Author Topic: Snow in the Sahara  (Read 426 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Snow in the Sahara
« on: January 20, 2022, 08:05:57 AM »
Not entirely unknown to happen
Pictures at the links

SNOW falls in the SAHARA: Ice blankets the dunes in rare desert phenomenon after temperatures plummeted overnight
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10414161/SNOW-falls-SAHARA-ice-blankets-dunes-rare-desert-phenomenon.html

In pictures: Snow falls in Algeria's Sahara Desert
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-60045153
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Snow in the Sahara
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 08:31:48 AM »
Hockey-stick snow.  The freezing temperature of water has been rising dangerously for the past six months due to global warming and Donald Trump and salinization of the atmosphere due to extreme right-wing unproven propaganda.

Water now freezes at 35°F (1.67°C).

The science is settled.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 08:58:52 AM »
Hockey-stick snow.  The freezing temperature of water has been rising dangerously for the past six months due to global warming and Donald Trump and salinization of the atmosphere due to extreme right-wing unproven propaganda.

Water now freezes at 35°F (1.67°C).

The science is settled.

The best explanation I've heard yet.  Oh, and water is inherently racist.  And so is snow because it disproportionately affects POC.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 09:01:40 AM »
The best explanation I've heard yet.  Oh, and water is inherently racist.  And so is snow because it disproportionately affects POC.

Well snow is.....white
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 11:25:05 AM »
Heck, one time running from El Paso to points northeast, the interstate was moving at about 35mph, with trucks off the side... Dispatch called, wondered why... "Well, it's snowing and it's nasty and I can't talk."

High desert, don'tchaknow...
Blog under construction