Author Topic: Mice in the Walls  (Read 2222 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Mice in the Walls
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2022, 04:14:50 PM »
We are using poison in bait stations.  They are eating it, so hopefully it is working.  We only got a couple in snap traps.

Yep, you've got to use poison baits stations outside of the house, seal the most likely ways that they're getting into the house, and use traps inside the house.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2022, 04:42:23 PM »
Lots of good responses here, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Quikrete casserole", which I have used.  50 / 50 quikrete powder and bread crumbs or crumbled up crackers, dry bread, etc.

A chunk of dry ice is also an option in some cases (Co2 suffocation).

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2022, 04:44:36 PM »
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2022, 05:40:57 PM »
We are using poison in bait stations.  They are eating it, so hopefully it is working.  We only got a couple in snap traps.

My fear with bait stations is a bunch of decomposing mice in the walls. I saw the previous owners used them though, as empty stations were spread around the crawlspace and attic hatches. I've been getting them with peanut butter in the snap traps.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2022, 05:43:43 PM »

Are they actually eating it? or are they stashing it somewhere else? That's pretty common.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2022, 06:04:07 PM »
Ideally you don't use bait stations inside. You use them outside, and during the summer and fall months before the little bastages start taking up residence in your walls.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2022, 07:20:38 PM »
I got best results with the Victor snap traps, and peanut butter. I bought one of the rolling log things, and set it up in my laundry area, and it got ONE. The live-catch thing I bought got zero, and is still sitting at the edge of the laundry room/pantry with peanut butter and crackers in it...
Blog under construction