Main Forums > The Roundtable

Random Orbit Sander Recommendations?

<< < (3/3)

RoadKingLarry:
They also employ dust collection to an attached collection bag or alternately to a vacuum hose. I think most have the option for both.

HankB:
Just an update - I ended up buying the Makita BO5041 at Home Depot. It was just a little more expensive than the comparable Bosch, but the additional power sold me.

So far I've used it for several hours and have to say it works well - the dust catcher bag catches a good portion of the sawdust, but some leaks through and is scattered to the side; not much of an issue since I've been using it outside, but relying on the integral dust collector would still mean a mess if you were to use it indoors. The dust catcher exhaust seems to be an oddball size, so a shop vac or other dust collector vacuum might need an adapter.

Discs with "hook and loop" attachment seem to attach securely and are easy to center up to this point.

I looked at various YouTube videos on "how to sand" which discussed grit progression & removing pencil marks, and the stuff they talked about works.

So far, so good.  =)

cordex:
That's the exact model I have.  Glad it's working well for you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version