Author Topic: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...  (Read 10230 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2022, 07:06:30 PM »
My bet is another F curve

That's my expectation as well. I suspect that the odds of ever having a republican,  let alone a conservative majority in either the house or the senate are getting pretty slim.  No consequences for blatant election fraud undoubtedly leads to even more fraud.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2022, 07:29:17 PM »
ABC News said the dems will keep the house and gain up to 4 seats in the senate.
But then deleted the tweet for some reason

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/19/what-sort-of-fckery-is-this-abc-news-busted-deleting-tweet-claiming-democrats-will-hold-onto-the-house-and-take-4-seats-in-the-senate/

The article in question (also linked by twitchy.com):

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/bidens-optimism-collides-mounting-political-challenges-85480788?cid=social_twitter_abcn

I wouldn't go all  [tinfoil] just yet.  It appears to be an unfinished article (which would explain why the tweet got deleted), and the first paragraph could be what Biden is predicting for the midterms.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2022, 07:08:40 AM »
"I wouldn't go all  [tinfoil] just yet. "

No, man! No! The fix is in! THE FIX IS IN! GO FULL *expletive deleted*ing PANIC MONKEY! THE FIX IS IN! THE DEMS HAVE RIGGED IT! THEY'RE GOING TO HOLD ALL 700 SEATS IN THE HOUSE AND ALL 1042 SEATS IN THE SENATE!

THEY'RE GONNA MANDATE THAT EVERY MAN, WOMAN, AND CHILD HAS A SEX CHANGE OPERATION AND USE DIFFERENT PRONOUNS!

THEY'RE GONNA BURN YOUR BIBLES AND GUNS IN FRONT OF YOU!

ABORTION IS WILL NO LONGER BE A RIGHT... IT WILL BE MANDATORY!

THE FIX IS IN!!!!!!

Or, as I like to call it, just another day at TFL...  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2022, 09:51:01 AM »
If the Democrats don't lose a bunch of seats in congress coming up soon, I predict they will do much much worse during the presidential election.  I don't think things are going to improve much.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2022, 10:00:33 AM »
If the Democrats don't lose a bunch of seats in congress coming up soon, I predict they will do much much worse during the presidential election.  I don't think things are going to improve much.

Not that it can be controlled, but in many ways, it would be better to have a "red wave" in 2024 rather than now. Usually what seems to happen is that a midterm red (or blue) wave comes in, then it is moderated with a new president stuck with a majority from the opposite party after the following presidential election.

Though we do often make the argument here that gridlock is the best option.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2022, 10:34:01 AM »
Looks like they're floating the idea of Newsom for 2024
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2022, 10:40:24 AM »
Looks like they're floating the idea of Newsom for 2024

I've been seeing that. They seem to be selling it as the young, hip, Kennedy-like pretty boy. I really don't know what dems nationally (like a NY or FL or TX dem voter) think of him.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2022, 10:52:26 AM »
"They seem to be selling it as the young, hip, Kennedy-like pretty boy."

Who has none of Kennedy's ability, charm, charisma, vitality, ideas, or panache.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2022, 11:07:02 AM »
And yow, this is a new level of desperate entirely!

Media Pundits -- Don't let gas prices or inflation influence your vote in November! That would be wrong! WRONGGGGGGGG!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-wapo-abc-figures-warn-voters-against-gas-prices-influencing-vote-november

You have GOT to be kidding me!

""The president does not have some super-secret special dial on his desk that can adjust gas prices, but many voters believe otherwise," (WaPO columninst) wrote."

I guess that "I'm going to stop the Federal gas tax dial" isn't such a big secret then!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

She completely forgets.... no, she's completely ignoring the inconvenient truth that St. Barak, First of His Name, the Glorious Obama, once told us with gravitas and certainty "You can't drill your way to lower prices!"

And yet, that's EXACTLY what America did.

And, as I have repeatedly said over the past 2 years, Biden is on a mission to PUNISH the United States for having the temerity to prove St. Barak 100% wrong...

And that's what these idiots don't want us to see.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2022, 11:46:55 AM »
IMO, the President does not have a "gas price dial".  IMO, it is more like an economic brake or road block on the energy market.  The executive branch controls permits for oil leases, oil drilling, and all sort of other environmental restrictions and distribution restrictions.  All the President has to do is take his foot off the brake and let the market move freely. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2022, 12:27:34 PM »
Really makes me wonder what sort of tune these pundits would be signing if it were a Republican in office in similar economic times...

Oh, silly me, we ALL know what the tune would be...

