Author Topic: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...  (Read 10239 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Dems look to be getting extra desperate...
« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2022, 02:51:02 PM »
Talk about desperation . . . dems are no longer content with claiming the GOP will push granny off a cliff like they said in a past election, they've stepped up their rhetoric to say that if you vote for the GOP your children may be arrested and killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pphdkixnvA

The guy talking at the beginning is "presidential historian" Michael Beschloss.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2022, 04:00:42 PM »
Talk about desperation . . . dems are no longer content with claiming the GOP will push granny off a cliff like they said in a past election, they've stepped up their rhetoric to say that if you vote for the GOP your children may be arrested and killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pphdkixnvA

The guy talking at the beginning is "presidential historian" Michael Beschloss.

If we don't protect abortion rights, our children could be killed.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2022, 05:51:19 PM »
I can't wait until we get to the cannibalism claims.

I got me a strong hankering for some soft liberal liver.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2022, 05:57:15 PM »

I wouldn't think anyone could stomach that level of malodorous bile.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2022, 05:59:22 PM »

If the usual pattern holds when the Ds start accusing the Rs of doing something the Ds are the ones doing it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2022, 06:00:11 PM »

with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2022, 07:44:52 PM »
If the usual pattern holds when the Ds start accusing the Rs of doing something the Ds are the ones doing it.

This. This right here. They're already taking political prisoners. If they're killing dissidents yet, they're at least trying to hide it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2022, 01:07:41 AM »
I wouldn't think anyone could stomach that level of malodorous bile.

Just don’t knick the gall bladder.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2022, 09:02:00 AM »
Not an "oopsie" as was stated in the article.  Someone somewhere on the Dem side let something slip.  There's going to be a lot of folks on the right disappointed when the expected "Red Tsunami" turns out to be a red wavelet, or even a blue wavelet.

It looks like I won't be eating crow anytime soon.  Things are turning out pretty much as I expected.  The red tsunami looks to have turned into a red wavelet.  At best they may pick up enough seats in the house for a bare majority.  But I have my doubts about even that happening.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2022, 09:10:19 AM »
Federal laws against abortion are perfectly constitutional.  It is right there in the 14th amendment. 

Section 1
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 5
The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

The 14th was written, in part, because Democrats were allowing black Americans to be terrorized and killed.  The 14th Amendment prohibits allowing states to legalize killing of innocent people.  Ordinarily, there is no federal role in prosecuting murder cases.  When states allow innocent people to be killed, then the Federal government has a role to prevent the states from doing this.

This is exactly what most states are doing now with unborn people.

Would the Supreme Court agree with me?  No.  I am I right?  Sure, I am.  It is right there in plain English.  States can't let innocent people be killed.  And stabbing someone in the base of her skull with scissors, and sucking out her brains at seven months gestation counts as "depriving someone of life" in my book.

Citizenship is a function of birth, not conception.  A child can be conceived in China, but born in the USA.  Or conceived in the USA, but born in Cuba.

The Constitution is quite clear on birth being the issue, not conception.  When talking about presidential eligibility and about rights of citizens in particular.

I can see abortion being a State issue, but there's no Federal law against murder.  Not all crimes need to be addressed at the Federal level.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2022, 09:27:28 AM »
Citizenship is a function of birth, not conception.
To be fair to Pb, the phrase "any person" does not refer to citizenship.

... there's no Federal law against murder.
That is simply not true.  There are a number of Federal laws against murder.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2022, 09:34:31 AM »
"I can see abortion being a State issue, but there's no Federal law against murder. "

Uh... say what, now?

Title 18 of the US Code deals specifically with the crime of... murder.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1111
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2022, 09:41:28 AM »
It looks like I won't be eating crow anytime soon.  Things are turning out pretty much as I expected.  The red tsunami looks to have turned into a red wavelet.  At best they may pick up enough seats in the house for a bare majority.  But I have my doubts about even that happening.

Anybody with a bit of sense could have seen this coming when most of the battleground states are more or less Dem controlled along with their election processes.

And even if somehow there was a Red Wave you can always count on enough RINOs to “cross the aisle in the name of bipartisanship” to pass Dem legislation and *expletive deleted*ck us all over.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2022, 10:07:05 AM »
I can see abortion being a State issue, but there's no Federal law against murder.  Not all crimes need to be addressed at the Federal level.

There should be no need to have federal laws against abortion, as the states should give legal protection against slaughter to unborn people within their jurisdiction.

The problem is that sometimes state governments refuse to provide legal protection to people they disfavor.  This is why the 14th Amendment was written... some Democrat-controlled governments were allowing black people to be disarmed, whipped, killed, disenfranchised and so on.  The 14th allows the federal government to step in and protect rights of groups of people when the state government refuses to do so.

So if a state legalizes killing Chinese, the federal government is authorized to prevent the murder of Chinese people in that state with legislation.  It is the same with children before birth.