Author Topic: How a car can make you cry  (Read 822 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
How a car can make you cry
« on: December 18, 2021, 11:38:49 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: How a car can make you cry
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 11:59:03 AM »
In an age of generally crappy and stupid SJW commercials, that one is just outstanding. I've seen the much shorter version on the TV. This full length one can sure bring a tear to a fella's eyes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 12:48:04 PM »
This full length one can sure bring a tear to a fella's eyes.

And it did.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 01:23:29 PM »
You bastard..... :'( :'( :'(
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 04:42:40 PM »
Watched it a day or so ago and got choked up as well

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 04:55:44 PM »
Powerful!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 08:27:10 PM »
Well, that's a chunka change...
Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2021, 08:33:18 PM »
Very very touching story.  I wish I still had friends like that.  <snif>

College:

1950 Plymouth Deluxe (4 door, big back seat.)

A lot of firsts in this car. =D

I think I told the story of letting my totally blind dorm roomate drive it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 02:32:32 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2021, 12:42:11 AM »
I already had a headache and now, it's worse after my crying jag after watching that!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2021, 10:21:57 AM »
This commercial has got to affect anyone who's ever lost someone close.

Whichever marketing person came up with this commercial needs a promotion and a big raise. (I'd be willing to bet it wasn't a millennial wokester.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2021, 07:23:34 PM »
Millcreek - you owe me a new KB.  This one got a short circuit !!  ;)
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Tim L

• friend
    • TDLITWILLER
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2021, 10:07:56 AM »
There is definitely something wrong with that video,  my monitor gets blurry when  I watch it.   That said,  I wonder if they hired the same company that Publix supermarket uses.  They have a way of getting you where it counts

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2021, 11:11:05 AM »
Something wrong with my monitor...  :'(

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2021, 05:06:38 PM »
That's a great commercial.  Almost makes me want to buy a Chevy.  Almost.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2021, 09:42:24 PM »
I had friends like that once upon a time.

I was running second in points at the local dirt track, nearing the end of the season.  An ahole from another track came to ours, got pissed 'cause I beat him in the trophy dash & put me into the wall on the last lap of the main.  Car was towed off the track with the right front about 2' higher than it should be. 

The next day I was on a plane to San Diego for work.

Flew back in Friday.  One of the guys picked me up from the airport & we drove straight to the shop, I was going to work on it over night.

Got to the shop & at least 10 of the guys I race with were there (family & friends).  They'd covered the front of the car with a tarp, looked like I'd left it - all poked up in the right front.  There was talk they were there to help work on it.

A couple of them pulled the tarp off, dropping the pole they'd used to hold it up in the air.  The car looked like it'd never been wrecked! 

Those lovely sons-of-bitches had pulled the front end & engine, cut off the front clip & replaced it during the week.  All while working their day jobs & working on their own cars.  I won the dash & the main that week.

Sure do miss those guys & gals..........

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2021, 10:45:52 PM »
Cherish them and the memories, Speedy.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2021, 12:09:15 AM »
I had friends like that once upon a time.

I was running second in points at the local dirt track, nearing the end of the season.  An ahole from another track came to ours, got pissed 'cause I beat him in the trophy dash & put me into the wall on the last lap of the main.  Car was towed off the track with the right front about 2' higher than it should be. 

The next day I was on a plane to San Diego for work.

Flew back in Friday.  One of the guys picked me up from the airport & we drove straight to the shop, I was going to work on it over night.

Got to the shop & at least 10 of the guys I race with were there (family & friends).  They'd covered the front of the car with a tarp, looked like I'd left it - all poked up in the right front.  There was talk they were there to help work on it.

A couple of them pulled the tarp off, dropping the pole they'd used to hold it up in the air.  The car looked like it'd never been wrecked! 

Those lovely sons-of-bitches had pulled the front end & engine, cut off the front clip & replaced it during the week.  All while working their day jobs & working on their own cars.  I won the dash & the main that week.

Sure do miss those guys & gals..........

Gearheads make some of the best friends ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2021, 02:26:47 AM »

You called?

NOTE: From an old FacistButt post:
To those wondering who the F&#% Alfred Mercer is, FaceButt, in their finite "wisdom," decided that the only name I have ever been known by or responded to, "Speedy," didn't fit their new vision and locked me out of my account for a day and a half, wouldn't accept Federally issued ID with "Speedy" on it dating back to the early 60's and finally made me scan and send them my driver's license and then changed my account name to my "Legal" name. BTW: My bank seems to have no issues taking checks made out to "Speedy Mercer" and NO ONE, including the vast majority of my blood relatives have EVER called me anything other than "Speedy," the name I got by virtue of being born 9 months and 2 days after my parents were wed and the name I have been called since my birth. I WAS "Herohog," the handle I used on the internet, for years then FaceButt decided it didn't like that but they accepted "Speedy" so I could live with that as I never hid who my real name was.
Now ya know who this person labeled "Alfred Mercer" is. Don't bother calling me that though, I am "Speedy," "Mercer" or even "HeroHog" or "Dr Speed." I have NEVER responded to "Alfred" much to the chagrin of my teachers and the US Navy.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 11:34:14 PM by HeroHog »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2021, 07:59:51 PM »

I do.  I think of them often - usually when I'm driving the twisty back road to work =)

Gearheads make some of the best friends ...

That they do.