Author Topic: GLOBAL WARMING ==> CLIMATE CHANGE ==> GLOOM & DOOM !!!!!  (Read 24871 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: GLOBAL WARMING ==> CLIMATE CHANGE ==> GLOOM & DOOM !!!!!
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2024, 09:22:14 PM »
Watch as multiple climate change protesters storm into the field at Nationals Park, located in Washington, DC as this was taking place during the congressional baseball game, Capitol Police quickly tackled and arrested several individuals who were seen running onto the field during the baseball game Along with a few pro-Palestine protesters who unveiled a Palestinian flag, the crowd booed and chanted "USA!" as they were being removed from their seats

https://x.com/rawsalerts/status/1801050378563203356
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2024, 09:26:02 PM »
The congressional baseball game seems like a not bright place to do that kind of crap after the shooting. Seems like the cops might be more "shoot first and ask questions later" than at other venues.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #252 on: June 12, 2024, 09:33:56 PM »
The congressional baseball game seems like a not bright place to do that kind of crap after the shooting. Seems like the cops might be more "shoot first and ask questions later" than at other venues.

At least none of them had a SKS
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2024, 09:34:11 AM »
Awww, their wittle feelings got hurt

We were brutalized tonight - beaten and bruised as we took over the Congressional Baseball Game. Our bodies are bloodied but our spirits are unmoved. We will build a better world. We will rise again. We will prevail. Just you wait. pic.twitter.com/hganGo5Ogw
    — Climate Defiance (@ClimateDefiance) June 13, 2024

Awww, Break a Nail? Climate Change Loons Cry About Getting WHOOPED at Congressional Ballgame and BAHAHA
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/06/13/climate-defiance-cries-about-getting-their-butts-kicked-on-baseball-field-n2397248

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #254 on: June 18, 2024, 12:50:25 AM »
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #255 on: June 19, 2024, 08:51:57 AM »
Don't think I could have restrained myself from beating the crap out of them

Just Stop Oil protesters have sprayed Stonehenge with orange paint as members of the public were seen trying to drag them away.

Video footage posted on social media showed two people, wearing white shirts with Just Stop Oil emblazoned on the front, running up to the ancient monoliths with canisters and spraying paint all over them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13546769/Just-Stop-Oil-spray-Stonehenge-orange-paint-members-public-try-drag-away.html

Would have been Karma if the big rock behind them decided to fall at that moment

« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 09:10:39 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #256 on: June 19, 2024, 09:53:08 AM »
^^^

My question is still, do these groups not have a PR department? I'm pretty sure that 90% of the global population, regardless of their politics, hates this kind of stuff (we can lump blocking public spaces into it as well). 

Other than the property destruction and public road aggravation, I guess I'm content to know that they are driving people away from their cause, rather than towards it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #257 on: June 19, 2024, 08:58:05 PM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2024, 03:35:45 AM »
I hope Naimh likes wieners, because he's going to be getting a lot of them in prison:

https://twitchy.com/gordon-k/2024/06/19/you-look-exactly-how-i-would-imagine-youd-look-stop-oil-trust-fund-dweeb-reveals-himself-n2397422

How about celebrating my right to live a life free from graffiti and destruction caused by idiot climate activists?

My Druid ancestors are not amused.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2024, 07:15:15 AM »
When did this orange paint thing start?
Reportedly they were targeting Taylor Swift's plane which wasn't there.
Honestly if they did limit their attacks to the hypocritical elites many of whom actually support them while being some of the biggest polluters it wouldn't bother me that much if at all. In fact I just might actually enjoy it.  >:D

Just Stop Oil stunt backfires again as eco zealots claim to have targeted VIP airfield where Taylor Swift's private jet was parked... but Stansted say it's NOT there
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13549667/Just-Stop-Oil-break-VIP-airfield-Taylor-Swifts-luxury-private-jet-parked-throw-orange-paint-planes.html
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 07:50:36 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2024, 10:33:45 PM »
Don't think I could have restrained myself from beating the crap out of them

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13546769/Just-Stop-Oil-spray-Stonehenge-orange-paint-members-public-try-drag-away.html

Would have been Karma if the big rock behind them decided to fall at that moment.

