Author Topic: *expletive deleted*ck Joe Manchin!  (Read 614 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
*expletive deleted*ck Joe Manchin!
« on: November 05, 2021, 08:24:19 AM »
Some climate dweebs both tried to block in Joe Manchin's car and were yelling "*expletive deleted*ck Joe Manchin" at him in, "an attempt to get him to listen to us."

If someone is screeching "*expletive deleted*ck Ben" at me, I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the opposite of what they want, even if it's a pain in the ass for me to do so.

Also, "He tried to run us over!!!!" Please. He did a lousy job of it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-blockaded-in-his-car-by-climate-protestors-who-claim-he-tried-to-run-them-over
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
Re: *expletive deleted*ck Joe Manchin!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 08:35:58 AM »
I'm genuinely curious if we'll see a condemnation from the left of this profane attack on a Democrat.

That's the standard right now, right?  Look, I'm not expecting them to condemn someone yelling profanity about Trump, but I was pretty sure if someone yells profanity at or about a Democrat that's evil and bad and stuff, right?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 08:43:04 AM »
I'm genuinely curious if we'll see a condemnation from the left of this profane attack on a Democrat.

That's the standard right now, right?  Look, I'm not expecting them to condemn someone yelling profanity about Trump, but I was pretty sure if someone yells profanity at or about a Democrat that's evil and bad and stuff, right?

We practically have an insurrection (is that the correct word?) on our hand for people using the euphemism "Lets Go Brandon". Yet, "Impeach the mother *expletive deleted*er" (said by a member of congress no less) is okie dokie, edgy, and cool, and if you don't like it, you're just an old, white prude (and die off already, would you?).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 08:49:16 AM »
People who deliberately block a vehicle should have NO repeat NO legal protection or recourse if in the process of getting away from them the driver happens to them over.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 09:22:32 AM »
In reading that article, I learned that the Capitol complex actually has its own... subway.

I had no freaking clue.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 09:31:00 AM »
People who deliberately block a vehicle should have NO repeat NO legal protection or recourse if in the process of getting away from them the driver happens to them over.

It should be treated as the serious crime that it is. At the least it equates to unlawful detainment or false imprisonment. It may rise to kidnapping except that often requires someone being physically moved, not just their movement being restricted. Oftentimes it rises to what a reasonable person would consider a threat of physical harm which should trigger self defense for shooting or running over. It is past time prosecutors and police started treating this as a serious crime and start arresting and prosecuting people that pull these stunts.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 09:36:54 AM »
It should be treated as the serious crime that it is. At the least it equates to unlawful detainment or false imprisonment.
I have actually seen someone charged that way for standing behind a car that was trying to leave a restaurant.  I doubt it ever went to trial, but the cops arrested the guy who was blocking the car in.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 09:47:12 AM »
We need to move from the FA phase to the FO phase.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 09:49:36 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes