Author Topic: de Blasio goes full Lame Duck. NYC vaccine mandate.  (Read 666 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
de Blasio goes full Lame Duck. NYC vaccine mandate.
« on: December 06, 2021, 09:53:08 AM »
NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio goes full on Lame Duck mode, issuing vaccine mandate on all private sector businesses.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de-blasio-announces-vaccine-mandate-for-private-sector-workers

NYC is already staggering under a wave of business closures and relocations exits. This won't help a bit. I fully expect courts to stay the order, but still, the sheer audacity of a mayor thinking they have that much authority is unbelievable.

Brad
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 12:05:47 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: de Blasio goes full Lame Duck. NYC vaccine mandate.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 11:51:40 AM »
NYC is already staggering under a wave of business closures and exit relocations. This won't help a bit. I fully expect courts to stay the order, but still, the sheer audacity of a mayor thinking they have that much authority is unbelievable.

Brad

Well, he is a leftist, so...
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 12:13:37 PM »
The mandate isn’t the bad part. The five year old and up vaccine passport is pretty bad. But people will accept it and go about their life.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 12:27:22 PM »
The mandate isn’t the bad part. The five year old and up vaccine passport is pretty bad. But people will accept it and go about their life.
Going about their lives can't be allowed.  They will come up with something else.  Gotta keep this going at least until the mid-term elections. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 06:06:34 PM »
Going about their lives can't be allowed.  They will come up with something else.  Gotta keep this going at least until the mid-term elections.

The 2034 midterms?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 07:56:07 PM »
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG