Author Topic: Car plows through Christmas Parade in Wisconsin  (Read 7498 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Car plows through Christmas Parade in Wisconsin
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2021, 12:41:38 PM »

It's been observed that 3 people were murdered in the Boston Marathon bombing, and twice as many were killed in Waukesha. Many more casualties in Boston, of course.

Right, because CNN would never do anything like that to push a narrative.  ;/

;/ right back atcha. Of course Big Media does that stuff. My point stands.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2021, 02:10:48 PM »
Garbage photo comparison. Those are two different photos. Things look different in different lighting, different environments.

Here are several photos of the guy who plays Worf:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=michael+dorn&t=brave&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images
For the photos that come up on my computer, I don't see any differences that get near the level of that photo.  It still could be lighting.  I saw a similar comparison regarding a politician recently who was doing something the left didn't like.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2021, 06:36:21 PM »
As I was saying earlier in the thread, this was political violence, or at least criminal incompetence… a county like Milwaukee can’t possibly criminally incompetent all of the time, could it?

https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2021/12/01/darrell-brooks-bail-hearing/?amp=1
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2021, 06:58:31 PM »
As I was saying earlier in the thread, this was political violence, or at least criminal incompetence… a county like Milwaukee can’t possibly criminally incompetent all of the time, could it?

https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2021/12/01/darrell-brooks-bail-hearing/?amp=1

Milwaukee county and Dane county are the reason WI is purple. If they were removed from the state we'd be much better off.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2021, 07:02:05 PM »
Milwaukee county and Dane county are the reason WI is purple. If they were removed from the state we'd be much better off.

When I visited my son awhile ago at UW Madison, I noticed that there were ‘mail in ballot’ collection boxes at random locations around the campus. I could barely contain my disdain for the city and their illegal voting procedures.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2021, 11:44:21 AM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2021, 11:45:22 AM »
Apparently the driver of the SUV feels that he's being treated unfairly and is being demonized and dehumanized.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/waukesha-christmas-parade-suspect-im-being-demonized-dehumanized?utm_campaign=dw_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=housefile&utm_content=non_member

Also I read that his mother said this is all the government's fault for not helping her little boy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2021, 11:46:54 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2021, 07:38:09 AM »
Apparently the driver of the SUV feels that he's being treated unfairly and is being demonized and dehumanized.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/waukesha-christmas-parade-suspect-im-being-demonized-dehumanized?utm_campaign=dw_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=housefile&utm_content=non_member

He is being dehumanized. Legacy media keep calling him an SUV.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2021, 08:47:17 AM »

That's funny right there.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2021, 08:49:02 AM »
It's easier to buy an SUV than it is to check out a library book. Close the SUV loophole, it's for the children.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2021, 09:00:11 AM »
I bet that SUV was even an automatic. You know, it shifts with one push of the pedal.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 05:19:09 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2021, 09:57:12 AM »

=D

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2021, 03:11:41 PM »
I bet that SUV was even an automatic. You know, it shifts with one push of the petal.

But was it automatic, or semi-automatic?

Or was it a semi-automatic in FULLY semi-automatic mode?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2021, 05:14:19 PM »
I bet that SUV was even an automatic. You know, it shifts with one push of the petal.

Petal?

So it was a floral SUV?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2021, 05:19:36 PM »
Petal?

So it was a floral SUV?

Auto correct strikes again!
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2021, 05:25:39 PM »
He was pushing the petal to the medal.

(No fair making the correction without indicating that a change was made. :police: )
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 05:40:01 PM by 230RN »

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2021, 05:57:47 PM »
I'm not sure what side of that you're on?

I don't believe in "political bail" where outrageous sums are set because someone is not liked, or an "enemy of the (current) state", or what have you. Just like it's an abomination that the 06JAN political prisoners are being held without bail.

However, in the case of this guy, what is the solution? He has a 50 page rap sheet full of felonies. He was out on $1000 bail for running someone else over just before this atrocity. How do you handle bail for someone like this, who has shown himself to be a flight risk and a menace to society?

I don't have any concrete answers, but letting him easily make bail to once again commit felonies in order to honor "reasonable bail" seems to be an imprudent choice here. In a sane society, someone would have already shot him long ago and he'd no longer be a problem.

The answer to this guy isn't going to be found in bail reform, but in speed of trial and sentencing reform.

Someone with dozens of felonies should be in prison.  Not mowing one person over, getting a $1000 bail, and mowing down dozens more people while waiting trial on the first person he mowed down.

If bail were $1000 or $10,000 or $100,000 or even $1,000,000... if he put up $1 million and mowed down dozens of people while out on bail, we'd just be saying "why is he allowed bail at all?" with his record.

The process needs to be streamlined.  Arrested, charged, tried, verdict, done.  And the sentence carried out to completion, so he can't commit more felonies during that sentence.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2021, 08:52:41 PM »
Re- review re excessive bail:

https://law.justia.com/constitution/us/amendment-08/01-excessive-bail.html

“...The only arguable substantive limitation of the Bail Clause is that the government’s proposed conditions of release or detention not be ‘excessive’ in light of the perceived evil.”23 “Detention prior to trial of arrestees charged with serious felonies who are found after an adversary hearing to pose a threat to the safety of individuals or to the community which no condition of release can dispel” satisfies this requirement.2

To challenge bail as excessive, one must move for a reduction, and, if that motion is denied, appeal to the Court of Appeals, and, if unsuccessful, appeal to the Supreme Court Justice sitting for that circuit.
[Emphasis mine]
END QUOTE

I'm concerned that abuse of bail can be used as a political weapon, but on the other hand, I understand the provisions for meeting the government's interest in shielding the population from this kind of previously-demonstrated dangerous behavior.

If it's "excessive," let him appeal it.

If some organization or person actually posts that amount, if I were them, I'd keep pretty darned close track of him after his release under that bail.  To the point of effectively keeping him a "private" prisoner.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 07:11:04 AM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2021, 10:49:41 PM »
That's funny right there.

Kidding aside, there are 6 innocent people who felt a little dehumanized when this guy turned them into lifeless ragdolls.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2021, 11:58:50 PM »
Kidding aside, there are 6 innocent people who felt a little dehumanized when this guy turned them into lifeless ragdolls.

Very true.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2021, 09:14:25 PM »
Darrell Brooks faces new charges; threatened, offered marriage to victim | FOX6 News Milwaukee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy8vnR0ZKl4
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2021, 12:24:34 PM »
Wait a minute, now. We can't keep talking about this. It does not serve the narrative, and must be forgotten. You will now discuss January 6th.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2021, 12:39:02 PM »
Wait a minute, now. We can't keep talking about this. It does not serve the narrative, and must be forgotten. You will now discuss January 6th.

What do you think would have happened if the groups in the building had caught up with VP Pence?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2021, 12:41:55 PM »
What do you think would have happened if the groups in the building had caught up with VP Pence?
Which ones?  The people who were staying inside the roped off walk ways or the other people who initially crashed through the doors? 

I figure it would be a bunch of words and not much else.  However, I don't know what a bunch of panicky capital hill police or SS would have done. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge