Main Forums > Politics

Dems look to be getting extra desperate...

<< < (2/33) > >>

K Frame:

--- Quote from: MechAg94 on November 15, 2021, 02:09:09 PM ---Didn't one or two of them also double down on schools deciding what is best for your children and the hell with what parents think?  I heard someone suggesting that issue was a big part of the swing in voting.

--- End quote ---

yes, McAuliffe pretty much doubled down on that, and that turned a LOT of parents against him.

But that happened in September at the last debate.

At that moment Youngkin was still a point or two behind and IIRC it had been pretty stagnant for a few weeks.

That means that McAuliffe, who had been playing the Trump card the whole race to that point, had stalled with that messaging and was, in fact, losing ground on that message. Polling after the election pretty much showed that no, people were no longer recoiling in horror at the spectre of Trump because, well, he's no longer in office...

But when Youngkin took McAuliffe's statement on parents should get no say in what their kids are taught... well, we all know how that ended up.

Bogie:
Dangerous? Be careful...

The desire for perfect safety has pretty much altered a lot of society in some areas...

Boomhauer:
This dumb *expletive deleted*ck lol

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-texas-governor-running

Perd Hapley:

--- Quote from: Boomhauer on November 15, 2021, 09:33:22 PM ---This dumb *expletive deleted*ck lol

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-texas-governor-running

--- End quote ---

I hope he waste millions of Bezos/Soros/Bloomberg dollars. Not sure they'd back him at this point, though.

MechAg94:

--- Quote from: Perd Hapley on November 15, 2021, 09:40:35 PM ---I hope he waste millions of Bezos/Soros/Bloomberg dollars. Not sure they'd back him at this point, though.

--- End quote ---

The next Governor race in Texas might be more interesting than I want it to be.  Gov. Abbott hasn't been bad, but he wasn't great and kept COVID restrictions around just a bit too long.  The joke is to look at what Desantis does and Abbott will do it 3 weeks later after running it through focus groups.  I hear that Allen West was thinking of running against him, but he just strikes me as Mr. Establishment and hasn't been elected to anything in years.  Not sure who else is running, but some may think Abbott is vulnerable.  Once all that is done, Beto is an after thought.  I can't see how his antics while running for President will help him here in Texas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version