned McAuliffe's parents and schools words into a weapon against him.

There's apparently been a pretty huge shift towards Youngkin among parents with kids currently in school.

I sincerely doubt that any election result will make me as viscerally happy as the 2016 election... not because Trump won, but because Hillary lost and it was so delightful to see so many of her supporters inconsolable.

Yeah. I hate Dems that... *expletive deleted*ing... much.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2021, 10:22:12 AM »
Political theatre and posturing from the dems.
Those in control simply want the optics of a close race so they can pull off their electoral fraud and then reassure the base that "they" managed to save the day for the communists  progressives liberals libtards.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2021, 10:41:45 AM »
Political theatre and posturing from the dems.
Those in control simply want the optics of a close race so they can pull off their electoral fraud and then reassure the base that "they" managed to save the day for the communists  progressives liberals libtards.

This in a nutshell.  Nicely summed up.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2021, 11:51:26 AM »
I honestly think people are sick of hearing "Trump" mentioned 27 times in every five minute speech.

It also works a lot better when actually running against Trump. McAuliffe hasn't offered much beyond anti-trump and that's not going to do much for turnout when Trump isn't on the ballot. The polls look good for Youngkin, especially the direction they've been trending so that's where I'd put my money if I had to make a prediction.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2021, 04:45:48 PM »
It also works a lot better when actually running against Trump. McAuliffe hasn't offered much beyond anti-trump and that's not going to do much for turnout when Trump isn't on the ballot. The polls look good for Youngkin, especially the direction they've been trending so that's where I'd put my money if I had to make a prediction.
It doesn't matter who votes or how they vote, what matters is who counts the ballots.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2021, 05:27:52 PM »
Since mail in ballots can arrive three days late they have plenty of time to make sure the vote is right.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2021, 05:37:08 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2021, 06:22:52 PM »
I hope that is it for the Lincoln project. Anyone with eyes can see exactly who they are now. They are not noble anti trump republicans. In addition to this stunt which ought to be considered an in kind contribution to McAuliffe they have given his campaign 600k. Quisling would have more honor.
AKA Navy Joe