Main Forums > Politics

Dems look to be getting extra desperate...

<< < (33/33)

cordex:

--- Quote from: AZRedhawk44 on November 09, 2022, 09:10:19 AM ---Citizenship is a function of birth, not conception.
--- End quote ---
To be fair to Pb, the phrase "any person" does not refer to citizenship.

--- Quote from: AZRedhawk44 on November 09, 2022, 09:10:19 AM ---... there's no Federal law against murder.
--- End quote ---
That is simply not true.  There are a number of Federal laws against murder.

K Frame:
"I can see abortion being a State issue, but there's no Federal law against murder. "

Uh... say what, now?

Title 18 of the US Code deals specifically with the crime of... murder.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1111

Boomhauer:

--- Quote from: RocketMan on November 09, 2022, 09:02:00 AM ---It looks like I won't be eating crow anytime soon.  Things are turning out pretty much as I expected.  The red tsunami looks to have turned into a red wavelet.  At best they may pick up enough seats in the house for a bare majority.  But I have my doubts about even that happening.

--- End quote ---

Anybody with a bit of sense could have seen this coming when most of the battleground states are more or less Dem controlled along with their election processes.

And even if somehow there was a Red Wave you can always count on enough RINOs to “cross the aisle in the name of bipartisanship” to pass Dem legislation and *expletive deleted*ck us all over.

Pb:

--- Quote from: AZRedhawk44 on November 09, 2022, 09:10:19 AM ---I can see abortion being a State issue, but there's no Federal law against murder.  Not all crimes need to be addressed at the Federal level.

--- End quote ---

There should be no need to have federal laws against abortion, as the states should give legal protection against slaughter to unborn people within their jurisdiction.

The problem is that sometimes state governments refuse to provide legal protection to people they disfavor.  This is why the 14th Amendment was written... some Democrat-controlled governments were allowing black people to be disarmed, whipped, killed, disenfranchised and so on.  The 14th allows the federal government to step in and protect rights of groups of people when the state government refuses to do so.

So if a state legalizes killing Chinese, the federal government is authorized to prevent the murder of Chinese people in that state with legislation.  It is the same with children before birth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version