Author Topic: Turning Our Dead into Fertilizer  (Read 1158 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Turning Our Dead into Fertilizer
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2022, 05:16:29 PM »
Not really. Cold storage gives a lot of time. "Because of covid" the mortuary and cemetery couldn't hold my dad's service until a couple of weeks after he passed.

Okay, my Dad is still in a box, which should go to explaining my definition of fairly quickly...  :P

Embalmed or not, it's getting the permission for private property that might not be timely. And if you want to be buried outside of a cemetery, that pretty much means private property.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2022, 07:38:48 PM »
Oh, and I think all of you guys here would make GREAT fertilizer because you're so... full... of... *expletive deleted*it...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2022, 09:07:41 AM »
My parents told me they have small plots already purchased and plan to be cremated.  I may have to ask them about that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2022, 10:16:02 AM »
My parents told me they have small plots already purchased and plan to be cremated.  I may have to ask them about that.

Louise had everything arranged for herself. All Katie had to do was call the funeral home and they took care of the rest.

It's takes out a lot of the more tedious crap you have to deal with when you're mourning. All you should need is the name and number of the funeral home.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds