Author Topic: "Children are more smarter than we think they are."  (Read 446 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Children are more smarter than we think they are."
« on: January 21, 2022, 09:50:36 PM »
This one's for Hawkmoon.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/children-are-more-smarter-than-ron-desantis-education-policies-democratic-teacher-turned-senator

During a nationally televised appearance on MSNBC to criticize Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ (R) educational policies, a Democratic lawmaker touted his credentials as a former teacher before saying the state’s “children are more smarter” than DeSantis believes. The statement was one of numerous grammatical and factual errors made by Florida State Senator Shevrin Jones (D) on “The ReidOut with Joy Reid” Thursday night

But wait! There's more!
DeSantis “is not dealing with the things that is [sic] more important, the kitchen table issues,” like “the up in rent that has taken place in South Florida,” apparently referring to rent increases. “
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
Re: "Children are more smarter than we think they are."
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 11:21:44 PM »
Sounds like my Freshman English teacher in high school who on the first day of class proclaimed "I teaches English and I is a gunna learn alla youse ta read and write betta."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 07:12:58 AM »
OH HOLY CRAP DON'T CRITICIZE HIS POOR GRAMMAR OR YOU'LL BE RACIST!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 08:33:55 AM »
BRING BACK EBONICS!

Wait! Or IS that Ebonics?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 08:40:19 AM »
The dems ready are scared of DeSantis if they're shoveling this much BS almost 3 years before the 2024 election
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes