Author Topic: Idaho Sheriff Blames Daylight Savings for Pointing a Gun at Girls.....  (Read 443 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Idaho Sheriff Blames Daylight Savings for Pointing a Gun at Girls, Threatening to Shoot Church Group Leader
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/idaho-sheriff-blames-daylight-savings-for-pointing-a-gun-at-girls-threatening-to-shoot-church-group-leader/
Apparently some girls were taping turkey decorations to the front doors of homes in the area.  This ticked off the sheriff. 
When the girls passed his house, driven by their church group leader, the sheriff stopped the car.

She said Rowland looked into the car, pointed his gun at her, then pointed it at two girls sitting in the front passenger seat. The sheriff then aimed the gun back at her, the woman said, and told her to “get the f– out of the car,” the woman reported.

As she moved to put the vehicle in park, the woman said, Rowland grabbed her by the hair, yanked her from the car, and aimed his gun at her face, holding it just inches from her forehead.

Multiple girls inside the car reported hearing the sheriff ask the woman who she was and say “I will f—-shoot you,” according to investigators.

That is a pretty unstable thing to do.  I wonder if he has been that way his whole career or if this is something happening to him recently.  The woman said seh used to live next door to him so it seems like he should have recognized her.  Really odd behavior.

Now, after an investigation by the state attorney general, he’s been charged with felony counts of aggravated battery and aggravated assault, along with a misdemeanor count of exhibition or deadly use of a weapon.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
Re: Idaho Sheriff Blames Daylight Savings for Pointing a Gun at Girls.....
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 05:42:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere on the web that in his written statement  on this incident  he went off on a tangent  about how many "reservation people" they got in Blackwater, and that's why he was on a hair trigger.

Classy guy all around,  it seems.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 07:48:39 PM »
It is my opinion that the vast majority of the cops that exhibit this kind of behavior are not experiencing a sudden psychotic break and have displayed flaming ahole, bullying behavior for ages.  They get away with it primarily because they don't go full rage on the wrong person and because their co-workers don't say or do anything about it because of the whole thin blue line thing.  It would be interesting to see if this character has had prior complaints about excessive use of force or how many bad guys he had to ventilate in the course of duty.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 04:30:42 PM »
He keeps saying it is "purely political".  Wouldn't it be political if they did not pursue charges?  Anyway, I don't see where he is disputing what happened.  I guess we will see. 

Currently, a no-contact order is in place between the sheriff and all members of the youth group. After dispute between the attorneys about how many of those girls' parents actually wanted a no-contact order, Eddins told the prosecution to reach out to each victim to find out their preference. The judge will quash no-contact orders for those who say they do not want them in place, he said.
is this the same as a restraining order?  If so, giving up firearms is the same thing they do to non-LEO's so he should have to do it as well. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 04:59:29 PM »
He keeps saying it is "purely political". 

He has a weird definition of "purely political". There is video and audio evidence of him reading the thank you note someone left him and getting upset enough about a "thank you" that he grabbed a woman in a car full of girls by the hair and stuck a gun to her head. That is psychotic.

If there ends up being anything political about it, it will be that he doesn't get any time in the pokey for something a private citizen would do time for.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."