Author Topic: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...  (Read 10219 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Dems look to be getting extra desperate...
« on: November 15, 2021, 01:54:54 PM »
GOP "too dangerous" to run Congress. I think it's going to get even more fun as their polling numbers continue to tank...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-gop-too-dangerous-congress-midterm-pitch-voters

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 02:00:38 PM »
Didn't they tried that tack in Virginia?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 02:06:46 PM »
Not really.

They tried TRUMP! THE REPUBLICANS ARE TRUMP! ALL TRUMP ALL THE TIME! TTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Worked really well for them.

This note from the DCCC appears to have learned something from that debacle. Trump isn't mentioned once in it.

Now they're just painting with the widest possible brush.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 02:09:09 PM »
Didn't one or two of them also double down on schools deciding what is best for your children and the hell with what parents think?  I heard someone suggesting that issue was a big part of the swing in voting.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 02:10:46 PM »
As far as the left and dems are concerned GOP = Trump.
Yes we know different but I like to think CNN & MSNBC don't tell us what to think here.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 02:26:27 PM »
Didn't one or two of them also double down on schools deciding what is best for your children and the hell with what parents think?  I heard someone suggesting that issue was a big part of the swing in voting.

yes, McAuliffe pretty much doubled down on that, and that turned a LOT of parents against him.

But that happened in September at the last debate.

At that moment Youngkin was still a point or two behind and IIRC it had been pretty stagnant for a few weeks.

That means that McAuliffe, who had been playing the Trump card the whole race to that point, had stalled with that messaging and was, in fact, losing ground on that message. Polling after the election pretty much showed that no, people were no longer recoiling in horror at the spectre of Trump because, well, he's no longer in office...

But when Youngkin took McAuliffe's statement on parents should get no say in what their kids are taught... well, we all know how that ended up.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 08:35:49 PM »
Dangerous? Be careful...

The desire for perfect safety has pretty much altered a lot of society in some areas...
Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 09:33:22 PM »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2021, 09:40:35 PM »
This dumb *expletive deleted*ck lol

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-texas-governor-running

I hope he waste millions of Bezos/Soros/Bloomberg dollars. Not sure they'd back him at this point, though.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2021, 11:42:57 PM »
I hope he waste millions of Bezos/Soros/Bloomberg dollars. Not sure they'd back him at this point, though.

The next Governor race in Texas might be more interesting than I want it to be.  Gov. Abbott hasn't been bad, but he wasn't great and kept COVID restrictions around just a bit too long.  The joke is to look at what Desantis does and Abbott will do it 3 weeks later after running it through focus groups.  I hear that Allen West was thinking of running against him, but he just strikes me as Mr. Establishment and hasn't been elected to anything in years.  Not sure who else is running, but some may think Abbott is vulnerable.  Once all that is done, Beto is an after thought.  I can't see how his antics while running for President will help him here in Texas.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2021, 12:22:11 PM »
. . . Once all that is done, Beto is an after thought.  I can't see how his antics while running for President will help him here in Texas.
Maybe he thinks that despite Texas' best efforts, the Feds will enable voting by illegals in the next election . . . combined with the votes of Kali transplants, that might be a problem for the Lone Star State.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2021, 04:48:08 PM »
Are they worried? Maybe

Someone asked me at a party the other night how worried I am about the future of the United States, and my response was “I’m not saying that you will need to use this plan. But it is a good idea to have a plan to relocate to a democratic nation where you speak the language.”

— Ian Millhiser (@imillhiser) December 14, 2021
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/12/14/voxs-ian-millhiser-is-warning-people-at-parties-to-have-a-plan-to-relocate-to-a-democratic-nation-where-you-speak-the-language/

A note to Democrats who blame progressives after losing an election:

Forcing millions to start paying student loans again and cutting off the Child Tax Credit at the start of an election year is not a winning strategy.

We're warning you now, don't point fingers in November.

— Cori Bush (@CoriBush) December 13, 2021
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/12/14/rep-cori-bush-preemptively-blames-joe-biden-and-moderate-dems-for-losing-in-2022/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2021, 05:44:33 PM »
I hate to get overconfident.  It is still nearly a year away. 

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2021, 06:18:27 PM »
I hate to get overconfident.  It is still nearly a year away.

No real reason to expect that the Democrat vote fraud machine will be any less effective for the mid-terms.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2021, 01:23:31 AM »
No real reason to expect that the Democrat vote fraud machine will be any less effective for the mid-terms.

"But there's no proof of voter fraud."

To which I apply the following logic

There is no proof without evidence.
There is no evidence without investigation.
There is no investigation without suspicion.
But suspicion without proof is paranoid.

So much for the suspicion.  Accusation of "paranoia" is a very effective way of stifling things. They sure wrapped that up in a nice little package.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2021, 08:00:54 AM »
Biden using the "party of 'No' " line to dig at Republicans for 2022. The same guy who said "no" by reversing everything Republicans did from 2016-2020 with the most EOs in the history of EOs.

"I want to tell my Republican friends: Get ready, pal. You’re in for a problem," Biden said, explaining that Republicans are "against everything" and challenging the crowd to name something the GOP is "for."

Also, he's "The perfect President".

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-to-dnc-holiday-party-were-going-to-win-in-2022

I also notice these things were said at a ginormous holiday party while they are still telling regular people to avoid holiday gatherings.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2021, 09:32:17 AM »
Look, you stupid bastard, we keep telling you that those rules only apply to you little people, not we woke masters!

Stop whining, put on your mask, and sit alone in your house or you might get a visit from the IRS!

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2021, 09:41:40 AM »
There is no proof without evidence.
There is no evidence without investigation.
There is no investigation without suspicion.
But suspicion without proof is paranoid.
Voter fraud? Definitely.
Massive fraud that should have invalidated results? Still waiting on that evidence.
There have been investigations and audits though.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2021, 06:27:38 PM »
That moving to another country thing has been going on for a long time. They never seem to do it. Either they must be figuring out that the grass isn’t any greener or discovering it isn’t that easy to emigrate to another country. Most countries are much more strict about immigration than the US is, even most of the shithole ones.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2021, 12:54:21 PM »
I hate to get my hopes up but it appears things are shifting hard in the R's favor.
What worriers me though is what the dems could do in the meantime as a scorched earth policy.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 11:00:03 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2022, 10:53:25 AM »
I hate to get my hopes up but it appears things are shifting hard in the R's favor.
What worriers me thought is what the dems could do in the meantime as a scorched earth policy.

Aren't all their policies scorched earth policies?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2022, 10:57:28 AM »
What worriers me thought is what the dems could do in the meantime as a scorched earth policy.

Never underestimate the ability of the stupid party to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2022, 12:12:54 PM »
The Republicans will probably win a bunch of seats.  They will proceed to do nothing conservative, just like they have done every other time this has happened in my recollection.

I have been told Newt Gingrich's congress was different, but I can't recall that.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2022, 12:50:33 PM »
The Republicans will probably win a bunch of seats.  They will proceed to do nothing conservative, just like they have done every other time this has happened in my recollection.

I have been told Newt Gingrich's congress was different, but I can't recall that.
I don't know how much different it was.  Mainly it was the last Congress that came real close to balancing the budget.  Then the media placed a giant target on his back and did negative stories day after day.  The Republicans did like they always do and thought getting rid of Newt would make the media be friends with them again.  Newt was not perfect, but he was better than a lot of others.  Of course, we also had Dick Armey and Phil Graham and a host of others in leadership positions, many of which retired around 2000.  Through the 2000's, the Republicans sort of abandoned the "Limited Govt" principle completely.