Main Forums > Politics

War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....

<< < (2/625) > >>

Pb:
Well, war with Russia would be about one of the worst things imaginable.  I'm not interested in dying in a nuclear fireball.  I hope Biden isn't that stupid.   ;/

WLJ:
Finland just ordered a bunch of F-35s last month.

Finland Orders 64 Lockheed F-35 Fighter Jets for $9.4 Billion
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2021-12-10/lockheed-f-35-jet-wins-finnish-fighter-competition-source

Poland ordered two dozen.

Nick1911:

--- Quote from: Pb on January 18, 2022, 10:10:12 AM ---Well, war with Russia would be about one of the worst things imaginable.  I'm not interested in dying in a nuclear fireball.  I hope Biden isn't that stupid.   ;/

--- End quote ---

I would expect a proxy war, with the US funneling money and weapons to Ukrainian insurgents and mercs.  I don't think either the US or Russia really want a war with each other.  That said, regional conflicts lead to WWI without the parties involved really wanting it to, so it can happen.

I'm sure Russia is also acutely aware of just how much they can push the US around without a meaningful response.

230RN:
I've often said that, except for latter-day politics, we have more culture in common with Russia than any of the other Easterners.

Middle or Far.

But maybe I'm wrong.  Are there any Chinese Christmas ballets?

WLJ:
Russia has a smaller GDP than S. Korea. Let that sink in for a moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version