Author Topic: Finally tried Yuengling  (Read 815 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Finally tried Yuengling
« on: December 29, 2021, 06:52:42 PM »
Finally had a chance to try it. Yeah, I can see what you folks are on about. Two thumbs up.

Just enough hops to offset the sweet without being bitter. Flavors are nicely balanced without being heavy. Finish hints at dry but not enough to become astringent. Good beer.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Finally tried Yuengling
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 07:14:40 PM »
Next, look for their Black and Tan...
Blog under construction

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 08:07:25 PM »
There's a reason we did the reverse Smokey and the Bandit for Yuengling.  Before it was available in the Buckeye, anytime someone went east they'd pass the hat and return with a few cases. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 08:41:56 PM »
Next, look for their Black and Tan...

They started selling their Black and Tan in this area recently.  Picked up a twelve pack expecting it to be good.  It was, very tasty.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 09:09:14 PM »
Kentucky has it.

Unfortunately, I think the closest store is well over 100 miles from me.
Blog under construction

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 09:11:44 PM »
Pretty standard offering here in Virginia, reasonably reliable go to. I get more excited by the few that sell Coors Banquet. But I drink like a beer a month and pretty often it is a Budwizzzer Chelada because it goes with mowing grass. Think I am turning mexican.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 09:17:38 PM »
Ewww... I'd go with Hamm's first. If I could find it.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 09:21:33 PM »
Kentucky has it.

Unfortunately, I think the closest store is well over 100 miles from me.

I would guess 100% of places that sell and/or serve beer in Louisville have it.  Until a few years ago you had to drive out of state to buy it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 09:53:04 PM »
The black and tan is my favorite, especially if you can find it on tap(which is a rarity).

Yuengling Lager is always available in my fridge.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 10:05:50 PM »
You guys forced me to go to the fridge and open a YL Oktoberfest
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 10:27:01 PM »
I live two blocks from a place that brews a VERY tasty porter.

But, alas, they are still shuttered, since most of the trendy locals are still scared to death of the 'Rona.
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2021, 06:26:10 AM »
I grew up in Yuengling country...

Two thumbs down.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2021, 09:37:38 AM »

Two thumbs down.

Kind of a "familiarity breeds contempt" thing?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2021, 10:15:08 AM »
They brew it here in Tampa, so it's pretty readily available. I like it as a good safe choice that is inexpensive,  but it's not in my top ten favorites either.  I prefer the Black and Tan to the Lager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2021, 10:42:41 AM »
Kind of a "familiarity breeds contempt" thing?

More like "that crap is nasty."

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2021, 01:14:59 PM »
Yuengling became available here in TX a few months back. Despite the naysayers, I really like the Traditional Lager, their "Flight" not so much. No other varieties have shown up so far locally.

It's funny, but several years back one of the big liquor store chains (Spec's) used to have a sign posted on their beer cooler that Yuengling was not available in Texas - I guess they were getting a lot of requests in order to post the sign.

I used to drink Sam Adams, but severely limited local availability of the better varieties and - more recently - some unsavory political stances made me quit them.

Ewww... I'd go with Hamm's first. If I could find it.
Back when I lived in Chicago, Hamm's was the only drinkable cheap beer around - IIRC, back then it went for $3.99 for a case of 24. Hamm's was a sponsor of MLB on TV and used to run commercials featuring the Hamm's bear.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2021, 01:48:24 PM »

Two thumbs down.

Same here.  Now I actually think Yuengling brews a good Lager, but I hate Lagers.

As for Black and Tan. Once it was the best beer I’ve had in my life. I can’t stand it though. After walking almost 10 miles with very little water, my hiking/camping partners were not very prepared and went through all there water and very close to all of mine. There was a bar at the exit of the section of the AT we were hiking. They had an outdoor bar with a live band. The only non Lager they had was Black and Tan and damn was that a good beer that single time.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2021, 02:05:21 PM »
I had to do a google search.  Never heard of it.  However, I am not a conosewer of alcoholic beverages.  Keep your fancy beer and just get me a Coors Light.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2021, 03:07:50 PM »
We can't get it in Meecheegun.  It's my go to beer in Florida.  We are in Florida.  Just finished guzzling an extra large, icy cold Y'ling draught at lunch.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2021, 06:46:46 PM »
Anyone try their Hershey Chocolate Porter?  I’ve seen it a few times but haven’t give. It a try yet.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2021, 07:58:50 PM »
I stumbled across this stuff a few years ago.
I've only had the Amber but I find it surprisingly good for a particularly cheap beer.

http://lostlakebeer.com/?age-verified=0e5c38edeb
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2021, 11:51:26 PM »
Anyone try their Hershey Chocolate Porter?  I’ve seen it a few times but haven’t give. It a try yet.

I did at Knob Creek. I bought a 12 pack to test.

We tested it.

We wanted more, but the damn roads were closed by then.
Blog under construction