Author Topic: How would YOU stop mass shootings?  (Read 1185 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: How would YOU stop mass shootings?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2023, 07:51:09 AM »
Related:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-licensed-carry-bystander-shot-el-paso-mall-shooter-targeted-more-would-be-victims-police

One thing about this one is that it looks to me like it was a targeted shooting, then the gunman was looking to get out and waving his gun around at people while doing so. It appears there were several armed people in the mall and one of them took the gunman down based on his behavior. I'm sure the gunman wasn't even thinking that any of the innocent bystanders there would have a gun. I'm curious if the mall had any kind of "no guns" policy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2023, 08:06:38 AM »
Mandatory firearm safety and proficiency training started in elementary schools. This must include rangetime and annual safety refreshers,  qualification tests and regular, subsidized practice. Field trips to long range or IDPA facilities. Get kids started with airguns as soon as they're physically able. Destigmatize the possession and use of personal firearms for sport, defense, and other political reasons.

Encourage youth participation in the shooting sports.  Get the NRAs head out of its rectum and back it its lane promoting the shooting sports- for example varsity skeet, rimfire benchrest and pistol.

And if that doesn't work, follow up with forced 24 month conscription for all able-bodied citizens between 17 and 19 years old without regard to  race, economic status, or gender identfixation.

Edit- Holy horsefeathers. I've become an old man!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 08:26:42 AM by Tuco »
7-11 was a part time job.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2023, 08:36:34 AM »
Mandatory firearm safety and proficiency training started in elementary schools. T

Good thought, except the areas that used to be used for that are now either designated safe spaces or else changing rooms, where little boys can dress like girls and vice versa without their parents knowing about it. Priorities, man.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2023, 08:51:30 AM »
Israel requires all schools with more than 100 students to have armed security.  This policy has been effective for them.  I would do the same.

This could be fulfilled with armed staff, school resource officers or private security guards.  Armed staff would be low cost.

This is "legal" in many places.  However, schools are mostly run by left wing nutjobs who never would actually allow armed staff despite what the law says.  This is why the law should mandate it.