Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 135474 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #2350 on: May 03, 2023, 09:31:26 AM »
Reichstag Fire. Report of a failed drone attack on Putin’s residence.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2351 on: May 03, 2023, 09:39:13 AM »
Reichstag Fire. Report of a failed drone attack on Putin’s residence.

Followed by a bunch more of Putin's cronies failing their personal flight checks and hard landing under their hotel windows.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2352 on: May 03, 2023, 09:48:46 AM »
[Ron Perlman Voice] War.  War never changes. [/Ron Perlman voice]

https://twitter.com/cossackgundi/status/1650441634792734720

And then some rather odd characters show up, The Mask and Deadpool, in part 2. Even has a The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBgAf728uL8
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2353 on: May 03, 2023, 11:05:05 AM »
[Ron Perlman Voice] War.  War never changes. [/Ron Perlman voice]

https://twitter.com/cossackgundi/status/1650441634792734720

Nice Spiderman moment at 0:22
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2354 on: May 03, 2023, 01:27:13 PM »
Looks like a couple of small drones hit the Kremlin leaving no damage.  Wonder if it was Ukraine, someone inside Russia unhappy with the war, or Russia itself trying to blame Ukraine….

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2355 on: May 03, 2023, 10:47:07 PM »
The French Police got hit harder yesterday then that crap drone.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2356 on: May 04, 2023, 07:56:14 AM »
Looks like a couple of small drones hit the Kremlin leaving no damage.  Wonder if it was Ukraine, someone inside Russia unhappy with the war, or Russia itself trying to blame Ukraine….

I'm leaning towards false flag.
Small drones with no clear target that apparently clause little to no damage seems like a pretty lame stupid way to assassinate someone. Add to that we've seen no evidence there even were drones hitting the Kremlin that night other than what could have been staged small explosions. Now we got some in Russian calling for Zelensky to be assassinated with even some calling for Kyiv  to be nuked.

Ranting Moscow security chiefs including former President Medvedev call for Zelensky to be ASSASSINATED and Kyiv destroyed in nuke revenge for drone strikes at the Kremlin... as Ukraine denies trying to blow up Putin
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12043055/Russias-ex-leader-calls-Zelensky-KILLED-revenge-drone-strikes-Kremlin.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2357 on: May 04, 2023, 08:32:18 AM »
Russia today made the bizarre claim that the United States masterminded a kamikaze drone strike on the Kremlin that Moscow insisted was intended to assassinate Vladimir Putin.

A day after the Kremlin blamed Ukraine for the alleged drone strike on Putin's Kremlin residence, the despot's furious officials sought to shift the focus on the US by claiming Washington had ordered the attack.

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov insisted - without providing evidence - the US was 'undoubtedly' behind the strike that he said was carried out by Ukraine - claims the White House dismissed as 'lies'.

Peskov declined to say whether Russia saw Zelensky as a legitimate target. He said Russia had an array of options and the response, when it came, would be carefully considered and balanced. He said an urgent investigation was underway, but could not say when the results would be known.

But within hours of those threats, around 40 explosive-laden drones - some with 'for Moscow' and 'for the Kremlin' written on them - were fired at Kyiv, Odesa and Zaporizhzhia.

Russia accuses the US of orchestrating kamikaze drone 'assassination attempt' on Putin: Extraordinary claim after Ukraine is blitzed in 'revenge' - but UK spooks say Kremlin 'attack' was false flag
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12046333/Russia-accuses-orchestrating-kamikaze-drone-assassination-attempt-Putin.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2358 on: May 04, 2023, 08:57:38 AM »
"I'm leaning towards false flag."

Ya think?

I just snorted when I saw the first reports of this incident.

The only people who believe this are Putin and a few dedicated Putin Peter Puffers in Russia.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2359 on: May 04, 2023, 09:31:09 AM »
If they have jamming active around the Kremlin, could that be a cause for why the drone looked ineffective?  I agree that it doesn't look like any serious attack, just thinking through potential alternatives.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2360 on: May 04, 2023, 09:42:17 AM »
I agree that it feels like a false flag.

