Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 130879 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #2450 on: May 21, 2023, 10:40:13 AM »
I am not familiar with this site, but the story seems a bit outrageous. 

United States Offers LGM-30G Minuteman III Missiles to Ukraine with a No-Strike Agreement on Russia
https://bnn.network/breaking-news/united-states-offers-lgm-30g-minuteman-iii-missiles-to-ukraine-with-a-no-strike-agreement-on-russia/
This is either the fanciful imagining of a troll (most likely) or is someone's clumsy attempt at disinformation. 

Russia: Are you Yankees really giving Ukraine ICBMs?
USA: No comment
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2451 on: May 21, 2023, 10:53:29 AM »
Okay, yeah, I didn't catch the news service at the link. In a cursory webz search, all I found related to the Minuteman, the US, and Ukraine, was that the US is delaying a test launch so as not to aggravate the ruskies more.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2452 on: May 21, 2023, 11:10:20 AM »
Established in 2022 by accomplished entrepreneur Gurbaksh Chahal, BNN Breaking is an independent news network that is transforming the landscape of journalism and news coverage in contemporary society. We challenge the norms of traditional journalism by providing a superior approach to reporting and disseminating the news.

Our commitment is to deliver honest, fact-based, and unbiased international reporting that can be trusted. We strive to help citizens address the issues that matter most in their lives.

We are the trailblazers, the guardians, and the truth-seekers. Our purpose is not to sell you a story but to provide you with the facts. The choice of what to do next is yours.
https://bnn.network/about/

"We are the trailblazers, the guardians, and the truth-seekers"

Rest of the page is them giving themselves fellatio

Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, successful entrepreneur, author, and philanthropist Gurbaksh Chahal recognized the need for a factual, data-driven news network to deliver fast, accurate, and unbiased news across all formats. Thus, BNN Breaking was born.

Chahal understands the profound impact journalism and news reporting can have on lives worldwide.

Since the age of 16, he has been leveraging groundbreaking technology to develop solutions that benefit businesses, communities, government agencies, and organizations globally.

In addition to revolutionizing news delivery through BNN Breaking, Chahal serves as Chairman and CEO of three rapidly expanding companies: Medriva, Procurenet, and RedLotus.

Googled the guy. what he writes about himself makes Trump's ego look puny in comparison. Served jail time for assault.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2453 on: May 21, 2023, 12:06:56 PM »
Russia says they've taken Bakhmut, Ukraine say they haven't.

So, that's what, the 43rd time that the Commies have claimed to have taken Bakhmut?

Fool me 42 times, shame on you...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2454 on: May 21, 2023, 12:11:32 PM »
Yeah.... no.

Minuteman missiles are silo-launched nuclear strike missiles.

There's nothing mobile about them. No way in hell would we give Ukraine a weapon like that with the chance that they would fall into Russian hands.

I got about 3 sentences into that "news" report and closed it. Not worth any time.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2455 on: May 21, 2023, 12:36:06 PM »
Yeah.... no.

Minuteman missiles are silo-launched nuclear strike missiles.

There's nothing mobile about them. No way in hell would we give Ukraine a weapon like that with the chance that they would fall into Russian hands.

I got about 3 sentences into that "news" report and closed it. Not worth any time.

Not to worry, a construction company with ties to Hunter will dig silos for them.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2456 on: May 21, 2023, 09:10:18 PM »
And Biden gave them another $350 million while bitching about the debt limit.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2457 on: May 21, 2023, 09:19:37 PM »
And Biden gave them another $350 million while bitching about the debt limit.
Was this actual military aid (things that go boom) or was it another contribution to their pension system?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2458 on: May 21, 2023, 09:28:35 PM »
Slight thread veer, but Garand Thumb put out a video today with examples of the small arms being used in the conflict. Interesting to me was the resurgence of the battle rifle. According to GT, due to oodles of high quality .308 being made available, and also to defeat body armor.

https://youtu.be/VIrXvwJZE7w
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2459 on: May 22, 2023, 10:21:46 AM »
Okay, yeah, I didn't catch the news service at the link. In a cursory webz search, all I found related to the Minuteman, the US, and Ukraine, was that the US is delaying a test launch so as not to aggravate the ruskies more.
That is all I saw as well.  Just the idea of us handing over missiles like that is absurd enough, but only seeing the story on one site is suspicious. 