Fortunately, it wasn't paint but colored cornstarch.  It should wash off with the first decent rainstorm.
Or they can get a pumper truck out to hose it down.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #261 on: June 23, 2024, 11:18:17 AM »
Ride a bike naked in front of children to fight climate change

Another participant said, "One of the things that I love about the ride is seeing families out there with parents with their kids saying, 'Hey, look at the naked riders. Wave at the naked riders,' things like that. The ones that are doing that are sending their children very important message that this is not weird, this is not strange."

Yes it is weird and strange.  :facepalm:
IMHO this is as bad or even worse than the naked trannies at a pride parade because at least if you take your children to a tranny/pride parade you already know what to possibly expect while this group is biking around town coming to you and your children.

Wisconsin parents fuming after climate protesters strip down naked during public protest, official says
https://www.foxnews.com/media/wisconsin-parents-fuming-after-climate-protesters-strip-down-naked-during-public-protest-official-says
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #262 on: June 23, 2024, 06:02:58 PM »
Golf was actually exciting for a few moments

Protestors stormed the 18th green during the final round of the Travelers Championship Sunday afternoon.
The fairway invaders, who appeared to be wearing climate change messages on their t-shirts, tossed red, white and yellow powder at the golf course, with one even trampling through a greenside bunker.

Tee shirts reads "No golf on a dead planet"

Climate change protestors disrupt Travelers Championship after storming 18th green before crucial Scottie Scheffler putt
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-13560869/travelers-championship-climate-change-protestors-pga-tour.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #263 on: June 23, 2024, 07:56:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/NikolovScience/status/1804197585143447870

While working on a paper using CERES satellite data, I discovered that the latest IPCC Report grossly misrepresented CERES observations of reflected solar and outgoing LW radiation.
In Chapter 7 of WG1 Contribution, Fig. 7.3 shows INVERTED trends of reflected solar & LW fluxes!

Misrepresenting the CERES data in this manner implies a deliberate fraud committed by the lead authors of Chapter 7, because the trends of reflected solar and outgoing LW fluxes have been inverted via multiplying the original CERES anomalies by -1.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2024, 04:07:13 PM »

Ditch your EV, your windmills and your solar panels because they're killing Gaia.
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2024, 09:58:10 AM »
Liberal In Private Jet Upset As He Looks Down And Sees All The Cows Causing Climate Change
https://babylonbee.com/news/liberal-in-private-jet-upset-as-he-looks-down-and-sees-all-the-cows-causing-climate-change
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2024, 03:27:59 PM »
Meanwhile in Germany
Disclose.tv
@disclosetv
NOW - Climate radicals attack Tesla Center in Hamburg, Germany.

https://x.com/disclosetv/status/1812053478681796919

- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #267 on: July 13, 2024, 04:41:34 PM »
One interesting thing about glacial retreat is all of the artifacts they are finding, wait, how did they get under all the ice? Oh, that's right, they were there when it was grass. Something you aren't hearing.

bob

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #268 on: July 13, 2024, 07:04:02 PM »
At least 5 Tesla Supercharger locations targeted in Houston in past week, but motive remains unclear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLjHdlsS7ks

Thieves cut charging cables at Tesla charging stations for copper. 

Many years ago (late '80s) I accidentally cut through a live 120v line with sidecutters.  Blew the tip of the sidecutters (I kept them as a lesson for a while), and I could swear I saw a flash from the breaker box rooms away.

One wonders about this, how safe it is, if there's tech in place to kill the line if someone starts cutting away at it.  Could be quite the show.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #269 on: July 13, 2024, 07:07:09 PM »
In China, that is a feature, not a bug.

Plenty of Chinamen.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2024, 03:26:55 PM »
The Biden admin can't get out of here soon enough
I think much of the article is click bait but you should get the point.

As part of a new strategy to fight climate change, scientists are proposing dropping toxic sodium hydroxide into the ocean just 10 miles southwest of Martha's Vineyard as soon as September of this year, angering both locals and environmental groups.

Researchers at the Massachusetts-based Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) are awaiting approval from the EPA to release a 6,600-gallon mixture of sodium hydroxide solution and freshwater into the Atlantic, in hopes that this will boost the ocean's ability to absorb carbon dioxide emissions.

Wealthy Martha's Vineyard residents fume as scientists look to drop highly corrosive substance into ocean near the ritzy island
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13656441/scientists-propose-drop-sodium-hydroxide-solution-open-ocean-marthas-vineyard.html
- Calvin and Hobbes