That said, I think the outrage about getting hit while engaging in a major war with a neighboring country is kind of stupid.  Russia should expect internal military and government facilities to be targets.

I suspect the only reason Ukraine hasn't done more of that is for foreign optics - maintain the moral high ground and keep the aid flowing.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2361 on: May 04, 2023, 10:13:08 AM »
Wasn't Zelensky specifically targeted early on in the war? Sauce for the goose and all that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2362 on: May 04, 2023, 10:15:19 AM »
If it was a false flag, you would figure it would be more impressive... the video was pretty pathetic.  But then again, this is Russia we are talking.  They probably can't even competently bomb themselves.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2363 on: May 04, 2023, 10:18:54 AM »
If it was a false flag, you would figure it would be more impressive... the video was pretty pathetic.  But then again, this is Russia we are talking.  They probably can't even competently bomb themselves.

It strikes as something more for show than to do actual damage. Now of course that works both ways.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2364 on: May 04, 2023, 10:43:44 AM »
It strikes as something more for show than to do actual damage. Now of course that works both ways.
Yes.  It was such a huge and dangerous explosion it almost damaged a flag. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2365 on: May 04, 2023, 10:52:27 AM »
The video made it look a lot more like a firework rather than a military-grade warhead.

I suspect if the Ukrainians were attacking the Kremlin with a drone, it would have been effective rather than ineffectual in causing damage - if it got through whatever air defenses the Russkies have in Moscow at all.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 08:30:57 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2366 on: May 04, 2023, 11:20:05 AM »
Was the explosion the drone detonating or was the drone hit with an explosive countermeasure?

It looked to me like it blew up above the roof, not on impact.  Obviously it could have triggered an explosion at a distance from the target, but I assumed it was interdicted with a small SAM or something.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2367 on: May 04, 2023, 04:40:25 PM »
There were two drones, and the first clearly hit the dome.  THe second which seems to be what everyone saw looks to have detonated over the top of the target area.

The blast looks to me like a small EFP, and since we've seen drones with RPG warheads as the payload, I'd speculate it was one of those unless better evidence presents itself.  It looks like it was supposed to nose over and blow into the dome, and either detonated by position, or was command detonated early for some reason.

I saw no evidence of either a MANPAD or a gun system like a C-RAM/ZSU that would be used for Air Defense in a situation like this.  The drones seem to have gotten there unmolested.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2368 on: May 04, 2023, 08:22:03 PM »
I'm leaning towards false flag.

I agree.

I'm pretty certain that if Ukraine had done it, even if it didn't outright kill Putin it would have done enough damage to scare the crap out of him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2369 on: May 04, 2023, 08:31:54 PM »
I blame Trump and the NRA.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2370 on: May 04, 2023, 10:14:08 PM »
Putin Retaliates For Assassination Attempt By Misgendering Admiral Levine
https://babylonbee.com/news/putin-retaliates-for-assassination-attempt-by-misgendering-admiral-levine
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2371 on: May 05, 2023, 09:04:55 AM »
Putin Retaliates For Assassination Attempt By Misgendering Admiral Levine
https://babylonbee.com/news/putin-retaliates-for-assassination-attempt-by-misgendering-admiral-levine

This is getting serious, to the point it's clear we cannot win.  We'd better surrender.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2372 on: May 05, 2023, 09:11:57 AM »
This is getting serious, to the point it's clear we cannot win.  We'd better surrender.

I think you have it backwards. The Brandon administration will launch our entire nuclear arsenal at everybody in retaliation for this crime against humanity.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2373 on: May 05, 2023, 10:57:54 AM »
I think you have it backwards. The Brandon administration will launch our entire nuclear arsenal at everybody in retaliation for this crime against humanity.
This isn't a crisis, it's an opportunity.

Somebody tell Brandon the national headquarters of the Proud Boys, Q-Anon, Ultra Maga Republicans, and the NRA are all in Washington, D.C., with branches in NYC, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.   >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2374 on: May 05, 2023, 11:41:31 AM »
Calling this an assassination attempt would be akin to calling John Wilkes Booth shooting a rubber band at Lincoln from across the theater a assassination attempt.
- Calvin and Hobbes