Author Topic: Justice Stephen Breyer to retire  (Read 10209 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Justice Stephen Breyer to retire
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2022, 11:47:18 AM »
That's not a particularly hard name to pronounce......

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2022, 11:54:14 AM »

"It's spelled Raymond Luxury-Yacht but it's pronounced Throat-Warbler Mangrove"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 12:45:39 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2022, 12:26:29 PM »
Stop being insubordinate and churlish.

Ref for Boomers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2022, 12:46:23 PM »

Ref for Boomers:

Thanks for the link.  I love that skit but hadn't seen it in so long I forgot about it
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 08:07:21 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2022, 07:50:16 PM »
Or whites, for that matter.

For Whites it's generally absurd spelling of common names.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2022, 08:10:11 PM »

"It's good, though..."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2022, 08:59:39 PM »

Ref for Boomers:

Not really the point.  In this case any subtle mispronunciation gets you a media pileup of of racism accusations.  And if you nail the pronunciation and whatever they're calling grammar,  it's patronizing.  There is no win.

AA-RON. lol

The defense rests.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Andiron

• friend

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2022, 09:06:22 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2022, 09:35:49 PM »

That ain't the half of it. I could list some stoopid white people names, but it would probably offend half the people on the board. Not that I'm beyond that, of course.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2022, 10:30:17 PM »
That ain't the half of it. I could list some stoopid white people names, but it would probably offend half the people on the board. Not that I'm beyond that, of course.

No argument from me,  I hate everyone equally.  But I'm not backing down on blacks taking the prize for stupid, unpronounceable bullshit names.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2022, 10:56:48 PM »
No argument from me,  I hate everyone equally.  But I'm not backing down on blacks taking the prize for stupid, unpronounceable bullshit names.

As Dr. Sowell has taught us, each ethnic group excels in their different areas.  :laugh:

HankB

• friend
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2022, 04:18:55 PM »
Hell,  I can't pronounce her name and I consider myself pretty well read and literate.  I don't know why blacks think they can name their kids unpronounceable bullshit and then get offended when the rest of us are confused as to how to pronounce said name.
La-A, pronounced La dash uh, because the "-" it not be silent.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2022, 09:11:26 PM »
As Dr. Sowell has taught us, each ethnic group excels in their different areas.  :laugh:

Exactly.

I've taken more *expletive deleted*it from sheet wearing morons for pointing out Sowell and Thomas are both brilliant while pointing out that I have no use whatsoever for your average "urban" black. (or urban anything, for that matter).  That group acting like a bunch of violent, 80 IQ tribesmen have more than earned my contempt.  And then they have the audacity to blame me for it.  lol.

So yeah,  I'm not excited about Biden's affirmative action nominee with the unpronounceable, culturally appropriated* name.

*Thanks for clearing that up, Charby.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2022, 09:12:51 PM »
La-A, pronounced La dash uh, because the "-" it not be silent.

Classic.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2022, 09:27:18 PM »
https://youtu.be/2xwXq0OZrMQ

The nomination video.

Biden lists what he considers her bona fides; "The courage to stand up for what she thinks is right".  What an extraordinary qualification... which has nothing to do with being a justice of the Supreme Court.   

And then he mispronounces her name.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2022, 09:30:31 PM »

And then he mispronounces her name.

That's okay, he's not an R
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2022, 08:47:45 PM »
Hopefully it's nothing serious, but man, this sure has me hoping Thomas stays healthy into 2024. He's the best justice on the court right now, IMO.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/03/20/justice-clarence-thomas-hospitalized-friday-evening-after-experiencing-flu-like-systems-and-the-left-reacts-just-like-youd-expect/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2022, 07:39:30 AM »
And many on the left are reacting exactly like you expect them to ranging from "Don't get Well" to lets get the ball rolling on his replacement now.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2022, 05:22:07 PM »
Meanwhile, back to the current opening: They (the left) just don't understand the Constitution, or the role of the Supreme Court.

https://apnews.com/article/ketanji-brown-jackson-confirmation-hearing-live-updates-54fe3957e4cca1a6d6dde5202631d0c2

Janette McCarthy Wallace, general counsel of the NAACP, said she was excited to see a Black woman on the verge of a high court seat.

“Representation matters,” Wallace said. “It’s critical to have diverse experience on the bench. It should reflect the rich cultural diversity of this country.”

Sorry, Ms. Wallace, but it's not about "representation," and it's not at all critical to have diverse experience on the Supreme Court. The "rich cultural diversity of the country" has nothing whatsoever to do with looking at a case and deciding if the underlying principles are in accord with the Constitution ... or not. All that's required (and is "critical") is an ability to read and understand what the Constitution says, and what the people who wrote it meant when they wrote it.

That's all. Nothing to do with "representation." Nothing to do with "diverse experience."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2022, 06:01:54 PM »
Man, the entire MSM is coming out in defense of child sex offenders in order to defend the appointee.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2022, 06:11:13 PM »
Man, the entire MSM is coming out in defense of child sex offenders in order to defend the appointee.

They are just getting ahead of the story when Zucker, Cuomo, H. Biden, and G. Maxwell start naming names. Their names.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2022, 08:15:08 PM »

Say what?  I must have missed an important memo.

Whatchu talking about, Willis?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?