However, I can easily see some idiot in the Biden admin hearing about them being taken out of service/replaced and asked if they could be given to Ukraine (not knowing what they were). 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2460 on: May 22, 2023, 11:30:28 AM »
I'm really surprised that we've not seen any SKS rifles so far.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2461 on: May 22, 2023, 11:39:09 AM »
I'm really surprised that we've not seen any SKS rifles so far.

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2462 on: May 22, 2023, 11:39:45 AM »
Found on Facebook, SKS being used in sniping roles by both sides in Ukraine. original link in comments.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SKS/comments/vbqrvm/found_on_facebook_sks_being_used_in_sniping_roles/
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2463 on: May 22, 2023, 11:56:40 AM »
Well there we go.

I guess we bloodthirsty gun loving weapons of war buying 'muricans didn't get them all.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2464 on: May 22, 2023, 12:02:09 PM »
Basically if it shoots and you can find ammo for it you'll probably find it being used there.
Some laugh at Mosins being used. A Mosin-Nagant will kill you today just as well as it did in 1891 and there's plenty of ammo. Same goes for the SKS.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 01:00:04 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2465 on: May 23, 2023, 11:53:00 AM »
Another critic of the war dies

DEATH IN THE SKIES Another mystery Russian death as minister ‘who condemned Putin’s war in Ukraine’ falls fatally ill on flight to Moscow
https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkx54uMnJuI7yehetrJZJ9syZPMwYsoPHSr
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2466 on: May 23, 2023, 12:24:18 PM »
Ukraine War Q&A Series: How Long Can This War Last? || Peter Zeihan
Zeihan on Geopolitics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21LwJSw_EgA

In the 2nd half of the video, he made some interesting comments about the demographics of the Ukraine and Russia and effects of things like Russia pulling Ukrainian children out and putting them with families all over Russia. 

I am not sure if I agree with his comments about Russia's reserve of equipment.  I don't know how much of that old equipment is still any good or whether it has been maintained.  Some of it helps I am sure, but how much?  We know some has been sold off over the years.  Then he makes the opposite argument about US inventories.  Also, pre-optics tanks have limited usefulness on a modern battlefield assuming the enemy has thermal optics and anti-armor weapons.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2467 on: May 23, 2023, 12:28:24 PM »
Same guy comments on markets and China.  A couple comments on China's navy at the beginning caught my attention and jive with what I have heard other people say.  China's navy is not close to being ready to operate more than locally near China. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY9YLES8X8g

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2468 on: May 23, 2023, 12:40:01 PM »
I am not sure if I agree with his comments about Russia's reserve of equipment.  I don't know how much of that old equipment is still any good or whether it has been maintained.  Some of it helps I am sure, but how much?
I saw an interesting video about that a month or so ago.  Some dude on the internet casually tasks satellites to check up on Russian tank storage depots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PHUK6zkbpc

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2469 on: May 23, 2023, 01:18:24 PM »
I saw an interesting video about that a month or so ago.  Some dude on the internet casually tasks satellites to check up on Russian tank storage depots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PHUK6zkbpc

Great link. I'm going down the rabbit hole of his channel just to see if I can discover his hardware/software and sats that he's pinging.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2470 on: May 23, 2023, 01:25:10 PM »
Great link. I'm going down the rabbit hole of his channel just to see if I can discover his hardware/software and sats that he's pinging.
I'm pretty sure he paid a commercial satellite imagery provider to do it - I don't think he was pulling it off the sat directly.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2472 on: May 29, 2023, 08:07:14 PM »
S. Korea's evil giggle at the end is killing me  :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0X1n8meu0OY
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2473 on: June 04, 2023, 10:16:05 AM »
Not sure where this happened or even if it has anything to do with the war

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PNiVJx1DvZw

Edit: Okay, way down in the comments

No one was hurt they were all spectators she was laughing at her boyfriend. Everyone on the beach was spectators they were detonating a drill hole to seal it. That's a man made island with an oil Derrick's setting on top of it. When the oil ran dry they sent explosives down the hole and detonated them. Sealing the hole keeping oil from seeping into the ocean. Standard practice on the coastline of some countys. The people along the coastlines are always alerted so they come to spectate at a reasonable distance and when it goes off and scares somebody that's waiting for it. It's sort of a funny situation.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes