Author Topic: Blame Canada  (Read 12944 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Blame Canada
« on: January 30, 2022, 10:59:25 PM »
Unless I missed it we are being about like most of our media and not discussing the Canadians getting cranky. I wonder if it will light things off here. My exercise today was opening google and duckduckgo. With google and "canadian t" typed I had no suggestions. With Duckduck I typed "cana" and had five suggestions of a trucker strike. Nope, no censorship here...
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Blame Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 07:42:29 AM »
Oh, yeah, Canada's truckers are getting feisty.

All 17 of them.

I saw where the Prime Wokester and his family fled Ottawa out of concerns for their safety.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 09:09:51 AM »
Google has been doing that for a long time.  That is partly why I stopped using it.  Other news service like Yahoo News filter out thing or at least sensationalize certain stories. 

You can always pick a few sites like Daily Wire and others if you just want headlines.  I don't always read Daily Wire, but I get their emails and see a lot of their headlines.  They had a number of stories related to the Trucker convoy. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 09:15:19 AM »
. With google and "canadian t" typed I had no suggestions.

Goggle was probably waiting to make sure you didn't mean another word that start with T  :rofl:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 09:53:20 AM »
My mother told me she didn't see any mention of the Canada truckers on her local/national news she watches.

She watches FOX and Newsmax so was aware of the goings on up there, she is pretty red pilled about network news and how slanted their "reporting" tends to be.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 09:58:47 AM »
Yup, totally ignored, or just a blip, on the various MSM outlets. It was a story in the European news I look at, but the US mainstream ignored it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 10:00:59 AM »
<editorial>Of late, GOOGLE articles seem to have been mostly written by people who think the world began in 1960. I used to read it to keep up with information. Now I read it to keep up with the Biases.</editorial>

Unless I missed it we are being about like most of our media and not discussing the Canadians getting cranky. I wonder if it will light things off here. My exercise today was opening google and duckduckgo. With google and "canadian t" typed I had no suggestions. With Duckduck I typed "cana" and had five suggestions of a trucker strike. Nope, no censorship here...

Anyhow, the OP seemed to be thin on details and I decided to wait to see if anyone else could do some light-shedding on its premise, so thanks.

That convoy dealie reminded me a little of the convoy in the movie F.I.S.T.

<editorial>The definitions for "red pilled" seem to be all over the place. Don't fall into the trap of using blurry argot and just use the fairly well established phrase "pissed off."

Mom probably wouldn't mind.</editorial>

Terry
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 10:19:36 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 10:05:44 AM »

I saw where the Prime Wokester and his family fled Ottawa out of concerns for their safety.

:rofl:

He should ask Biden for help. He used to be a trucker.  :rofl: :rofl:

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2022, 10:22:08 AM »
Yeah, I also liked the "Prime Wokester" characterization.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 10:55:07 AM »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2022, 12:29:49 PM »

They're not a real country anyway.

https://youtu.be/bOR38552MJA

Brad

Thankfully someone gets top shelf referential humor.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2022, 06:55:53 PM »
Apparently the protests are so peaceful that the Canadian media and academics have to redefine peaceful to show that the protests are actually violent. These people are sick in the head.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-calling-the-ottawa-protests-peaceful-downplays-non-violent-dangers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2022, 07:44:25 PM »
🔴LIVE Ottawa - RAW Footage: Freedom Convoy 2022 - Parliament Hill - Monday Jan 31 pt 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBO4kC8MhoA
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2022, 08:11:49 PM »
How many trucks are estimated to be there?
Blog under construction

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2022, 08:12:34 PM »
50,000 last I heard.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2022, 08:19:58 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2022, 07:03:06 AM »
Those truckers aren't Canadian anyway.  One Canadian media outlet reported that they are all Russians who are trying to start something.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2022, 07:34:32 AM »
Apparently the protests are so peaceful that the Canadian media and academics have to redefine peaceful to show that the protests are actually violent. These people are sick in the head.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-calling-the-ottawa-protests-peaceful-downplays-non-violent-dangers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
You need to have looting and arson in order for a protest to be "peaceful" - at least, according to the legacy media's coverage of the 2020 BLM & Antifa riots.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2022, 07:53:09 AM »
Those truckers aren't Canadian anyway.  One Canadian media outlet reported that they are all Russians who are trying to start something.

BBC News article said they saw a swastika. After that it nazi, nazi nazi, nazi, for the rest of the article 
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2022, 08:13:11 AM »
Their Gofundme has apparently gotten so much money - around $10 million - that Gofundme has frozen their account.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2022, 08:58:50 AM »

Back in Oct but what the hey, it's perfect.

I put the Grand Army of the Republic Suite over Canadian Riot Police marching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95tozp0wJRw
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2022, 09:06:34 AM »
BBC News article said they saw a swastika. After that it nazi, nazi nazi, nazi, for the rest of the article
I did hear one guy showed up with a Nazi flag who was not part of the protest but trying to act like it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2022, 09:22:51 AM »
I did hear one guy showed up with a Nazi flag who was not part of the protest but trying to act like it.

MSM when ONE loon shows up with a swastika
At a peaceful right wing protest : And here we have proof they're all Nazis, we were going to call them that anyway, but they're all Nazis I tell ya! We're all gonna die!
At a left wing loot and burn: Far right wing rioters attack peaceful protest.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 11:06:45 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2022, 11:07:00 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2022, 11:22:55 AM »

Back in Oct but what the hey, it's perfect.

I put the Grand Army of the Republic Suite over Canadian Riot Police marching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95tozp0wJRw
As I saw them marching along, I thought "Wouldn't it have been a shame if someone had accidentally spilled a carton of BBs - you know, those things that can act like ball bearings - on the street in front of them?  >:D

Or super glue . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain