Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 134872 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #1825 on: October 03, 2022, 07:09:07 PM »
SNL "The Navy" S4E15 1979
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhioeOeOHsA

Sort of like this one.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #1826 on: October 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM »
Seems Russia has deployed one of their ballistic missile subs.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russian-nuclear-submarine-armed-doomsday-weapon-disappears-arctic-harbor-report

A top-of-the-line Russian nuclear-powered submarine has gone missing from its harbor in the Arctic along with its rumored "doomsday weapon," according to multiple reports.

NATO has reportedly warned members that Russia's Belgorod submarine no longer appeared to be operating out of its White Sea base, where it has been active since July. Officials warned that Russia may plan to test Belgorod's "Poseidon" weapons system, a drone equipped with a nuclear bomb that Russia has claimed is capable of creating a "radioactive tsunami," according to Italian media.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1827 on: October 03, 2022, 11:05:41 PM »
Seems Russia has deployed one of their ballistic missile subs

Either that or it sank at the pier.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1828 on: October 04, 2022, 07:08:17 AM »
My guess is that it already has two American attach submarines shadowing it with fireing solutions locked...

This Tom Clancy *expletive deleted*it is getting a little out of hand.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1829 on: October 04, 2022, 07:28:23 AM »
My guess is that it already has two American attach submarines shadowing it with fireing solutions locked...

And in the one thread where RKL needs to post his favorite youtubz clip, he has not yet posted his favorite youtubz clip...  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1830 on: October 04, 2022, 09:09:43 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woQKGOrjpYs
Reporters Go Into Panic Mode As Based Man Spits Facts Against The Narrative LIVE

This guy mentioned radar showing US helicopters circling the area of the pipeline break.  I hadn't heard that. 

If that was the actual people who did the destruction, they weren't trying to hide very much.  I would have expected us to do it more quietly.  Which makes me question the narrative.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1831 on: October 04, 2022, 09:33:55 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woQKGOrjpYs
Reporters Go Into Panic Mode As Based Man Spits Facts Against The Narrative LIVE

This guy mentioned radar showing US helicopters circling the area of the pipeline break.  I hadn't heard that. 

If that was the actual people who did the destruction, they weren't trying to hide very much.  I would have expected us to do it more quietly.  Which makes me question the narrative.
If WE blew up a Russian pipeline, I would expect the Russians to retaliate by cutting one or more of our own undersea pipelines or cables. They wouldn't necessarily nuke Washington, a "tit-for-tat" response would probably be more likely.

Hmmm . . . China could blow up a Russian pipeline . . . then China could blow up a US pipeline . . . and then sit back and watch what happens.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #1832 on: October 04, 2022, 10:47:41 AM »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1833 on: October 04, 2022, 11:27:31 AM »
I would take reports of a Russian nuclear armed and nuclear powered autonomous weapon with a large grain of salt.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1834 on: October 04, 2022, 11:37:38 AM »
And in the one thread where RKL needs to post his favorite youtubz clip, he has not yet posted his favorite youtubz clip...  =D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpgYCaYlya8
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1835 on: October 04, 2022, 11:51:25 AM »

The "doomsday weapon" reference had me thinking Dr. Strangelove.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1837 on: October 04, 2022, 04:21:12 PM »
If WE blew up a Russian pipeline, I would expect the Russians to retaliate by cutting one or more of our own undersea pipelines or cables. They wouldn't necessarily nuke Washington, a "tit-for-tat" response would probably be more likely.

Hmmm . . . China could blow up a Russian pipeline . . . then China could blow up a US pipeline . . . and then sit back and watch what happens.
Circle back to the Russian sub and where it is going. 

Could just be going to the Black Sea to sink some transports.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1838 on: October 04, 2022, 04:24:56 PM »
Circle back to the Russian sub and where it is going. 

Could just be going to the Black Sea to sink some transports.

Russia has plenty of anti-ship air assets that can do that.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #1839 on: October 05, 2022, 03:29:03 PM »
We've seen too much "Russia gonna nuke Ukraine" propaganda. Are the nuke rumblings really coming from Russian sources or "western" sources trying to gen up "justification for a preemptive nuclear NATO/US first strike against Russia...

Lots of Russian sources and Putin himself. Putin even made a speech 8 days ago saying he was serious and not bluffing, which was sort of a reference to how often he has made nuclear threats.

Russian state TV has been talking about a full nuclear holocaust ever since their army redeployed after the Kyiv siege failed. One news lady talks about how a full nuclear exchange will lead to Russians getting raptured while the soulless westerners will simply cease to exist.

Speak The Truth Youtube Channel frequently talks about how much he sees Russian State news talk about nuclear war vs how little he hears about it from the west.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #1840 on: October 05, 2022, 04:27:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/KonstantinKisin/status/1577291302143758336

:lol:

Putin makes at least a couple good points. 

Quote from: Konstantin’s Twitter thread
You cannot feed your people with printed dollars and social media. You need food and energy. But Western elites have no desire to find a solution to the food and energy crises *they* (emphasis his) created.

They're crazy. I want to speak to all Russian citizens, do we want to replace mum and dad with parent 1 and 2?  They invented genders and claim you can "transition". Do we want this for our children?

We have a different vision.

They have abandoned religion and embraced Satanism - direct quote.

Putin’s still off his rocker.  Those points might fall under the “broken clocks and blind squirrels” headings.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1841 on: October 05, 2022, 04:48:20 PM »
We think the leftists don't represent the US, but people elsewhere may not see it that way. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1843 on: October 05, 2022, 10:33:16 PM »
Of course the elite in the USA are evil, he has got that right.

And of course the same is true of Russia.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1845 on: October 07, 2022, 10:13:56 AM »
I for one am grateful we have a president and administration who are more than qualified to deal with these difficult times.

In other words we are so *expletive deleted*ed
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1846 on: October 07, 2022, 10:40:46 AM »
Looking for a silver lining:

https://www.dw.com/en/will-fracking-make-a-comeback-in-germany-in-face-of-gas-crunch/a-62814035

Fracking? Holy Frack, someone send John Kerry over there on his Carbonmobile Jet to hecktor the Krauts about how they can't harm the environment!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1847 on: October 07, 2022, 12:12:15 PM »
I for one am grateful we have a president and administration who are more than qualified to deal with these difficult times.

In other words we are so *expletive deleted*ed

Case in point

President Biden said in an address to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee on Thursday night that the country under his leadership is as close to “Armageddon” as it has been since the Cuban Missile Crisis in the 1960s.

Speaking at a fundraiser in New York, Biden addressed Russian President Vladimir Putin threatening to use a nuclear weapon.

“[Putin was] not joking when he talks about the use of tactical nuclear weapons or biological or chemical weapons,” Biden said. “We have not faced the prospect of Armageddon since Kennedy and the Cuban Missile Crisis.”

Then he goes on vacation

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/10/07/biden-says-world-is-closest-to-nuclear-armageddon-since-cuban-missile-crisis-heads-to-delaware-for-the-weekend/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #1848 on: October 07, 2022, 06:35:13 PM »
I always wondered what living under the specter of looming nuclear war was like but was born at the end of the Cold War but hey, looks like I get to find out first hand!
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1849 on: October 07, 2022, 09:16:53 PM »
I always wondered what living under the specter of looming nuclear war was like but was born at the end of the Cold War but hey, looks like I get to find out first hand!

"Duck and cover"