Author Topic: Solar Power question  (Read 1489 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Solar Power question
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2022, 07:45:45 AM »
The fridge is 12v.  I'm not running an inverter.  Don't  want one, don't  need AC.

The last thing I want to do camping is fire up a generator.  If I wanted to do that, I'd just go buy an RV and live in a campground. Not my style at all.

I need to look into the Li cell charging issues and see if I'm missing anything  obvious beyond heat issues.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Solar Power question
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2022, 08:12:34 AM »
Okay - I'll try to forget about smoking a Schumacher battery charger that I was running off a generator - luckily was mostly done with that shoot... The strobes didn't like that sort of thing either. When I was doing a lot of the cell tower testing, they tried running some of the 110 stuff off a truck stop inverter, and... that wasn't good. Went to the pure sine wave stuff...

You should drop that data point.  Generators produce a fairly clean sine wave output as a rule.  They may vary in frequency a little, but not enough cook well made electronics.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.