VOTE THE RACIST, FASCIST BASTARD OUT! HE'S CRUSHING YOUR ECONOMIC HOPES AND DREAMS! IT'S HIS FAULT, PERSONALLY!

No real mystery there.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2022, 12:50:22 PM »
High gas prices benefit crony capitalists while impoverishing underserved communities of color. Vote D for an equitable energy market pan for all.

That’s about how it would go.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2022, 08:26:56 AM »
PIVOT!

Law enforcement are often paid less than a living wage, and that is wrong.

We must raise pay for officers and address violent crime as we work to build community trust and foster law enforcement accountability.

— Stacey Abrams (@staceyabrams) June 23, 2022
    Law enforcement in urban, suburban and rural areas across Georgia struggle with staffing shortages that put communities at risk.

Higher officer pay will lead to better officer recruitment, better officer retention, better community interactions and a safer Georgia.

— Stacey Abrams (@staceyabrams) June 23, 2022
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/06/23/defund-the-police-was-so-bad-for-stacey-abrams-that-now-she-wants-to-give-cops-a-raise/

Seeing more and more "Defund The Police" dems suddenly become "Fund The police" lately
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2022, 08:30:52 AM »
^^^ Yeah, well.  Once she is elected her tune will change yet again.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2022, 08:31:53 AM »
Once she is elected

I thought she already was
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2022, 09:44:42 AM »

I thought she already was.

Sorry, I should have said "re-elected".
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2022, 09:46:57 AM »
In her own mind.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2022, 10:10:49 AM »
Well she is President of the United Federation of Planets.
So being a gov would be a few steps down.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2022, 08:07:15 AM »
Kyle Morris
@RealKyleMorris
BREAKING: The Republicans have defeated the Democrats 10-0 in the 2022 Congressional Baseball Game.

Beavis Van Buren
@beavisvanburen
·
9h
Replying to
@RealKyleMorris
Wait until 4 AM. The GOP will be losing 12-10.
https://twitter.com/RealKyleMorris/status/1552840124211290112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1552840124211290112%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fdougp-3137%2F2022%2F07%2F28%2Fdem-rep-brought-on-more-unity-while-gop-turned-congressional-baseball-game-into-a-midterm-metaphor%2F

But it wasn't all fun and games

Mark Walker
@RepMarkWalker
·
Follow
Congresswoman Linda Sanchez flipping off Republicans in a charity game to support the Boys and Girls Club of DC.  Sad!
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/07/28/dem-rep-brought-on-more-unity-while-gop-turned-congressional-baseball-game-into-a-midterm-metaphor/
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2022, 08:30:46 AM »
More loving and tolerant Democrats. I'm surprised they didn't bring another shooter with them this year. Just so they could blame Republicans for not passing gun control.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2022, 08:56:26 AM »
In the last few years (or maybe decade) I've seen the rise of what I call "The View women". They all portray themselves as "strong, smart, beautiful women who are all that ("you want to date us!")", who are actually a herd of stupid, fat, waddling cows with an IQ of 74 in their head and a 5lb box of bonbons in their hands.

Linda Sanchez is one of their star players.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2022, 09:21:20 AM »
I think someone finally let her know that public opinion among black people is not to defund the police. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2022, 07:42:39 PM »
And the desperation continues, with less than half of Hispanic Americans now backing the Dem Party.

https://youtu.be/d2jAMV1eT-0

The guy he's interviewing wrote the book that popularized the Democrats' Great Replacement Theory, back when they thought Obama was at the vanguard of a permanent, left-wing majority of color. They thought brown people couldn't think for themselves.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2022, 03:23:00 PM »
Either it's a desperate attempt to stir up the base or it's the vodka talking. Or possibly both.

Washington Free Beacon
@FreeBeacon
·
Follow
Pelosi: “A movement to repeal the 19th Amendment for women to have the right to vote … I think I hear something like that every day around here.”

Nancy Pelosi short-circuits talking about the voices she hears (in her head?) every day talking about ending a woman’s right to vote (watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/09/22/nancy-pelosi-short-circuits-talking-about-the-voices-she-hears-in-her-head-every-day-talking-about-ending-a-womans-right-to-vote-watch/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2022, 06:04:39 PM »
Either it's a desperate attempt to stir up the base or it's the vodka talking. Or possibly both.

Nancy Pelosi short-circuits talking about the voices she hears (in her head?) every day talking about ending a woman’s right to vote (watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/09/22/nancy-pelosi-short-circuits-talking-about-the-voices-she-hears-in-her-head-every-day-talking-about-ending-a-womans-right-to-vote-watch/
There is no way she has significant daily contact with anyone but other Democrats.  I didn't know that was a common policy position with Democrats.