Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 135688 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #1200 on: April 02, 2022, 01:23:25 PM »
Bodies seen strewn across road in town near Kyiv

Journalists from the AFP news agency with the first Ukrainian troops to enter the town of Bucha after Russian troops retreated have seen at least 20 bodies strewn along a single road.

Bucha, just outside Kyiv, has witnessed some of the heaviest fighting in recent weeks.

In footage posted online, bodies were seen along a road in the town as if they had been dumped from the back of a truck. All appeared to be wearing civilian clothes.

Some have their hands tied, with bullet wounds to the head.

Footage shows residential buildings with gaping holes from shellfire, and crushed cars littering the streets.

Bucha - along with nearby Irpin - has seen weeks of fierce fighting, as the Russians tried to encircle the capital.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60949706
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1202 on: April 02, 2022, 01:37:05 PM »
 Almost 300 People Buried In "Mass Grave" In Bucha Outside Kyiv: Mayor
"In Bucha, we have already buried 280 people in mass graves," mayor Anatoly Fedoruk said.
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/russia-ukraine-crisis-almost-300-people-buried-in-mass-grave-in-bucha-outside-kyiv-mayor-2859291
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1203 on: April 02, 2022, 01:38:04 PM »
After looking through some photos of towns around Kyiv the Russians had pulled out of I need a drink
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1204 on: April 02, 2022, 01:55:00 PM »
That's really sick - and I mean that in the traditional sense of the word.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #1207 on: April 02, 2022, 03:15:03 PM »
Ugh  =(

Do they want foreign intervention?  Seems like going on a genocidal rampage against civilians is a good way to get it.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1208 on: April 02, 2022, 03:25:24 PM »
If this is accurate looks like the Russians have pretty much pulled out of the Kyiv area

« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 03:38:17 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1210 on: April 02, 2022, 03:35:59 PM »
Flooding in Sviyatohirsk after dam was blown up on Siversky Donets river near Izyum
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/2-april-flooding-in-sviyatohirsk-after-dam-was-blown-up-on
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1211 on: April 02, 2022, 06:27:18 PM »
Dear God.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1213 on: April 02, 2022, 08:39:34 PM »
UK sending long(er) range artillery and armored vehicles to Ukraine:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/uk-send-long-range-weapons-183235859.html
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1214 on: April 02, 2022, 09:00:18 PM »
Jim Sciutto
@jimsciutto
Breaking: US is expected to help facilitate transfer of tanks from NATO allies to Ukraine, according to senior US officials. The tanks will be Soviet-era T-72 tanks, which Ukrainian military has experience operating and will be delivered “within days, not weeks,” I’m told.
3:48 PM · Apr 2, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1215 on: April 02, 2022, 09:47:53 PM »
One commander said all men aged between 18 and 60 had been rounded up and executed by Moscow's soldiers

Whether true or propaganda, that could drive a lot of Ukrainian men to either flee or fight. No middle ground.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1216 on: April 02, 2022, 10:02:37 PM »
Ukraine war: Bucha street littered with burned-out tanks and corpses
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60970818

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1218 on: April 03, 2022, 12:43:40 AM »
There are "allegations" out there that the Russians are mining nearly everything they can as they pull back, even bodies in the streets.  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #1219 on: April 03, 2022, 03:40:17 AM »
I think the Ukrainians will no longer take any prisoners.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1220 on: April 03, 2022, 09:45:24 AM »
Lots of videos of showing Russian prisoners anyone seen any showing Ukrainians?
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1221 on: April 03, 2022, 10:00:02 AM »
Lots of videos of showing Russian prisoners anyone seen any showing Ukrainians?
Don't think the Soviets Russians allow cameras in their labor camps and gulags.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1222 on: April 03, 2022, 10:30:17 AM »
Meanwhile

Russians die after Kharkiv locals hand out poisoned pies, Ukraine says

The pies were handed out in the Kharkiv region, Ukraine saidImage caption: The pies were handed out in the Kharkiv region, Ukraine said

Two Russian soldiers died and 28 were hospitalised after local people in the Kharkiv region of Ukraine gave them pies laced with poison - according to the Ukraine Ministry of Defence.

In an intelligence update, it described Ukrainians as "resisting the occupiers by all available means" and claimed the affected troops were from Russia's 3rd Motorised Rifle Division.

The ministry also said a further 500 Russian troops were hospitalised with "severe alcohol poisoning of unknown origin".

The BBC has been unable to verify the claims.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60949706
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1224 on: April 03, 2022, 12:50:54 PM »
All this news about Russian destruction and mass murders lends credence to the suggestion that Putin isn't at all interested in defending Russian-speaking residents in eastern Ukraine. All he's after is the natural resources, and the fewer people and less infrastructure left when he's finished will just make it easier for the Russians to start extracting gas and oil.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design